MYERS AND STAUFFER LC Employee Reviews

Great place for career and personal development.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2017
Very productive and serious firm with different areas for career development, advancement and learning. Great, respectful and relax culture. Management very interactive with all employees. Management makes sure you're setting, working and meeting short and long term goals so that you succeed in your career and development, both inside and outside of the workplace.
Terrible Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
This is a terrible place to work, the training is not beneficial. Also management does not value you as an employee and very little room for advancement
Not a learning experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2017
I had worked there over two years. The experience is very specific to Medicaid and is not applicable to any other industry. You will get pigeonholed. The work is the same if you're a senior accountant/analyst or a staff analyst. I'd suggest working elsewhere for an entry level job. Pay is below industry average.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 20, 2017
Co workers were great to work with

Office Manager was always doing things for us to show her appreciation.

Great benefits

Enjoyed the work I did it varied
Pros
Was a very fun place to work
Great place to work, become a CPA, have a life outside work, and advance!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 22, 2016
Myers and Stauffer is a wonderful place to work and I can say we have a great team. Where else can you become a CPA, have long-term growth opportunities, AND a life outside of work. If you want a nice career with long-term rewards, this is the place.
Pros
Growth, Learning and Advancement Opportunities
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anonymous locationMarch 2, 2016
I worked here 5 years. Now I left I realize even more what a horrible decision I made by staying there for so long. I wish I was smarter and left earlier. If you have an accounting degree, I wouldn't work here. This place you will make you read nurses notes and review cost reports.

My bosses, who had CPA and was there 10+ years, could not find work after they quit because they had zero relevant experience to accounting field. The partners constantly doubted me and I never got an opportunity to grow professionally. My department trainings are done by peers, which I had to create and organize because they don't want to spend money on it and refused to send us to other offices or conferences. I felt that they attracted the worst types of people because they can't sell this type of position to the cream of the crop. I still hear about horror stories about very unprofessional people working for this company.

My bosses went to MSLC competitors or got a job with the state who were once their client. My colleagues ended up starting over as an entry level accountant/auditor.

If I were you, a budding or mid-level auditor/accountant, I would avoid this place. I personally agree with all the negative reviews on the glassdoor. They try to sell the place as if you are doing something sexy and big with healthcare but I never did. I heard that they bid very low that's how they get contracts and beat competitions. I think I got paid very low because of that. I never saw a bonus for my hard work but the senior managers and partners got annual bonus built into their contract. We found
  more... out when there was a merger. I had my salary evaluated by a headhunter as I was leaving and they were surprised how low my salary was. I was fortunate and got a job that paid much better and gave me better opportunities but it took more than a year. Check out the negative reviews on glassdoor too.  less
Pros
Cons
Low salary, below average benefit package, poor IT equipment, no future
Accounting firm
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 7, 2016
Good place to work and get foot in door as accountant. Company environment is fast paced but company does well to work with employees and meet deadlines.
Great place to learn and hone professional skills.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2013
M and S is a great place to work. You are given an opportunity to learn different avenues of healthcare in relation to Medicaid services as well as opportunities to hone professional skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with the most knowledgeable professionals employed at the firm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MYERS AND STAUFFER LC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9