Mycom North America Employee Reviews

good enviorment
oil processers (Former Employee), torranceJuly 20, 2015
Pros: laughs
Cons: temp
A typical day at work would consist of assembling machines and welding and painting. helping others. learning new things new ways to approach machines on how to fix them.
Mycom/Mayakawa
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay rate, excellent management, team work
Cons: downsizing, no room for advancement
Friendly, proficient, and professional company. Great benefits and pay rate. Excellent company that treats it's employees well.
Excellent on the job training.
Wireless Device Tester Labs (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Great Training.
Cons: Bad Travel Polices.
Company was very good in providing training on the job and classroom in many different technologies and fields in the industry.
Graet company to work for
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great pay and I looked forward to going to work everydy.
Cons: Travel
On a daily basis I worked on the construction side of new cell site installation as well as integration. Everyone in the company worked together a a close knit team. That includes the management that were always there to answer or find the answers to problems that arose during construction.
Integrated Cell Sites
Field Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2015
Pros: Traveled to nice cities, learned the wireless industry
Cons: Not enough pay for the industry competition
Traveled to cities around the west coast and installed, commissioned and integrated equipment at cell sites.

The company did get me started in the wireless industry
A place where dreams comes true.
Field Engineer III (Current Employee), Roswell, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: vehicle provided, gas, perdiem, overtime
Cons: travel a lot
I've been wth MYCOM North America for almost 6 years now and I really appreciate how this company molded me for who I am today. I've been sent to trainings to advance my skills and knowledge. They gave us series of Online trainings and seminars to grow our carreer. They've done lots of safety trainings to make us aware of all work related safety measures. They provided good beneifts and insurance too. Life is Good at Mycom North America.
Poor Management = Unhappy Employees
CM (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 5, 2015
The Arizona office will fail. Between the Director of Operations and the one Project Manager in that office, this office will not be around for long. These two positions are highly compensated for doing absolutely nothing. The employees that are lower on the management ladder get all of the work to do while the two higher ups sit around doing nothing. Maybe one day the corporate office will see what is going on in Arizona and make a change or for that matter just close the Arizona market because the bad reputation is growing rapidly.
Misdirected
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Charotte, NC.February 23, 2015
Mycom is a sales driven company with not enough focus on Customer service and little support for their employees. I would not recommend anyone working there.
Absolutely a great career to have while raising a family. Work security was defiantly low.
Construction manager (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pto
Cons: work security low
A typical day at Mycom was a deployment meeting each morning to take ownership of our action items and then off to the field to work with the contractors on site builds.

I have learned much through out my time at Mycom from working directly with the client from ms-95 starting schedule to ms-155 close out turn over packages to hands on install with fiber 7705 and router installs along with the provisioning , complete installs of UMTS and LTE to integration.

Mycom went through several managers while my time there which made things a little unsettling. Until 2014 they brought in a new director who has stuck with it and doing a great job.,

Very few co-workers the ones I had were great and learned a lot from them.

Was getting good quality contractors to complete good work from beginning to end.

Was working the RMR region Loved it!
Small Startup
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you get to do a lot of different types of roles.
Cons: you get to do a lot of different types of roles without your pay changing.
Great start up company, a little shaky as all small companies, but in general a great place to work.
Work in Motion
Purchasing Manager & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: exciting industry- next gen
Cons: benefits customer more than employee
Mycom has satellite markets which open and close frequently. Typical contract work within the Telecom Industry. As a Warehouse Personnel I saw a lot of people come and go, but decided to leave myself once the opportunity for advancement ceased to exist.
I enjoyed working at Mycom. The people are great really take care of their own
Project Coordinator Small-Cell Development (Former Employee), 1701 N Collins Richardson, TX 75080December 9, 2014
The people, co workers at Mycom are pleasant to with with. They have no problem training you and make sure your taken care of.
N/A
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2014
Lots of good people to work with. Very fast paced environment.
Poor management defeats the efforts of well qualified employees.Lack of corporate support
Site Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
Pros: salaries equivalent to market rates
Cons: healthcare could be improved. no loyalty from management. inexperienced upper management.
Excessive amount of inexperienced upper management to include directors. The company shows no loyalty to their employees. Very arrogant attitude within the corporate atmosphere
Good company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: benefits
Family owned company. Came in on the ground level when company was first starting up. Very involved in many aspects of the company.
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2014
Mycom is an international telecommunications company. In North America they specialize in wireless turf vending with AT&T.
Mentality didn't fit the title
Construction Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CA/ ArizonaAugust 5, 2014
Mycom was one of the companies that grew quickly and was getting to become one of the largest companies in America when providing services to main carriers with installation, integration and construction. A very great place to work and will work there again if given the opportunity.
Alright company to work with
Market Director (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: more controls and processes needed
Good benefits but seriously need more structure and more good people on the team.
R.F Engineering- Operation & Projects Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2013
Good work culture and fun place, pretty well remuneration, Lot of traveling.
Job description
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: travel, free lunches, customer interface
Cons: lon hours
Send out schedule for daily work activity to Techs
Capture revenue for work done
Perform Bid walks with customer and submit quotes
Send daily reporting to customer for work performed on sites
Approve time cards for techs
Run multiple markets on various jobs
Travel to mutiple markets for cutomer interface
Work long hours