Mystic Lake Casino Employee Reviews

fun people, bad management
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNSeptember 19, 2017
I got no help from my supervisors when I needed it. my equal refused to help me learn my job as well. Management was not understanding about life issues or compassionate at all.
Pros
ok cafeteria
Cons
management
a joyful and fun workplace at Mystic Lake Casino
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 11, 2017
A regular day at mystic casino is not bad. it's kind of slow paced but as long as you keep yourself busy maintaining and cleaning the day goes by fast.The workplace culture is very versatile Mystic Lake Casino pros is entertainment they have a lot of events MMA fighting, Comedy shows, and Concerts to entertain and please the people.
Pros
benefits and nice pay
Cons
the hours and the distance
MYtic lake
Steward (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 6, 2017
What I like the most is working and getting the job done. Most like how the job pays you a good amount of money and how they work together to get the job done
In an actor with the guess
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 30, 2017
It's a good experience Nice rooms they're not hard to Clean it'a quick pace you'll have 14 to 12 checkouts a lot of walking is a nice big Hotel what I don't like is the smoking
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
Two 15 minute break
great work environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNAugust 15, 2017
A busy work day consists of plenty too do as you would walk around the casino floor and dispose of the ash in the glass trays and proceed too dispose of the ash. Why you might ask the floor stays busy while they are entertained you would have too be pleasant and kind.
Pros
free food
Cons
Very busy space
strict rules in customer service which make the company work excellent
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNAugust 8, 2017
I really enjoyed my job for 5 years until they put in the point system. 1 min late: 3 points and it take 60 days (I think) to remove a point. 12 and you are let go..People come to work here and would travel from other cities. We wore classy uniforms that they would clean for us. % off other dry cleaning. We had continued training all the time and paid meetings. It is like a little city down under the place and the food was excellent the cost was very low.
One of the rules is you can not tell others what your rate of pay was. They had their reasons for this. Every year we would get a raise in pay. One year it was only a penny. the whole place was in a uproar and there was nothing we can do. Everything on camera security is everywhere. We were not allowed to discuss our raise so it was muffled unless we wanted to risk losing our job. That day a cook came out to the employee parking lot just yelling his discus at it. It would of been different if we got a memo saying we had a rough year or something. but no word came. we were rated by our performance and that said we all sucked.
Pros
dry clean uniforms, low cost food. happy people, free parking and shuttle service
Cons
we had to be happy, there are cameras everywhere even in the break rooms.
Only a temp job do not not think you are making a career here your not!
Hospitality Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNAugust 3, 2017
Your benefits only work if you use it on Smsc Gaming property if you go inside network some places expect to pay a little more when it comes to medical. Outside network expect to pay a lot. You will never be able to get ahead unless you quit. Your supervisor or boss have a bad day they take out on you and it will effect the whole staff no matter what department you work in. The more you make the more the government takes you are working for peanuts practically. This is good only if you here temporarily do not make it a life career here or you will be very unhappy you was warned.
You can't gamble or spend time with your family there like stay in the hotel room.
You can go to events but that's about it if you gamble you will get fired.
Pros
Discount lunches.
Cons
If the higher ups are unhappy it will trickle down to the line staff.
overall on what i currently do
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJuly 31, 2017
Patrol casino and hotel areas to monitor areas for criminal incidents.
Assist with cash drops to gambling areas to maintain safety of delivery.
Patrol casino events and festivals to maintain crowd control and behavior
Review credentials of guests which will allow entrance to the casino.
Detain and remove guests who are underage or banned from the premises.
Assist with medical emergencies, notify medical staff, ambulance (if needed) and provide assistance as needed to clear emergency situation.
Great company to work for.
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJuly 10, 2017
My day started with receiving of food trucks, UPS FedEx shipments, receiving of shipments into Great Plains System, Eatec System, daily delivery of food to our outlets, stocking of food into our freezers, coolers, ripening coolers, managing a 6-8 staff. Mystic provided learning of Microsoft, Excel, Power Point and other office learning. I enjoyed working for Mystic and it's a great company to work for.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJune 16, 2017
amazing regular guests that always call you by your name and ask how you are doing and maybe even know a little bit about you and vice versa about them
Easy opportunity to get into. Organized company. Great diverse coworkers.
Floor Supervisor/Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day at work depends very much on which shift you are on. There are three shifts a day. Day, swing, and graveyard. You show up promptly, get ready,get your pit assignments and go up to your designated area. Plenty of breaks throughout the shift. You definitely learn accuracy and maintaining the direct chain of supervisors to fix any errors. Great people to work with. Hours are not for everyone.
Pros
abundant breaks, good benefit structure
Cons
Working every holiday. It takes a while to attain full time status.
Fun and energetic workplace
Slot Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNFebruary 13, 2017
There are many wonderful things to be said about Mystic. They provide great health benefits. They pay their Slot Specialists a decent rate, with tips. They have a fun atmosphere where you can here live music. You get to provide service to guests who are winning large sums of money and may tip well.

The negative side of this job is that it can be difficult to get time off. You have a very set schedule which most often does not include weekends off unless you have seniority. You are not guaranteed Holidays off, it is one for certain each year. You are working in a very smokey environment. It can also be a very loud environment with very angry people.
Pros
Great heatlh benefits, live music, great tips, lots of exercise due to constant movement, happy people who are winning, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Smokey, loud, angry customers, one holiday off for sure, probably work weekends, no talking to coworkers while on the floor.
Good pay with flexible hours
Assist guest (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed the people that I worked with because they are friendly and helpful. The management team was helpful at assisting regarding issues that you may encounter as far as payouts and procedures that makes it enjoyable and exciting. Although the hours are flexible, there are times that working the night shift can be challenging but overall the pay makes up for it.
great job
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 31, 2017
great staff good food good convos great jobs and you meet a lot of people as the days get long but the people make it feel like you can stay there all day its a great job
It's a job
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 5, 2017
I don't mind the work. Once trained you are pretty much on your own to complete your tasks for the day. I don't like however the line ups that we have to have at the end of the shift. We are treated more like children than adults. Benefits are good but getting a PTO day is like pulling teeth. Due to turnover rates are asked to work overtime and if not enough volunteers than you can be picked for mandatory overtime. Attendance points are a joke just due to not all departments follow the rules. Hard to get a day off unless it is a family emergency. Best way to get time off is build up attendance points so you have a 3 day suspension.
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Treated as a child at line up, Putting up with rude customers, The ability to get PTO unless you sign up way in advance, Attendance points given even for family emergencies.
Busy, rewarding place to work
VIP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 14, 2016
Mystic Lake is a great place to work. Room for advancement and all team members are treated well. They have excellent benefits. Feels like family there and excellent training is provided where needed.
Very innovative and open to change. Mystic Lake Casino is a fast pace working environment that I really enjoyed working for.
server (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 13, 2016
Mystic Lake Casino is a great place to work. I learned how to become very knowledgable in guest service. It is a very bust place with people from all different cultures. I enjoyed going to work every day, because of the employees that I got to work with. I miss this job, but I know that there are other jobs out there that can offer the same experience. In order to be a server at the Mystic Lake Casino, you have to be fast and efficient. I was able to turn tables over quick and provide great guest service.
Pros
Fun working environment, equality between employees, and great management.
Excellent Company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNOctober 28, 2016
Great pay and benefits. To much management and not enough trust.

Learned different ways to confront people, check identifications, check in trucks and trailers, do incident reports.

Worked in many areas of the casino and hotel.

Helped save lives.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Co-workers are fun
Club Mystic Representative (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 19, 2016
If you'd like to have a life outside of work with someone beside who you work with, good luck, it's really hard. Management has a tendency to have 'favorites' and if you are not one, don't plan on moving up at all.
Pros
Employee lounge/restaurant is great!
Cons
No regard for personal life
EVS Department extremely disfunctional
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJuly 18, 2016
Management has a great deal of room for improvement in the EVS Dept. Co-supervisors were extremely protective of their jobs with a great deal of fear that inviting a new person in may result in being replaced. The hardest part of my job is working with a management team that is inept and very close minded to exploring options. Te most enjoyable part of the job was training and coaching staff to implement new processes to complete their job more efficently
Benefits
Cons
No personal life