N2 Publishing Employee Reviews in United States

N2 Publishing / A little bit of heaven
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 30, 2016
Great Company. Organized, supportive in every aspect of the business. Structure is well thought out and the field support is unparalleled in any business I have ever been involved in.

Product they produce is fantastic and Residents and sponsors love the layout and content within.

Great Business model and controlled growth.
Pros
Create your own hours with plenty of support from N2, Great rewards for hard work and perseverance, Able to spend time with my family and friends, Feels like I have found my home with this great business model
Cons
Getting started can be a little overwhelming at times.
Why I Love N2
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJune 24, 2016
Coming from a corporate experience in which I was traveling 15 nights a month, I was looking for something where I could match my management salary and bonus in Pharma. I found it at N2. Also, I was looking to become more established and connected in my community. In corporate sales life, we were always on the next city and never really developed community roots. My kids are still young and now I'm able to be a part of their normal daily routine.
Pros
Community Involvement, Quality of life, Great product, Uncapped earning potential, Great company culture, Company vision, Exponential growth, Leadership opportunity, Challenging work, Teamwork among peers
Cons
Any inherent cons of being a 1099, However, I will trade benefits for an uncapped sales environment.
Terrible Company
Customer (Former Employee) –  EveryoneJune 22, 2016
The service provided by N2 publishing is non-existent. Just try to call and get any type of service and see for yourself. This may be the worst company of all time.
Pros
Cons
Don't even think about it.
Great Culture and Good People
Freelance Editor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed my time at N2 but felt that it was time for me to make a career move. I don't think that there was anywhere else for me to advance within the company without becoming an area director. There was also not any opportunity for a pay increase and I felt there should have been, especially after two years.
The Best of Life Work Balance
Area Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2016
(I went to N2 training in October of 2013 and process my first deadline on March 20, 3014 with a 2nd month commission over $5300. Since then, the publication has grown to over $15,000 a month. I moved into the position of Market Director in January of 2015 working with the team in San Antonio and recruiting/hiring/training new Area Directors.)

The culture at N2 is unsurpassed in my experience at many different companies over my career. The level at which individuals at high levels actively walk the talk everyday, in each and every decision is rarely seen in the corporate workplace. The company's top executives do not waver in their integrity and genuine concern for the employees. They work very hard and expect the same in return.
Pros
Working at N2 has brought, for the first time in my career, the opportunity to truly balance my personal life and my work, while at the same time providing me with the opportunity to get back what I put in to my work, My activity is specifically and quantifiably related to my success, I work more, I succeed more, I control my own future and I own that success quite literally as well, through equity & ownership of my business.
Cons
To succeed at N2, one must be able to learn something new and work very hard, N2 has perfected what they do, they've been doing it very successfully for a long time, It's proven, If you can accept that and are willing to follow their successful model, you can succeed, If you think you have a better way of doing it, this might not be the right job for you, It's not the right fit for everyone.
Terrible atmosphere
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 17, 2016
I was brought in as a photographer and was compensated with a free small ad. The job was described to as low key so I decided to try it. The women I had to work with were extremely high maintenance and made sure to take credit for my hard work while talking negatively to clients about my business. The job required so much more than what the small ad was worth. I have a great client base already and this is definitely not the type of publicity I had in mind when joining n2. Also, they wanted me to adhere to a deadline and could not adhere to one themselves which gave me very little time to accomplish what was asked.
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment
Supportive Atmosphere
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 14, 2016
N2 was a very supportive environment to work in. If you needed help at any time there was someone there always willing to lend a hand or give advise (as long as you reached out). If you are willing to put in the time, and hard work you will either succeed or at the very least learn a great deal about yourself.
Pros
Uncapped earnings, positive environment
Cons
Pure Commission
A job you can work around your own schedule
Publisher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2016
This is a good side job, its mainly to stay organized and to communicate well. You are able to do your work on your own time.
Great company with solid senior management
Publisher for Ranch Living Magazine (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CADecember 15, 2015
It is like owning your own business. You have to work hard to succeed but the opportunity is there.

Cold calling is probably the hardest part of the job but the rest is all fun!
Wonderful Thriving Company
Editor of Indian Hills Living Publication (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 9, 2015
Success with N2 Publishing relies on 1 main aspect: you will get out of it what you put into it. No one is there to baby you; you make all of your own decisions. You OWN your OWN business. The support you get from your peers is absolutely phenomenal and there is always a lot of people in the company willing to go above and beyond to help you on your journey to becoming an Area Director or becoming a better student/employee in general.
N2 Publishing - An Incredible Opportunity
Area Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
N2 has been an incredible opportunity for me. The potential is limitless and flexible. I'd recommend it to anyone willing who is willing to work hard, who likes connecting people and community building. It is not an easy job - but the benefits are definitely worth it. The company is truly one of integrity and faith.
Pros
Flexible schedule, compensation earned based on effort and hard work, and fun day to day work with local businesses and communities, we operate as independent, contracted business owners and get out of it what we put in.
Cons
There is a steep learning curve for anyone who has not worked in publishing or sales, but anyone who wants to work hard and study the business, can be very successful.
Company is a scam
Marketing and Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2015
May have been a good company but once the owners decided they needed to keep up with the competition, there was a huge gap between what was promised and what was given. On going training and support ( 1/2 a week) was given by a seasoned college, which in reality was an house competitor. I lost 2 accounts to my mentor.
Pros
What I learned about a number of other industries
Cons
Poor management, incomplete business plans and quality of magazines going down due to unplanned volume
Best Career Move Ever!
Area Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 28, 2015
After spending over 20 years in "Corporate America", my main goal with this career change was to find a position where the rewards would match the efforts I put in, and to operate within a positive working environment. N2 has given me so much more than that.

I am the type of person who likes to work hard, and play hard and I just knew there had to be a way to balance that and not be held captive to traditional corporate standards including limited vacation/flex time, invisible caps on my income potential, and management that doesn't understand positive coaching strategies. My desire is to be able to spend more time on the causes and people important to me, travel more, and still have a viable business to tend to that would provide sustainable financial growth to do these things.

In this short 7 months, I am already earning a sustainable income with unlimited potential, I am able to flex my time a little and create a terrific balance between work and play, and I know that my business is going to grow and succeed directly proportionate to the efforts I am putting forth in it.

N2 provides a very clear path to exactly this lifestyle and has terrific support along the way in every aspect of the business. If you are considering a career with N2, and are the type of person that knows there is no magic bullet, however is willing to work hard to build an incredible business that will provide a deeply rewarding lifestyle, then N2 may be for you.
Pros
Unlimited Income Potential, The N2 Culture is that of positive and consistent progress
Cons
There is a substantial "sweat equity" investment on the front end of this career, it is not for everyone, but the rewards are incredible once past the initial time and energy investment
Think twice before joining
area manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Although there is a great potential, the income that can be generated is limited by the size of the publication and competition in the area,
Print advertising is a difficult thing to sell in any economy, but right now it is tough. If your moving from a minimum wage job then thats one thing but if your use to 6 figures keep looking.
Pros
Good organization and management
Cons
no income in first 4-5 months, limited income
N2 Review
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DeMarch 30, 2015
It has been a blessing working for such a caring and motivating company. N2 does everything in its power to ensure the success of all and their genuine concern for all employees is a breath of fresh air.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Unlimited earning potential, Great product, Awesome philosophy/mission statement
Cons
It was hard starting up.
Working for N2 is a work in progress as I have not had the job longer than a month yet.
Independent contractor (Client Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2015
I just started working for N2 Publishing this month and so far I have learned quite a bit. The people are very informative and provide you with all materials you should need. It's also great being able to work from home.
"Life Changing!"
Area Director (Current Employee) –  clermont, flJanuary 27, 2015
Before my wife and I came to N2 we were both restaurant executives working thankless hours that seemed never-ending. We dreamed of starting a family and enjoying a normal life that only seem possible by winning the lotto. We found N2 through a friend and it has been nothing short of life-changing. At first we were just hoping for my wife to be able to make enough money to leave her job and be able to stay home if we had a baby. Within 6 months I was able to quit my job as well and join our N2 team ramping up a second community! We now have all the time we need to be with family and have the life we always dreamed of!
Pros
working form home, working for yourself, spending time with family
Cons
ramp-up is very hard but rewarding
Wonderful workplace with flexibility and valued leaders
AREA DIRECTOR/PUBLISHER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 12, 2015
N2 Publishing is the right fit for those dedicated professionals who want to work hard, aren't afraid of cold calling and able to work within a commission structure. The leaders are invaluable and very supportive.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of benefits
Perfect job setting for any Graphic Artist
Artist/Ad Designer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at N2 Publishing consisted mostly of ad creations, revisions, and provided ad preparations.

I learned many skills while working with the publication company. One program I became very familiar with was Pit Stop. Pit Stop was mostly used as a quick look/quick preparation tool for ads already provided by the client.

Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Skills were mastered, and managers were very patient in teaching us the key tools needed in ad design.

The hardest part of the job was time management. It was often very difficult to know how long or how short a time I should spend on a single ad.

The culture and workplace mood is the most enjoyable part of the N2 Publishing experience. Everyone seems so happy and relaxed to be working in such a productive environment.
N2 Publishing - An Amazing Experience
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 19, 2014
I went to training on April 1 and went to my first conference a month later in May. In the beginning, everything seemed a little overwhelming. There was so much to learn! I quickly found out that it was all in my head. N2 lays all of the training out so clearly and there are so many people who can answer any questions.

Everyone is so welcoming and extremely helpful. It's great to know that every person in N2 has been through the training and has "been there" before. If I had a question about anything, there was always someone who could help and offer advice. Knowing this, made training and getting to print easier.

Although we work alone, we are never far from another AD. Many team members are on a group text and everyone is on email. They are all quick to offer encouraging words or help.

From the first day of training, it was obvious how easy it is to reach upper management. They clearly care for every single person and welcome you both in person and through email.
Pros
i love all of the people, there is not one person who i would not want to hang out with, everyone is always willing to lend a hand and offer help in any way possible, the earning potential is not only incredible, it is also attainable

4.2