Mylan Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work for the town I am in
Supply planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 3, 2016
I have been here for over 10 years. This was THE place to work, but in the past several years after the founder had passed away and the business became global.. the benefits and perks that once made this a stand out company have slowly been taken away.
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 17, 2016
Lack of communication between the supervisory staff and upper management. Provided additional OT hours without a word of appreciation or compensation. Excellent benefits package. Job is not secure as two massive layoffs have already occurred and more are to come.
Great Company
Cleaning Validation - Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRJanuary 18, 2016
Graet company to work for. Good benefits and salaries.

Liked that they are making bio-equivalent medicines.

This help the people, the government and the economy.
Great pay but that's it
Employee (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 17, 2015
Mylan pays good but has started upping the insurance which is still cheap. The deductible has raised from $100 to $700 for company people over the last 2 weeks. Dental is $50 every two weeks. Company only matches 401k up to $1300 for laborers. Very poorly education employees. Employees are very old school and hard nosed.
Pros
Work is inside out of the weather
Cons
Most Employees have terribe attitudes
SAP HANA BW Architect Position Desired
SAP HANA/BW Architect (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 24, 2015
Mylan is an excellent company with good benefits.
Worked with Mylan for 8+ years, looking for a change and advancement.
Nowhere near as good as it sounds
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 26, 2016
Note: I worked as a contracted employee through a staffing firm.

People talk about how Mylan is one of the best employers in Morgantown but I found them to be quite the opposite. The culture at the Greenbag Road location suffers from the "who you know" trap. It's impossible for any work you do to be recognized or appreciated, make any sort of advancement, or generally enjoy your job at all if you're not part of an "in" clique. I routinely saw certain co-workers be talked down to and reprimanded for things that others, who had been there longer or were buddy-buddy with my manager, were able to get away with with impunity.

Management is a joke, they shift as much work and blame on their underlings as they possibly can, even at the expense of others' ability to get work done. I witnessed my manager pull coworkers away from their regular duties to perform trivial and menial tasks that were the manager's responsibility, which lumped more work on the shoulders of myself and others in my department. Since I worked in a department that was constantly busy due to fielding incoming phone calls from Mylan employees across the globe, having even one coworker unavailable made the work load vastly heavier for the rest. The best part was that the gentleman who was pulled from his regular duties was obviously someone who was "in" with the manage. While he was performing the duties the manager should have been doing, he was typically browsing the internet and being paid to screw around while the rest of us shouldered an increased work load. This was a very regular occurrence.

We were
  more... expected to submit corrections to help documents that are available, but when doing so as a contractor, any suggestions I made were routinely ignored until an actual Mylan employee made them, in which case that employee was lauded for their efforts. This happened to me personally on three separate occasions. Additionally, most concerns raised by my fellow contracted employees were ignored.

Training was insufficient, the previously mentioned help documents that were available were out dated and included instructions that weren't blatantly incorrect, but we were still expected to know how to do everything without questions because "there are documents available."

Finally, the department I worked in provided IT support. I enjoy the line of work because I enjoy helping people and solving problems. That's not what they want you to do at Mylan though; you're supposed to worry about your metrics such as your talk time and your resolution rate and how much time you spent in the phone queue being available to take calls. I understand this is a personal issue, but the corporate culture of Mylan is 100% focused on their ability to make money, as if their relocating their headquarters to the United Kingdom and being registered in the Netherlands to avoid paying US taxes isn't enough of an indicator.

TL/DR:
Management is a joke, culture is focused on revenue, they don't care about their employees (cause, you know, paying their CEO 8 million a year is fine, especially while having an understaffed, overworked and contracted first line of IT support for employees spanning the globe), you will not be happy or advance if you aren't part of a clique and/or know someone important.
Pros
Parking I guess
Cons
Everything else
Company treats their employees very well.
Associate Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJune 9, 2016
frequent Set up, Operation, and clean up of many different machines. organize tools, documentation, and keep production lines clean. contribute to the output of high quality product following standard operating procedures and safety guidelines including Lock Out Tag Out. Dispose of non-hazardous and hazardous waste in the proper waste streams.
Pros
Healthcare and other benefits, competitive pay, paid lunch/breaks
Cons
communication throughout plant is weak.
Great company, good people
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaAugust 29, 2015
Good company to work for, great benefits and salary. Management was great towards it's employees and always did right by them. Hardest part of the job was being away from family for 10 out of every 12 weeks and staying in hotels for 3-4 nights a week.
Quality Auditor
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRAugust 23, 2016
Execute raw material inspection as part of incoming processed. Performed final product inspections and audits as part of product release and shipping processed. Responsible for taking "swab" sample as part of the QA microbiology control. Performed clean room environmental monitoring auditor regarding, cleaning and sanitation processes.
Great company, but terrible job security.
(College) Manufacturing Summer Help Employee (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 27, 2015
Mylan Pharmaceuticals, being a fortune 500 company is a great place to work and one can gain valuable experience if employed here. The two biggest problems I had with the company were that the individuals working there were extremely arrogant, and the job security is absolutely terrible. I cannot count the number of people who were terminated for very mediocre reasons, even after they had spent 10 years building their career here. It is, however, a great place for interns or college students, however I wouldn't plan on building a career here because of the job security.
Pros
great pay, and benefits
Cons
job security, arrogant office workers.

Want to know more about Mylan?

Ask a question
Wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here.
Senior Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 28, 2016
This company is very shady and likes to sweep mostakes under the rug and act like they dont exist. If you point point out anything you notice they WILL MAKE UP reason to let you go in fear of being exposed for they really are.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Friendly coworkers and management
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 20, 2016
Very large office building with a very diverse staff. Friendly and helpful coworkers and management.
Extremely safe work environment and a great cafeteria.
Pros
Cafeteria, safe workplace environment
Cons
Temporary contract with no inclination of being hired or not.
Healthcare company, challenging work, satisfying products
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJune 7, 2016
Mylan has been a good job for myself. It has been challenging but also exciting working to produce healthcare medicine to make the lives of others better.
Pros
Paid breaks, shift differentials, 8 hour shifts
Cons
off shift hours, weekend OT at times
To many bosses not enough workers
Sr. Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJune 7, 2016
Do not treat there employees very well. To many managers not enough workers all way short staffed. Treat employees like there just another number. And has the good old buddy system going on if you know the right person you will climb the ladder if not you get stepped on.
Awesome Culture
Senior SAP BW/HANA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 7, 2016
About the Mylan i can say it has great culture. Anyone can work in Mylan it has that much friendly environment. Great people great culture lot learned. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to work with you.
An interesting place to work
Review Chemist (Former Employee) –  MorgantownAugust 10, 2015
An interesting place to work. Good benefits package. The pay is nice. Co-workers are generally pleasant and willing to help you learn and advance.
Energetic, Unconventional Work Environment
Review Chemist Intern (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 16, 2015
Mylan is a company like no other. You feel like a part of one huge team working towards the single goal of providing access to high quality medicine to the world's 7 billion people. People are motivated and willing to teach and help each other.
Pros
room for advancement, competitive pay, beautiful facilities, benefits
Great place to get a start in the pharmaceutical industry
Senior Review Chemist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 28, 2015
Overall the company is fast paced and a good place to get a great introduction into the industry. Great co-workers and great benefits.
I enjoyed it immensely
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMay 31, 2016
It was a fantastic work experience and I wish I could have worked there full time. The environment was fast paced and allowed me to grow as an engineering individual.
Sr,System admin
Sr. System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2016
Management team provides required support, excellent team members. Amazing feature of this company is for testing and building. Over all good working culture.
Pros
Linux Admin
Cons
IT