myoscience is a growing medical device company located in Silicon Valley. Our team is revolutionizing treatment for Pain and Aesthetics with our patented Focused Cold Therapy ™.
We describe ourselves as dedicated individuals, who value each other’s contributions and are committed to greatness. The people in our team know how to stretch their imaginations to deliver innovation; they take a unique approach to the way they do business: out of the box thinkers.
“The only place success comes before work is the dictionary.”
As the Senior Accountant, you will manage full-charge G/L Accounting activities including the following: Prepare journal entries for key GL Accounts including Cash, Payroll, Prepaid, Deferred Rents, Fixed Assets key G/L accounts, bank reconciliation including USD and multi-currency accounts, maintain sub-ledgers including key accounts in assets, and liabilities, and ensure sub-ledger details tie to G/L accounts. You will manage Accounts Receivables and “Order to Cash” procedures, be responsible for duplicating “Order to Cash” transactions from HealthLink’s ERP systems to SAP and ensure both systems are in sync. Additionally, you will work with manufacturing to develop and monitor manufacturing accounting; and ensure that inventory valuation is accurately stated and reconciled and develop, implement and maintain SAP Business One accounting system and project accounting. You are to ensure accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations. You will also develop test plans for procedures/controls and work to establish sox compliance, and assist and support PwC annual financial audit and Federal / State Tax audits and various audits.
As the ideal candidates, you will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
• Strong attention to details. We need to know where the money is!
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
• Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• A mix of large company and startup experience is preferred.
• A proven ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
“Our incomes are like our shoes; if too small, they gall and pinch us; but if too large, they cause us to stumble and to trip”
• You’ll need to count quickly and be accurate
• You’ll need to like numbers and people because you’re working on a team.
• All work and no play is dull. The Accounting’s team works hard at quarter-end.
• We have a wicked sense of humor
• We're innovative and flexible
• We are risk-takers and not afraid to make mistakes, because that is how we learn!
Our office is located in a state of the art campus with a free gym, spa facility, athletic fields, organic café and a beautiful park on the shores of Redwood City.
We offer a comprehensive benefit packet designed to support your ability to meet goals and maintain work/life balance. Our compensation philosophy is designed to reward the achievement of challenging objectives. Challenging objectives? Yes, but we promise the results and the journey are going to be worth it! – less