Myers Tire Supply Employee Reviews in United States

Company that could care less about it's employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 21, 2016
No car allowance, no gas reimbursement unless you have to travel out of town overnight and then it's a pittance of a per-diem considering it has to cover meals, fuel, and hotel stay. This is illegal in the state of California. Myers has their employees believing that they should write their mileage off on their taxes. Complete violation of CA State law.

Too many hands in the pot to be competitive and earn decent commission. The home office sells all of the products to it's branch locations at a profit and then you have to try and sell it and still make money. These days with the internet, customers are pretty savvy. It's very competitive and in order to get the sale sometimes it is necessary to sell items with a razor thin margin because MTS is making profit on you and then on your customer and they don't care that you make no money as long as they do. Their solution? You have to sell yourself, sell the company, sell the warranty, sell the service and price will not be an issue.

Management is aloof and distant. Recent changes in pay make the job not worth it, considering you foot the bill on all you vehicle expenses. An average employee making 30K base will be lucky to see 20K at years end after expenses. Very hard to make a commission goal selling items at a markup that start out higher than your competitors retail costs.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
Pros
Customers are great, Co workers are great.
Cons
NO reimbursement for vehicle usage.
Good company, below average pay.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgisSeptember 29, 2013
Good company to work for. Benefits are as good or bad as anyone's these days. No car allowance, no gas reimbursement unless you have to travel out of town overnight and then it's a pittance of a per-diem considering it has to cover meals, fuel, and hotel stay. You abuse your vehicle to the tune of 50k miles a year for the company and most of the time you are footing the bill for it.

Pros
flexible hours, decent benefits.
Cons
no vehicle allowance, no mileage reimbursement, no gas card.
Great place to work!!! A+++++
Picker packer forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 25, 2013
I am currently employed by Myers Tire Supply and I have loved every second of it. It is a very easy job and has a great management system. Great benefits. There is no hard part of the job. I moved up within 30 days of being with the company. I have great co-workers. It is just an all around great job!! Highly Recommended
Pros
everything
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 22, 2012
I managed a three state sales territory.Took care of 300 regular and repeat customers,selling them new product,inventory control,and training.
I learned how to work independently and responsibly to effectively manage my time.
My branch manager was a super boss,she worked with us to help create more sales.
My co-workers were like a great big family.We all helped each other suceed.
The hardest part of this job was to get to each and every customer as much as I would like.
I really enjoyed being on the road and building a sales territory,making long lasting relationships.
Pros
great product
I enjoyed working here. This was a one girl office among men.
Accounts Receivable Clerk/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHOctober 25, 2013
I have access to the building so I could get a jump on the days work.
I plan my day in order that needs to be done right away. This included running statements, billing customers, account recievables, handled multiple phone lines, took care of customers questions regarding their bills and taking orders. Worked in the warehouse when needed, also deliverd merchadise to costomers. Prepared for month end and year end closings. may deposits daily to the bank.
Pros
i injoyed the trust that was given to me.
Cons
there was none.
Not a progressive, forward thinking company
Inventory (Former Employee) –  OHJanuary 16, 2013
1970s management style and philosophy; complacent; leadership is very protective of middle managers at expense of employees
one of the biggest companies in the industry to work with
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 15, 2012
the top company to work for if you are in the tire industry, and you can learn a lot while working for them
Pros
only one shift, nice people to work with, no weekends
Cons
no overtime, locations only in some states
Productive workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken,NJMarch 15, 2012
Myers tire supply was a great workplace, the company branch closed , and I was laid off from the job, but overall it was a great job and I enjoyed the position and the staff.
Great Place to work at
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin CAMarch 6, 2014
Great place to work at, wonderful staff learned a lot, dealt with a lot of customers. Boss was wonderful sad to leave.
Great company!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 27, 2013
Steady work flow with many responsibilities. An engaging and enjoyable environment to work in.

Want to know more about Myers Tire Supply?

Ask a question