MyDentist Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good experience learned a lot regarding medical/dental procedures
Patient Advocate & Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 28, 2015
Very aggressive atmosphere, offered services to anyine regardless of financials as they always had payments as an option. Felt like a car salesmen except I was selling dental treatment
Pros
people didn't get turned away often
Cons
deliquent accounts
Amazing dentist and amazing patients
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
I worked with an amazing doctor and had some amazing co-workers for sure. I learned a lot of new things about dentistry that I have never known. I believe the training I received was knowledgeable and well done. I loved everyone of my patients and the smiles they had when walking in and walking out of our practice. The hardest part was the consent change of management. It was never stable and made things hard for everybody when change was always happening. Yes change is great but but it made patients untrustworthy.
benefits
Horrible place to work!!!!
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 1, 2014
Manager was terrible and it was a hostile work environment. Went home everyday dreading to have to go back. They are all about money and not the patient. Had to stay late and make collection calls because money wasn't collected at time of service correctly. Too much confusion in this office and terrible MANAGER!!!
Pros
starting pay, co-workers, and doctors
Cons
terrible managers, work early to very late.
Doctors are very professional
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Good place to work, alot of team work, very caring doctors. very good experience there. good benifits, and future
Good place to work for except the Shawnee office
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 7, 2014
As the Business Assistant/Front Desk Scheduler I was responsible for checking patients in and pulling their charts. I also schedule new patient appointments and existing patients for additional treatment and cleanings. I perform other tasks given by the office manager and doctors. Below is a list of other tasks I perform on a daily basis.
 Verifying patients dental insurance and benefits
 Scheduling patient back for treatment and recall appointments
 Adding patients treatment into their account in the QSI dental system
 Operating QSI dental system
 Presenting treatment plans to patient with pricing
 Qualifying patient for financial options through 3 different financial institutes
 Taking new patient and existing patient calls on a 7 phone line system
 Checking in and out and organizing cases from the lab
 Auditing patient charts
 In charge of shipping out all the packages for the office
 Calling existing patients who have unscheduled treatment to fill the schedule.
 Calling in patient prescriptions
 Calling 20-30 patients per schedule to confirm next day appointments and 1 week appointments
 Auditing patients ledgers to determine where the patients balance originated from
 Submitting Medicaid claims
 Submitting pre authorizations to Medicaid and other insurance companies for pre-approval
 Filing all hygiene claims which is 20-30 per day
 Checking patients insurance frequencies to determine what patient is eligible for
 Following up all hygiene claims and providing correct documentation for claims
 Taking payments
 Providing excellent patient care for repeat
  more... business
Too much of a workload no room for advancement at Shawnee location although there were a lot of opportunities at other locations. No raises for 3 years at this current location.
Pros
patients and workers
Cons
overworked, no opportunity, no freedom to take vacation you have earned
Horrile copany to work for, terrible hours and unfriendly co-workers
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJuly 8, 2014
co-works always had a bad attitude and didn't want to come to work. The hours were supposed to be 7:45-5:00, but I would have to be there at 7:00 in the morning and not get to clock in till 7:45 and then I would not leave 6:30-7:00 everyday.
Stressfull
Dental Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 28, 2014
co-workers were great to be with, they all had similar family life like mine.
Felt like management was out to get you rather than work with you.
gained tons of experience working with insurance companies.
Pros
free dental cleaning
Cons
lack of trust in employees
Unpleasant workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keller,txMarch 22, 2014
The worst work environment, this people have no moral and are total careless about their employees. The Dr at the Keller location needs to go back to school if she ever went to one cause she have no idea of what she's doing patients wait even three hours even for a simple procedures and have to keep coming back cause failures of treatments and she treat the employees as slaves, and using intimidation against the employees letting them know how mean she can be if she don't like you you are fired. That office is a total mess stay away if you can.
MyDentist has no morals. It's all about money.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKDecember 29, 2013
I worked for My Dentist in Sapulpa as a care coordinator (front desk). I'll just make a list....

1) I was told at my interview they offered a retirement plan. Turns out, that isn't true.
2) It's impossible to get a raise. (Even though at the interview they tell you it's a possibility at your 90 day review.....which I never got) For example...An amazing assistant that had been doing her job for over 10 years asked for a raise after a year, and they gave her 25 cents more an hour!!!
3) The Poster Collector told me she thinks the Office Manager is stealing money.
4) The office manager is so ridiculously incompetent, it's almost laughable. The district manager gave her an amazing book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People" so she could communicate better with staff. Not only did she not read it, she laughed that he even thought she would read it.
5) They "hunt" for newly graduated dentists that don't know any better than to look elsewhere.
6) At our morning huddles, it was all about MONEY. Who cares about the patients care and experience, right? Definitely not My Dentist.
7)And finally, the manager wouldn't let parents go back with their (as young as) 5 year old child to see the dentist.....so you can imagine the screams.

They might be a bit cheaper than other dentist's but you get what you pay for. I was shocked at how many people came back because their filling came out, the dentist tore up my gum with his hand tool, etc. BEWARE OF MY DENTIST!!!!!
Pros
most co-workers were nice.
Cons
everything else
Horrible managers
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 22, 2013
Former Dental Assistant, money is very good, management likes to bully patients into doing their dental work. URGENCY MUST SELL DENTISTRY!!! Please look else where for good dental assisting jobs!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management, back stabbers!
Great Management and fun place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 22, 2013
Great management and fun place to work. Personal morals are not of high value which could be very upsetting at times, but laws and rules were generally followed and the atmosphere was very clean. Colleagues are supportive, and even if the corporate office did not advocate for the individual employee's rights, the office management certainly did. Unfortunately, to get any pay raise you have threaten to leave, even if you have been the most reliable employee with a hard-work ethic. So don't expect a pay increase if you'r nature is not to rock the boat. But overall, good place to work.
Daily Routine
Poster/Collector (Current Employee) –  NW Oklahoma City, OklahomaJuly 30, 2013
My day starts with balancing the daily cash reports from the previous days business. I do the banking, as well. I then scan our central billing office packet. All the while I collect payments from our patients. I am the patient advocate for Dr. Harper. I pre interview, if you will. I then transfer power to the dental assistant. I then receive the patients treatment plan and present it to them and make any financial arrangements, if needed. I thoroughly enjoy my team that I work with. We communicate well. No immature banter. We are a smooth running machine. I am responsible for our monthly AR/AP reports. I achieve my set goal every month for collections. The most difficult aspect of my position is when the patient does not have the money for their treatment, and they just break down with emotion, but this also the point that I start to find a payment arrangement that is comfortable for them. I enjoy working, helping our patients.
Pros
bonus system. great staff.
Cons
incorrect scheduling of patients, therefore causing the patient to wait.
HR Generalist/Community Outreach Director
R Generalist/Community Outreach Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJuly 11, 2013
• Developed company's first-ever standardized disciplinary procedures and tracking system that insulated company from legal risk and ensured consistent and fair discipline processes.
• Coordinator for work assignments, training, benefits, and promotions for over 200 staff members.
• Established appropriate job requirements and criteria for the vacant posts.
• Wrote employee manual covering issues including disciplinary procedures, code of conduct, FMLA policy and benefits information.
• Developed, administrated and implemented all the HR functions such as: interviewing, recruitment, appraisals, training and professional development, and benefits.
• Devised and implemented various programs to enhance company reputation within the community.
• Introduced company's first formal performance review program, creating a flexible and well-received tool that was later adopted company-wide.
• Assist in budget reconciliation and other forecasting/planning activities.
I worked with several assistants out of several rooms, i saw 15-20 patients a day
My Dentist (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 10, 2013
I learned to work fast and to be aware of the various ins plans.
I was micro managed.
My co workers were great
The hardest part of my job was not being given enough time to complete the tasks to my satisfaction .
I enjoyed working with a wide variety of people
Poor management
Ortho Assistant (Former Employee) –  LewisvilleApril 8, 2013
This company has too many manager positions and none of the managers are ever on the same page. I was constantly being told different things by every manager. (Some of which didn't even work in the same state I did). This company claims that customer service is their main goal, but all they care about is money. They will forego quality in exchange for quantity. The Dr's are treated like entry level employees and given no say or respect. Good employees were let go because they would address major (OSHA) issues and the company didn't want to hear it. You are definitely told one thing in your interview, but never see those things happen. I was told I wasn't a team player because I was hired for one location and then told I needed to travel an additional 45 mins to work at another location, with no gas reimbursement. The only plus about this company is they offer health benefits.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
very poor management. no concern about quality, only quantity.
Great Patients and Staff
Collections Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJJanuary 22, 2013
I gained alot of knowledge in the field of dentistry while I was employed with My Dentist. I loved the patients and employees. It was most rewarding when a patient came in with teeth problems and left with a beautiful smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
Pros
great patients and employess
Cons
business was slow due to economy and hours were cut.
Position pays well for industry standards
Assistant Manager - Patient Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 21, 2012
I was under the impression that the benefits of healthcare for my family would be much more affordable. It wasn't until 2 days before my insurance was to begin that I was notified the cost would be 3 time more than I expected. Therefore I am now looking for an opportunity that better fits the financial needs of my family.
Not an Honest Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2012
I hate to say this but they are not honest with you about your growth with the company.