Mylan Employee Reviews

Mylan is an excellent company to work for if you are suited for the corporate work environemnt.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 17, 2017
All in all; Mylan is a very generous company to work for. I would highly recommend people work there.
The distribution side of the company is very supportive for existing employees but there is little to no room for advancement or additional training.
Some of the most supportive management I have ever met.
Pros
employee meals, supportive management, growing company
Cons
little to no overtime at our location
Good work/life balance, however...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NortheastNovember 15, 2017
Nice people to work with. Very responsive to requests. However, too many people handle too little things. Don't understand the marketplace needs. No room for advancement.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Somewhat good experience.
Senior Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  Point, PANovember 14, 2017
My personal managers were the best- question some of the decisions of upper management. During certain times of my employment I feel they took advantage of the customers with pricing
Pros
good benefits
Cons
upper management- greedy
scary place to work these days
Technical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 14, 2017
job security is scary at this point. just did more cuts last week. outsourcing our jobs to another company. Never told the truth and i feel like important info is always kept from people in the department.
Not a healthy work place
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 13, 2017
Would not recommend this place to work. The leadership is terrible and the workplace has no room for mistake. Managers are constantly breathing down your neck and the CEO is god awful.
benefits
Cons
terrible leadership
Good culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  PANovember 13, 2017
There was a friendly culture. Everyone was accessible and easy to speak with. There was not much room for promotion due to the overall size of the company.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Generic company still trying to figure out branded side of the industry
Nice place to worik
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2017
Initially was a great culture, but after the EpiPen problems the company had they began laying off and morale is way down compared to when I first started.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
High stress political environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 10, 2017
I worked at Mylan full time for several years. It was a very stressful, cut throat environment. Pay was great, HR Dept was a joke. HR overlooked a lot of issues that occurred and there was no confidentiality. Upper management is terrible. They would rather fill positions with friends of friends from other pharmaceutical companies than promote within. Would not recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Political, high stress
Busy lifestyle but rewarding
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 10, 2017
Hard work and long hours, but I enjoyed my job taking care of my clients.
I learned so much in this industry and the benefits were fantastic. Changing times requires changing decisions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Changing industry
decent place to work
Senior Executive Support Engineer for Global IT (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 10, 2017
Stressful environment but compensation is good.
Just went through a second series of layoffs.
Been here a long time without being promoted and without any outlook for advancement, will prob have to leave company to advance.
Pros
compensation
Cons
stress and turnover
poor management
Quality Control Senior Chemist, HPLC (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 2, 2017
unrealistic expectations. Toxic work environment. Tolerable depending on department and manager that you have. Always changes no consistancy from day to day
High stress, good pay, but that's about it.
Quality Control Associate Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 24, 2017
Mylan is provides ample benefits. In return they expect the majority of your time to be spent at Mylan. The culture is definitely a one way street, and do not expect any loyalty or sacrifice on your end to be considered if a few dollars can be saved by outsourcing your role.
Very stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505October 23, 2017
Mylan use to be a good place to work until the CEO ruined it for the hardworking employees that actually work.
I was required to be there an hour before my midnight shift started and required to stay until an hour after my shift for meetings.

They do a lot of letting people go with no explanation. I, like hundreds of others were let go due to "restructuring"
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
night shift
Very poor management
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 18, 2017
Inter-team work usually went pretty well, but a huge disconnect between laboratory workers and laboratory management overshadowed everything that occurred in the lab. Between consistent lack of open communication channels and failure to update policies, it is a very dynamic environment - and that isn't intended as a positive comment.
Loved my job
Chemist Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 18, 2017
Loved my job, Hate politics. Worked there for 23 years. Was like a big family when I began but, it became all about money. I learned everything I did for my job, on the job. There was no advancement for someone with out a degree. Many people were held in positions with no pay raise, for 10 years plus.
Pros
Great pay
Good and Bad
Quality Control - Chemist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 14, 2017
If they don't like you there...good luck. The benefits and pay are outstanding. I also made some life long friends. Unfortunately, literally everything else about that place is miserable. When I first started, I loved everything, and over the past years its just gone WAY downhill.
Work challenges me everyday. I am constantly learning and applying that knowledge
Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 13, 2017
Work is challenging and demanding. With my current position, I've gained so much knowledge about the industry and gained the understanding that being a strong leader is just as valuable as being a strong employee.
Unhealthy place to work
Analytical Data Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PROctober 9, 2017
There is a lack of team spirit. Team members with bad tempers, sloppiness, lack of collaboration, and general attitude without being warned for this behavior.
Very Stressful and Demanding Job
Dissolution Chemist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 8, 2017
The work is not difficult, but the culture of Mylan is very demanding and very cut throat. Most people are looking out for number 1. Lots of very good people working there. Management could use some evaluation.
Pros
Free Mylan Made Prescriptions for 2 Family Members
Cons
Overworked
Senior Manager, NA Human Relations (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 5, 2017
Busy, multi-tasking, high paced, my operational management team is a pleasure to work. I appreciate everything Mylan has done for me and I am proud to be given an opportunity to be part of the Mylan Spirit. It has been a great ride.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, NA Operations Leadership Team
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mylan. Our community is ready to answer.