Mystic Lake Casino Hotel

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel Employer Reviews

I enjoyed what it did with analysis of jobs and pay.
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: bad treatment by owners.
Analysis of jobs.
Comparable pay.
Became a CCP.
Had a great boss.
Found those who owned the business difficult to deal with at times.
Enjoyed working with review software, and creating cost analysis spreadsheets.
The best company I've ever worked for!
VIP Coordinator/Club Mystic Representative (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits, fun work environment, ability to go far!
Cons: work on weekends and holidays
I do not understand the other reviews on here. I worked at Mystic Lake for about 3 years before I relocated to a different state, and now I am trying to move back because of this company.

I loved the people I worked with, and the benefits are the best anyone could hope for. Contrary to what others are saying, promotions are very obtainable as long as you're willing to work hard and uphold their core values: guest service! Since it is a 24/7 business, you will work holidays and weekends, but they reward you with great benefits, paid time off, and the joy if working for a company that has proven success!

I would highly recommend working at Mystic Lake if you enjoy a fun, fast paced work environment...if guest service is your skill, you WILL go far, as long as you work hard and keep a smile on your face :)
fan work place
enviromental servises (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNSeptember 22, 2013
good work place and gamming serving people and ilike to work with differnt people and serving people and communicating with diifernt kind of people
Good company with great benefits
Hotel housemen/housekeeping (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNMay 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: distance
A job were I really never mined coming to work and give my all. Co-workers seemed a little less enthusiastic than myself but getting along with them I would say was the easiest part so I enjoyed the team and the hardest part was driving to and from Minneapolis to prior lake everyday.
Don't plan on working here long term
Black Jack Dealer (Former Employee), Gaming floorJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free pop in the break room, no brainer job
Cons: bully type poor management, harrasment of women and minorities, no worker rights, smoking and unhealthy workplace
As a BlackJack Dealer the job can be fun at times if you are people oriented. You do also put up with endless smoke in your face, swearing and occasionally being spit at by the customers. The management "team" will not stand behind you, as the bottom line is the dollar and management is not trained to do much of anything, and is generally uneducated and wouldn't get in the door at most companies. I was harrassed as a woman by management and when I complained I was fired. I also witnesed harassement of gays and minorities. There is nothing you can do about it as you have no worker rights. The casino pays minimum wage and most of the wages are in tips that most dealers feel the casino takes a portion of before they give back as there is no accounting of them. There are health benefits etc. but if you get sick long term ie: cancer, MS etc. you will be fired in order to keep their premiums down just when you need it most. If you need a short term job to put yourself thru college etc. the wages are decent and it is easy to train in (which you pay for, and they make money off of also). Do not complain at all and expect to get sick way more often with all the dirty customers and germs at your face.The hours are awful, and there are no paid holidays etc. Do not take this job seriously, do not eat the food and consider it just a step to a real job and you will be fine. It is better than no job, but not much.
Micromanagement
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNSeptember 25, 2012
No advancement potential. Long hours are expected. Management is unsophisticated.
Like no other place I worked, and that's not a good thing.
Dual Rate Dealer (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNAugust 6, 2012
Pros: regular work, decent pay, fair benefits
Cons: heavy handed management, smoking environment, angry guests
Working in the table games department was not pleasant. Management gets to their spots by pure politics. Rarely do the best people for the jobs get them. This leads to a culture of supervisors who take their jobs too seriously. That isn't to say they are all like that. But the bad ones will put a serious hitch in your step. At the bottom rung of the ladder in this department there is also a pervasive feeling that complainers get fired. This leaves dealers and floors with the feeling that there is little recourse to address any issues. On average I recieved threats of violence once every three months from guests or fellow employees. One manager threatened (be it sarcastically) to kill me in the parking lot. Guests frequently swear at, glare at, or threaten employees. Usually these episodes are resolved by what is more important to management, the employee or the dollar. 99 times out of 100 it is the latter. Part time employees are hired on under the guise of working weekends and holidays only, but then have their schedules changed on a whim. Leading to more friction. And let us not forget that the gaming floor is one of the few remaining smoking environments in the state.

January 5, 2013

As an employee this review is spot on. Rather dangerous place to work. As a woman, you do not feel safe from the guests or from management.

It fun place to work at.
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free games.
Cons: short breaks.
I looked forward going there and working for them everyday.
It is fun and interesting place to work at.
IT department is in constant turnover
Supervisor for QAand Release Coordinator (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNJune 14, 2012
Pros: quick build up of vacation
Cons: low pay, no holidays
The area I worked in IT is newer for the company and has had bad turnover. I was the 3 or 4 Supervisor in 2 yrs. Both of my QA reports were new, the prior ones left the company.
The Director of IT is the 4 one in 2 years also.
The old staff is very resistant to the processes we were trying to introduce, Change Management and formal testing.
24 hour work enviroment that challenges you
Client Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2012
Pros: great place to learn and evolve
Cons: bad compensation when compared to other businesses
IT is very broad and a lot of us perform a jack of all trades type of IT. SCCM to Cisco to writing scripts to closet patching to software development and new business ideas can all be done by one person. Compensation can be lower than others but job security is high and most people who work there enjoy the fast pace work that is at Mystic Lake.