Mystic Lake Casino Hotel Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJune 1, 2017
very fast paced work. got to meet and talk to a wide verity of people and here where they came from. very friendly place to work. Reasonable hours and everyone is whiling to help you if you needed help with something.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
sjort breaks
Good Place to work
Slot Operations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNApril 27, 2017
Mystic Lake provides a good benefit package and is employee friendly. Tip positions can make a decent amount of money. Must understand that Casinos usually require working weekends and holidays until you are senior, which can take decades.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Holidays
Best place to work in the South Metro
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNApril 4, 2017
Mystic Lake is the tourist attraction of the Southwest Metro area and I was so happy to be a part of it! Only thing that sucks about Mystic is you are required to work every evening, weekend, and holiday.
Compensaton analyst.
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 22, 2017
Advised on salaries on a daily bases, did projection of costs for adjustments to a type of job, provide current data as requested, write job descriptions, and meet with mangers, directors, and board members to explain compensation activities being considered in compensation.
Pros
Great Boss, close to home
Cons
Board meetings
Nice coworkers
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 5, 2017
But it's a big company. Yeah they can always afford new stuff but management can be annoying depending on who you are or who your manager is.
Pros
Free lunches on Holidays
Cons
Depends on department
It is a great place to work. My co workers are like family
Hotel Houseman (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Well i come to work go to the manager office get my radio and key to the rooms. Check to see if there are any rooms out. Than i get my linen cart and strip all the rooms i am told i have to
Pros
Great benefits healthcare weekly pay job security
Cons
No holidays off
Loved it wish I still worked there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNDecember 16, 2016
I loved working here I really wished I still worked here. Work days were very well and it was a great environment. I got lots of hours and paid well.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Accomodating
Cons
Physically straining
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 23, 2016
Fun place to work at, however the management is terrible. I would highly recommend finding somewhere else to work at if you plan on having any sort of life whatsoever.
Pros
fun group of employees
Cons
no work life balance
Work life at Mystic Lake.
Ice Porter (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 19, 2016
Typically, when I hear about Mystic Lake from people who used to work there, I don't hear a lot of good. Granted, these people and I work different jobs but nonetheless, I disagree with them. Mystic has treated me well since I've first started. It's taught me how to deal with an upset guest, how to multi-task, talk to people, time management, and so much more.

How my day would start is a walk through with the previous porter to make sure everything is ok and I'm not walking into anything unpleasant. After that, I wait for my manager to give me bar keys so I can begin work on the bars. While waiting, I work on the self serves, fill the restaurants with ice, check the pop, and clean. Once I get keys, I begin to work on the bars by filling them with ice, placing mats, and cutting fruit. Then, I begin a ice run by filling buckets with ice and going self serve to self serve, filling them with ice. Then, at the end of my day, I go for a walk through with the next shift's porter.
Pros
Employee cafeteria, fun and exciting work place, overtime, great pay, benefits
Cons
Some managers are arrogant, when asked to do extra, it's often asked at the wrong time
very noisy and smokey work place
Janitoral Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MN 55372February 22, 2016
Walk the Casino floor overseeing my surrounding, check on my team and continually working on guess services as the guest are the #1 priority.
Professional and fun
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 19, 2016
Working at Mystic is a great experience. You do meet a lot of new people that you work with and our guest. It also is a great learning experience that you learn from every coworker that works with you and from management .
Pros
Meeting new people
Horrible work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 4, 2016
Management played the favorites game. Granted it is a Native American establishment, so Native American employees were treated as golden children who could do no wrong, no matter how poor their work ethic was, or how badly the mistreated other workers. Also, everyone dreaded walking into work. It closely resembled walking into occupied Germany, 1942. If someone even thought you looked at them the wrong way, you're in HR, and you'll get fired. If someone hears something, and takes offense, they can totally twist your words, into something you never said, or didn't mean. The supervisors say they have your back in a decision you'll make on the casino floor, but when the guest requests to talk to the supervisor, the supervisor will bend the rules for the guest.
you are asked to do way to much for each position.
ENTERTAINMENT TECHNICAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 9, 2015
If they would watch there spending in other areas they would not need to cut there most valuable assets being there staff. The do to many promotions that have little to no return on them when this is not what is driving people to this casino.
Pros
good benefits, a lot of pto, competative pay
Cons
no job security, they can let you go for no reason at all and will, you often get pulled in many different directions by many different directors and Vice Presidents
Great place to work if looking for a wide variety
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNDecember 18, 2014
I enjoyed working at Mystic down in the spa because nothing was the same each day. One thing that was not so great was the points system which if you got too many points you could be fired. You would earn 1 point if you clocked in 1 minute late, 12 points was termination.
I enjoyed what it did with analysis of jobs and pay.
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJuly 16, 2014
Analysis of jobs.
Comparable pay.
Became a CCP.
Had a great boss.
Found those who owned the business difficult to deal with at times.
Enjoyed working with review software, and creating cost analysis spreadsheets.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Bad treatment by owners.
The best company I've ever worked for!
VIP Coordinator/Club Mystic Representative (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNOctober 30, 2013
I do not understand the other reviews on here. I worked at Mystic Lake for about 3 years before I relocated to a different state, and now I am trying to move back because of this company.

I loved the people I worked with, and the benefits are the best anyone could hope for. Contrary to what others are saying, promotions are very obtainable as long as you're willing to work hard and uphold their core values: guest service! Since it is a 24/7 business, you will work holidays and weekends, but they reward you with great benefits, paid time off, and the joy if working for a company that has proven success!

I would highly recommend working at Mystic Lake if you enjoy a fun, fast paced work environment...if guest service is your skill, you WILL go far, as long as you work hard and keep a smile on your face :)
Pros
GREAT benefits, fun work environment, ability to go far!
Cons
Work on weekends and holidays
fan work place
enviromental servises (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNSeptember 22, 2013
good work place and gamming serving people and ilike to work with differnt people and serving people and communicating with diifernt kind of people
Good company with great benefits
Hotel housemen/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 15, 2013
A job were I really never mined coming to work and give my all. Co-workers seemed a little less enthusiastic than myself but getting along with them I would say was the easiest part so I enjoyed the team and the hardest part was driving to and from Minneapolis to prior lake everyday.
benefits
Cons
distance
Don't plan on working here long term
Black Jack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Gaming floorJanuary 4, 2013
As a BlackJack Dealer the job can be fun at times if you are people oriented. You do also put up with endless smoke in your face, swearing and occasionally being spit at by the customers. The management "team" will not stand behind you, as the bottom line is the dollar and management is not trained to do much of anything, and is generally uneducated and wouldn't get in the door at most companies. I was harrassed as a woman by management and when I complained I was fired. I also witnesed harassement of gays and minorities. There is nothing you can do about it as you have no worker rights. The casino pays minimum wage and most of the wages are in tips that most dealers feel the casino takes a portion of before they give back as there is no accounting of them. There are health benefits etc. but if you get sick long term ie: cancer, MS etc. you will be fired in order to keep their premiums down just when you need it most. If you need a short term job to put yourself thru college etc. the wages are decent and it is easy to train in (which you pay for, and they make money off of also). Do not complain at all and expect to get sick way more often with all the dirty customers and germs at your face.The hours are awful, and there are no paid holidays etc. Do not take this job seriously, do not eat the food and consider it just a step to a real job and you will be fine. It is better than no job, but not much.
Pros
free pop in the break room, no brainer job
Cons
bully type poor management, harrasment of women and minorities, no worker rights, smoking and unhealthy workplace
Micromanagement
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNSeptember 25, 2012
No advancement potential. Long hours are expected. Management is unsophisticated.