Mycom North America Employee Reviews

Fun and productive
Wireless Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  NationwideDecember 28, 2016
Coordination with other companies in testing circuits. Learned how to configure multiplexers and DWDM equipment. Management were very supportive. Need to work and learn by yourself. Working on top of the mountain during cut-over is the hardest. When you complete and delivered the job is the most enjoyable part specially when you know that the customer was eager to get the job done.
Mycom/Mayakawa
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 15, 2015
Friendly, proficient, and professional company. Great benefits and pay rate. Excellent company that treats it's employees well.
Pros
Good pay rate, excellent management, team work
Cons
downsizing, no room for advancement
Great place to work. Fun people, creativity is encouraged.
Vendor Relations Specialist/ Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 19, 2013
Long days.Learned about Disaster Recovery Plan. Management was supportive, but slow. Co-workers were great, but slow to try new things. The hardest part of the job- Management and Co-workers were interested in innovation but slow to implement. The most enjoyable part of the job was improving processes.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no 401k matching or pension plan
Good Company
Senior RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXApril 26, 2016
The company was small and mainly supporting Wireless carrier expansion. The group I belong was small but fun to work with.
Work in Motion
Purchasing Manager & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Mycom has satellite markets which open and close frequently. Typical contract work within the Telecom Industry. As a Warehouse Personnel I saw a lot of people come and go, but decided to leave myself once the opportunity for advancement ceased to exist.
Pros
Exciting Industry- Next Gen
Cons
Benefits customer more than employee
Great staff in office
RF Scoping engineer, Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 18, 2015
MYCOM has given me a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in the telecommunication management field.

MYCOM has a great team in the LA office but efforts are lost to poor communication thru out the company. There are major miscommunication between OPS, Finance and executive management often making business difficult to conduct.
Pros
working with friendly coworkers to achieve goals
Cons
lack of training and management software
Absolutely a great career to have while raising a family. Work security was defiantly low.
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at Mycom was a deployment meeting each morning to take ownership of our action items and then off to the field to work with the contractors on site builds.

I have learned much through out my time at Mycom from working directly with the client from ms-95 starting schedule to ms-155 close out turn over packages to hands on install with fiber 7705 and router installs along with the provisioning , complete installs of UMTS and LTE to integration.

Mycom went through several managers while my time there which made things a little unsettling. Until 2014 they brought in a new director who has stuck with it and doing a great job.,

Very few co-workers the ones I had were great and learned a lot from them.

Was getting good quality contractors to complete good work from beginning to end.

Was working the RMR region Loved it!
Pros
Great benefits and PTO
Cons
Work security low
Company doesnt seem to be going anywhere
Employee (Current Employee) –  Western USMay 22, 2013
Very Top Heavy company. Poorly managed. No accountability. No Oversight. No structure. Be aware that you will be required to pay for everything from Gas to materials out of pocket and get reimbursed 3 to 4 weeks later. That creates a financial hardship for some. New Mycom Policy is no company vehicles. Perfect example of bad management decisions. Mycom has potential but has alot of growing and needs to work through internall issues. Expanded too fast. Wrong people put into upper management positions
Pros
Good Health care that starts immediately after you get hired. Company Cell Phone, Laptop
Cons
Laptops are refurbs. Slow, old OS and don't work very well. No Company Vehicles, No Milage reimbursement, just gas reimbursement.
Poor Management = Unhappy Employees
CM (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 5, 2015
The Arizona office will fail. Between the Director of Operations and the one Project Manager in that office, this office will not be around for long. These two positions are highly compensated for doing absolutely nothing. The employees that are lower on the management ladder get all of the work to do while the two higher ups sit around doing nothing. Maybe one day the corporate office will see what is going on in Arizona and make a change or for that matter just close the Arizona market because the bad reputation is growing rapidly.
Good while it lasted
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 5, 2015
I found Mycom to be a pretty fun company while it lasted, by the time I left they had major issues with their funding, they made a lot of mistakes, and ultimately this got them to where they are now.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Management.
Graet company to work for
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2015
On a daily basis I worked on the construction side of new cell site installation as well as integration. Everyone in the company worked together a a close knit team. That includes the management that were always there to answer or find the answers to problems that arose during construction.
Pros
Great pay and I looked forward to going to work everydy.
Cons
Travel
Small Company Atmosphere in a Corporate Structure
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 18, 2013
This is a very good company. In just a short time they have skyrocketed to the top of the Telecom industry for AT&T. Recently they have expanded past their capacity and have overwhelmed themselves with work. This company is still in its growing stages but they over work their workers without any following appreciation.
Pros
up and coming company in the telecom industry
Cons
limited chance for advancement
Free healthy snacks in breakroom.
Development Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 30, 2012
Typical Day: Researching plus accessing training courses / materials. mentoring / consulting.
Learned: iDAS, IDAS Fiber Optics plus Fiber Optics Network Design.
Management: Non-Micro.
Co-Workers: Multicultural.
Hardest part of the Job: Finding enough time in the day.
Enjoyable part of the job_ HoT: Hands-on-Training
Pros
day to day challenges
Cons
location
Poor management defeats the efforts of well qualified employees.Lack of corporate support
Site Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
Excessive amount of inexperienced upper management to include directors. The company shows no loyalty to their employees. Very arrogant attitude within the corporate atmosphere
Pros
Salaries equivalent to market rates
Cons
Healthcare could be improved. No loyalty from management. Inexperienced upper management.
Job description
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2013
Send out schedule for daily work activity to Techs
Capture revenue for work done
Perform Bid walks with customer and submit quotes
Send daily reporting to customer for work performed on sites
Approve time cards for techs
Run multiple markets on various jobs
Travel to mutiple markets for cutomer interface
Work long hours
Pros
Travel, free lunches, customer interface
Cons
lon hours
A place where dreams comes true.
Field Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 21, 2015
I've been wth MYCOM North America for almost 6 years now and I really appreciate how this company molded me for who I am today. I've been sent to trainings to advance my skills and knowledge. They gave us series of Online trainings and seminars to grow our carreer. They've done lots of safety trainings to make us aware of all work related safety measures. They provided good beneifts and insurance too. Life is Good at Mycom North America.
Pros
Vehicle Provided, Gas, Perdiem, Overtime
Cons
Travel a lot
Good company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Family owned company. Came in on the ground level when company was first starting up. Very involved in many aspects of the company.
Benefits
Alright company to work with
Market Director (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Good benefits but seriously need more structure and more good people on the team.
Cons
more controls and processes needed
R.F Engineering- Operation & Projects Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2013
Good work culture and fun place, pretty well remuneration, Lot of traveling.
At first it wasn't bad.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Western USDecember 10, 2012
The job itself is fun and the pay when you get paid is not bad however this is the worst run most top heavy company I have every worked for. The travel is almost 100% and they have no consideration for your personal life,family life or safety . Also all your expenses come out of your own pocket.Witch you may or may not be reimbursed for in a timely manner. I really hated to leave. I loved the work but I could no longer stand doing it for Mycom.
Pros
easy fun job
Cons
mismanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mycom North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9