Myers Tire Supply Employee Reviews

1970 business mentality
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2017
I had fun. The customers where all great and fun to help. Myers pricing strategy is very old school.when everyone sells they same product what makes you worth the 20%extra and making the customer wait
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Distribution model
Fun place to work great people
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 22, 2016
I had a sick child that was off school and in the hospital for a week back and forth and this.company cut ties with me stating "Myers is tour family we need you here no matter what"
Pros
Easy work no hars labor
Cons
No job security
Easy going company and very flexible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 17, 2016
The office was a 2 girl office, so we were able to work together well.
Our sales staff were easy to work with. A typical day was talking with customers all day on the phone and either taking their orders or helping identify what parts they needed. Sometimes identifying what they needed was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
understanding, flexible, no dress code
It was a real challenge to build my territory but I was able to do so.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 20, 2016
Like most companies today Myers Tire Supply is trying to respond and adapt to today's changing market. But there is no replacement for good customer service. That is what always set me apart from the rest.
Pros
Great product lines.
Cons
Very few.
Company that could care less about it's employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 21, 2016
No car allowance, no gas reimbursement unless you have to travel out of town overnight and then it's a pittance of a per-diem considering it has to cover meals, fuel, and hotel stay. This is illegal in the state of California. Myers has their employees believing that they should write their mileage off on their taxes. Complete violation of CA State law.

Too many hands in the pot to be competitive and earn decent commission. The home office sells all of the products to it's branch locations at a profit and then you have to try and sell it and still make money. These days with the internet, customers are pretty savvy. It's very competitive and in order to get the sale sometimes it is necessary to sell items with a razor thin margin because MTS is making profit on you and then on your customer and they don't care that you make no money as long as they do. Their solution? You have to sell yourself, sell the company, sell the warranty, sell the service and price will not be an issue.

Management is aloof and distant. Recent changes in pay make the job not worth it, considering you foot the bill on all you vehicle expenses. An average employee making 30K base will be lucky to see 20K at years end after expenses. Very hard to make a commission goal selling items at a markup that start out higher than your competitors retail costs.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
Pros
Customers are great, Co workers are great.
Cons
NO reimbursement for vehicle usage.
A true sales job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Myers Tire Supply is a nice place to work. You are given a big territory to grow and develop. You are tasked with providing face-to-face service which will result in getting orders. Myers deals primarily with servicing all tire needs such as valve stems, wheel weights and chemicals.
Great Place to work at
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin CAMarch 6, 2014
Great place to work at, wonderful staff learned a lot, dealt with a lot of customers. Boss was wonderful sad to leave.
I enjoyed working here. This was a one girl office among men.
Accounts Receivable Clerk/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHOctober 25, 2013
I have access to the building so I could get a jump on the days work.
I plan my day in order that needs to be done right away. This included running statements, billing customers, account recievables, handled multiple phone lines, took care of customers questions regarding their bills and taking orders. Worked in the warehouse when needed, also deliverd merchadise to costomers. Prepared for month end and year end closings. may deposits daily to the bank.
Pros
I injoyed the trust that was given to me.
Cons
There was none.
Good company, below average pay.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgisSeptember 29, 2013
Good company to work for. Benefits are as good or bad as anyone's these days. No car allowance, no gas reimbursement unless you have to travel out of town overnight and then it's a pittance of a per-diem considering it has to cover meals, fuel, and hotel stay. You abuse your vehicle to the tune of 50k miles a year for the company and most of the time you are footing the bill for it.

Pros
Flexible hours, decent benefits.
Cons
No vehicle allowance, no mileage reimbursement, no gas card.
Great company!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 27, 2013
Steady work flow with many responsibilities. An engaging and enjoyable environment to work in.
Great place to work!!! A+++++
Picker packer forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 25, 2013
I am currently employed by Myers Tire Supply and I have loved every second of it. It is a very easy job and has a great management system. Great benefits. There is no hard part of the job. I moved up within 30 days of being with the company. I have great co-workers. It is just an all around great job!! Highly Recommended
Cons
Not a progressive, forward thinking company
Inventory (Former Employee) –  OHJanuary 16, 2013
1970s management style and philosophy; complacent; leadership is very protective of middle managers at expense of employees
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 22, 2012
I managed a three state sales territory.Took care of 300 regular and repeat customers,selling them new product,inventory control,and training.
I learned how to work independently and responsibly to effectively manage my time.
My branch manager was a super boss,she worked with us to help create more sales.
My co-workers were like a great big family.We all helped each other suceed.
The hardest part of this job was to get to each and every customer as much as I would like.
I really enjoyed being on the road and building a sales territory,making long lasting relationships.
Pros
great product
Productive workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken,NJMarch 15, 2012
Myers tire supply was a great workplace, the company branch closed , and I was laid off from the job, but overall it was a great job and I enjoyed the position and the staff.
one of the biggest companies in the industry to work with
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 15, 2012
the top company to work for if you are in the tire industry, and you can learn a lot while working for them
Pros
only one shift, nice people to work with, no weekends
Cons
no overtime, locations only in some states