Mystic Lake Employee Reviews in United States

not the best place
cook2-lead cook (Current Employee) –  Meadows Bar and GrillOctober 17, 2015
Mystic Lake is great place for benefits and job security, but not much rood to advance. Worked for Mystic for 14 years now and can't seem advance any more.
Managing and maintaining work place
Supervisor Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNOctober 11, 2015
When getting to work I get my paperwork ready for the day. Check in with front desk to make sure guests are being attended to in a timely manner. Go back to the housekeeping section to make sure everyone has proper cleaning supplies to start their day. Afterwards I have to do 135 (Bedbug) check on at least 2 rooms per day, after housekeepers are done cleaning their rooms I go in after them and inspect and grade them. Towards the end of the day I do 2 performance notes on team member good or bad for recognition. Shut down all room approximately 84-100 rooms per section. collect keys from housekeepers mark them off for the day and everyone is free to go.
Pros
Making sure guest recieve the best experience at Mystic Lake Hotel
run away
hotel (Former Employee) –  prior lake mnJuly 23, 2015
Just don't even bother working here.

Unless you would like to be belittled, used treated porrly and just utterly worked to death...

Horrible place to work, horrible for your health and horrible people to be around.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the entire place
Its a fairly good place to work.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJune 8, 2015
Most positions don't pay very well, but you can aways switch positions fairly easily.
Most of the HR actually cares about the problems the employees have.
Not a nice work environment
Casino Floor Server (Former Employee) –  Prior LakeJune 6, 2015
Working as a floor cocktail server was horrible.
They only give you about a weeks worth of training. My coworkers were very unprofessional, and not helpful at all. when asked for additional assistance with ordering drinks, I was belittled and treated poorly. Walking around in heels was agonizing if you're not used to it. The work uniform was very degrading, with
catcalls
Pros
great benefits
Cons
degrading uniform, not enough training, unprofessional work environment
Disappointing place to work
professional (Former Employee) –  Prior LakeDecember 19, 2014
A typical day was in the office on the computer.
Management was by bullying and disrespect,
Unprofessional atmosphere with foul language, fraternization between employees and management common, yelling, and belittling was near daily,
Cons
long hours, nights, and weekends
Mystic Lake is a fun place to work. Enjoyed it very much.
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at Mystic Lake as a blackjack dealer. I learned how to deal, gain confidence in my skills and learned how to work with others.The most enjoyable part is you become a part of a family with the other dealers and employee at Mystic and learn how you can help each other. The friends I made there have lasted and will always be the best part of the job. Working with the guest at Mystic Lake is a unique experience that can only be achieved by working in a casino atmosphere. I would very much like to work at Mystic again as a blackjack dealer.
Pros
learning the skills that it takes to become a good dealer.
Cons
i really don't have any cons. a job is a job there is no perfect one.
Productive and fun work environment
Spa & Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 9, 2014
Typically I come in a couple evenings a week to help break whoever is working the closing shift. I check in any spa appointments, take payment, clean up the spa when it is empty and take care of the keeping the pool deck tidy and free of too much water.

So far it's just been getting me back into the habit of using computers at work, scheduling appointments and answering phones.

I love my co-workers, they are all friendly and willing to help me learn.

I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with management as it doesn't always seem that certain members are interested in being team players so much as expecting us to figure out all problems on our own.

The most enjoyable part is the atmosphere. I love meeting new people and getting to know my co-workers all while learning new things.
Pros
employee appreciation events. discounts at resturants and in the spa.
Cons
not enough hours. can't stay in the hotel or use the pool.
Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 27, 2014
I started work day at 7:45am I had to get all the cleaning supplies ready. Then I had to clean 10-14 rooms a day with a 30 minute break. The hardest thing for me to do every day was make all those beds. The thing I liked about the job was that I got half off my childcare.
A fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 18, 2012
We started the day with a morning meeting to let us know what's going on for the day or the week. I learned that being a housekeeper at Mystic Lake you need to be a fast worker. My co-workers and management was good and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was pushing the housekeeping cart up and down the hallway. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have your own select that you worked.
Pros
big tips
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mystic Lake. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8