Mycom North America

Mycom North America Employee Reviews

A place where dreams comes true.
Field Engineer III (Current Employee), Roswell, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: vehicle provided, gas, perdiem, overtime
Cons: travel a lot
I've been wth MYCOM North America for almost 6 years now and I really appreciate how this company molded me for who I am today. I've been sent to trainings to advance my skills and knowledge. They gave us series of Online trainings and seminars to grow our carreer. They've done lots of safety trainings to make us aware of all work related safety measures. They provided good beneifts and insurance too. Life is Good at Mycom North America.
Poor Management = Unhappy Employees
CM (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 5, 2015
The Arizona office will fail. Between the Director of Operations and the one Project Manager in that office, this office will not be around for long. These two positions are highly compensated for doing absolutely nothing. The employees that are lower on the management ladder get all of the work to do while the two higher ups sit around doing nothing. Maybe one day the corporate office will see what is going on in Arizona and make a change or for that matter just close the Arizona market because the bad reputation is growing rapidly.
Misdirected
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Charotte, NC.February 23, 2015
Mycom is a sales driven company with not enough focus on Customer service and little support for their employees. I would not recommend anyone working there.
Absolutely a great career to have while raising a family. Work security was defiantly low.
Construction manager (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pto
Cons: work security low
A typical day at Mycom was a deployment meeting each morning to take ownership of our action items and then off to the field to work with the contractors on site builds.

I have learned much through out my time at Mycom from working directly with the client from ms-95 starting schedule to ms-155 close out turn over packages to hands on install with fiber 7705 and router installs along with the provisioning , complete installs of UMTS and LTE to integration.

Mycom went through several managers while my time there which made things a little unsettling. Until 2014 they brought in a new director who has stuck with it and doing a great job.,

Very few co-workers the ones I had were great and learned a lot from them.

Was getting good quality contractors to complete good work from beginning to end.

Was working the RMR region Loved it!
Small Startup
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you get to do a lot of different types of roles.
Cons: you get to do a lot of different types of roles without your pay changing.
Great start up company, a little shaky as all small companies, but in general a great place to work.
Work in Motion
Purchasing Manager & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: exciting industry- next gen
Cons: benefits customer more than employee
Mycom has satellite markets which open and close frequently. Typical contract work within the Telecom Industry. As a Warehouse Personnel I saw a lot of people come and go, but decided to leave myself once the opportunity for advancement ceased to exist.
I enjoyed working at Mycom. The people are great really take care of their own
Project Coordinator Small-Cell Development (Former Employee), 1701 N Collins Richardson, TX 75080December 9, 2014
The people, co workers at Mycom are pleasant to with with. They have no problem training you and make sure your taken care of.
N/A
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2014
Lots of good people to work with. Very fast paced environment.
Poor management defeats the efforts of well qualified employees.Lack of corporate support
Site Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
Pros: salaries equivalent to market rates
Cons: healthcare could be improved. no loyalty from management. inexperienced upper management.
Excessive amount of inexperienced upper management to include directors. The company shows no loyalty to their employees. Very arrogant attitude within the corporate atmosphere
Good company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: benefits
Family owned company. Came in on the ground level when company was first starting up. Very involved in many aspects of the company.
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2014
Mycom is an international telecommunications company. In North America they specialize in wireless turf vending with AT&T.
Mentality didn't fit the title
Construction Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CA/ ArizonaAugust 5, 2014
Mycom was one of the companies that grew quickly and was getting to become one of the largest companies in America when providing services to main carriers with installation, integration and construction. A very great place to work and will work there again if given the opportunity.
Alright company to work with
Market Director (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: more controls and processes needed
Good benefits but seriously need more structure and more good people on the team.
R.F Engineering- Operation & Projects Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2013
Good work culture and fun place, pretty well remuneration, Lot of traveling.
Job description
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: travel, free lunches, customer interface
Cons: lon hours
Send out schedule for daily work activity to Techs
Capture revenue for work done
Perform Bid walks with customer and submit quotes
Send daily reporting to customer for work performed on sites
Approve time cards for techs
Run multiple markets on various jobs
Travel to mutiple markets for cutomer interface
Work long hours
Company doesnt seem to be going anywhere
Employee (Current Employee), Western USMay 22, 2013
Pros: good health care that starts immediately after you get hired. company cell phone, laptop
Cons: laptops are refurbs. slow, old os and don't work very well. no company vehicles, no milage reimbursement, just gas reimbursement.
Very Top Heavy company. Poorly managed. No accountability. No Oversight. No structure. Be aware that you will be required to pay for everything from Gas to materials out of pocket and get reimbursed 3 to 4 weeks later. That creates a financial hardship for some. New Mycom Policy is no company vehicles. Perfect example of bad management decisions. Mycom has potential but has alot of growing and needs to work through internall issues. Expanded too fast. Wrong people put into upper management positions
Small Company Atmosphere in a Corporate Structure
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: up and coming company in the telecom industry
Cons: limited chance for advancement
This is a very good company. In just a short time they have skyrocketed to the top of the Telecom industry for AT&T. Recently they have expanded past their capacity and have overwhelmed themselves with work. This company is still in its growing stages but they over work their workers without any following appreciation.
Great place to work. Fun people, creativity is encouraged.
Vendor Relations Specialist/ Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Roswell, GAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no 401k matching or pension plan
Long days.Learned about Disaster Recovery Plan. Management was supportive, but slow. Co-workers were great, but slow to try new things. The hardest part of the job- Management and Co-workers were interested in innovation but slow to implement. The most enjoyable part of the job was improving processes.
At first it wasn't bad.
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Western USDecember 10, 2012
Pros: easy fun job
Cons: mismanaged
The job itself is fun and the pay when you get paid is not bad however this is the worst run most top heavy company I have ever worked for. The travel is almost 100% and they have no consideration for your personal life,family life or safety . Also all your expenses come out of your own pocket.Witch you may or may not be reimbursed for in a timely manner. I really hated to leave. I loved the work but I could no longer stand doing it for Mycom.
At first it wasn't bad.
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Western USDecember 10, 2012
Pros: easy fun job
Cons: mismanaged
The job itself is fun and the pay when you get paid is not bad however this is the worst run most top heavy company I have every worked for. The travel is almost 100% and they have no consideration for your personal life,family life or safety . Also all your expenses come out of your own pocket.Witch you may or may not be reimbursed for in a timely manner. I really hated to leave. I loved the work but I could no longer stand doing it for Mycom.

Mycom North America Salaries