N2 Publishing Employee Reviews

N2 Publishing
Article Writer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 18, 2017
I've been working with them for over a year and they're absolutely fantastic and flexible. It's very easy to work around a college schedule and the workers are always understanding and pleasant. It's not amazing money as an article writer, but it's certainly worth the time that you'll spend. I'd suggest this as a secondary job or hobby if you're writing.
Best Place to Work
Area Director/SR. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 6, 2017
I have been able to provide for my family in a way that I could have only dreamed about. They provide a lot of computer training and sales training.
Love my job
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 1, 2016
On every level, N2 has been a very positive experience. Beginning with the interview process and training, you are provided with every tool needed to be successful in this very rewarding business. It is evident that the leadership and support staff are very capable and willing to guide you through to building up a business you can take pride in. I look forward to meeting and building relationships with businesses in my community daily and also take great pride in connecting with with residents within my neighborhood. I love my job.
Pros
A plan of action is provided, motivation and encouragement from a talented leadership, easily accessible training tools, goal setting and trackable results, good vibes and a positive work environment.
Cons
None that I can think of
Amazing
Area Director Candidate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2016
This company is seriously fantastic. Ramp up is challenging and requires you to work very hard (cold calls) without making any money. You have to make a certain amount of sales before you can go to print, so you have to really work hard to stay motivated and keep going. You set your own schedule and work for yourself, so you have to be a self-starter. Once in print, you can decide for yourself how much profit you'd like to be making, which can motivate you to stay on the ball and sell, sell, sell, or you can be in maintenance mode and not work as hard as you did in ramp up. Either way, this is a fantastic job for someone who isn't afraid of cold calling.
Misclassification of their publishers!!!
Sales Publisher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2016
Here is the deal;its simple. N2 publishing must change the status of their 1099 Publishers. This is crazy!!How could any of these people be considered "Independent contractors". We get direct deposit for crying out loud. Both Best Version Media and N2pub.com are in direct violation of "misclassifying their publishers as ICs!!! Both companies have a combined 1,150 sales people that are creating so much tax exposure for both Best Version Media and N2Publishing that it is nightmarish!!! You have to be a moron to see that both companies will fail the economic realities test!!....
Pros
great culture
Cons
Poor legal advice!!
My Greatest adventure yet!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2016
Working at N2 has been, the absolute best opportunity, I have ever had. I was in education for 17 years as a teacher, instructional specialist, and principal. I was ready to move on where I could make money according to the hours and dedication, I put into people and the organization. I was always told I had a position where I made a difference in the lives of students, teachers, parents and staff. Well, I have now turned my experience and knowledge of bringing people together as a team to educate students, into my lifetime adventure at N2. I now teach and train on how to be part of a community and build trust with people that sometimes are scared to put trust and their money into businesses that serve them. I am a bridge into an affluent community that businesses can cross to gain valuable clients and in return those businesses reap the benefits. I help bring together and build communities, just like I did in education, but now I am making a difference, not only in the lives I educate (business and communities), but in my own family’s lives where, I can give my family that financial security that was missing in the public education world!
Pros
Team work, training, financial rewards, owning your own business, friendship, and trust.
Financially and Family Friendly
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 26, 2016
I've always wanted to own and run my own show but never had the capital or guts to take that risk. N2 provided me with the chance to live that dream. After a year of working with N2 I'm: making more than I ever have, love my job, experience very little stress and have a lot more time with my family. I also have the opportunity to help the community and businesses in a lot of different ways. We promote charity, community and family every month. Providing uplifting news and events to our community, helps to counter the sometimes scary and unpredictable world that we experience everywhere else. My job security is now based on my own efforts and not on a corporation.
Pros
Ability to promote the positive, Working on my schedule, Making wealth that lasts, Working with fantastic people within N2 and the community, Having time again to volunteer to help worthy causes, Having a company I'm proud of
Cons
To not having found it sooner
If its too good to be true...
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2016
I wasn't going to write a review at first and reached out to the founder and management about my concerns. Needless to say they didn't even bother responding with an email. I worked, like a dog, for 2 years for N2 and made the company and that "Area Director" I took the magazine over from A LOT of money. My first year I generated around 28K for the "AD" while I made 4K total and I made N2 even more than that.

At the end these Christian people who said they cared more about me than anything gave me a 5 minute phone call and let me go because they felt the magazine wasn't doing as good as they wanted it to. Understand now that they took NO risk, you will take the risk for them but in the end they will own everything and you will have nothing to stand on if they want to pick up and leave.

They own the contracts and will charge you for mistakes they make in the magazine and don't care at all how bad you are made to look locally. It will be your name in front of these businesses and in the community while N2 cashes the checks and drives you to work more and strive harder.

Looking back it seems more like a money cult than anything else. I definitely lost in this deal. I joined because of the owners "stated" beliefs and what I am taking away is that it is very easy to state a belief and a lot different to demonstrate one.
Pros
work for yourself
Cons
you will work a lot and actually make very little
Official response from N2 Publishing
February 2, 2017

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to respond to some of your concerns. Even though you no longer work with us, we would like to take every effort possible to leave on good terms with you and explain a little bit more about who we are.

As for your concern that you worked hard and N2 reaped all the benefit, we'd like to show you that isn't true. In this position, Area Directos have the ability to put in work and directly affect their income, and that is a huge pro for most of the people who work with us. Now, N2 does keep 15% of all sales to use as working capital for building the company, but this is actually a very small percentage. Many other companies keep a much higher percent of sales but we do try our hardest to set the opportunity up in such a way that it works well for those who work well with the program.

We're disappointed that you feel your experience with us was negative. That is certainly not our goal. N2 is a company that cares about people: whether they're people who work with us or people who don't. We certainly feel that's palpable from the way we treat people in and outside of the company, and we welcome you to do some more research and see if that's true. That being said, we do realize that our first responsibility is to our own people. That's why we hold three conferences annually, weekly sales calls, weekly calls for emotional support, and trained leaders to walk beside our team. Truly, our entire business exists to help our Area Directors succeed and reach their own goals, and we hope that, in time, you can see you experience with N2 as positive. We  more... wish you all the best.  less

Dream Job
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 5, 2016
I absolutely love working for N2. I am 24 years old and living a lifestyle that people can only dream of. The flexibility that N2 offers is nearly impossible to find and I am making more income than I could have ever imagined.
Pros
Lots of people to turn to if you need help, you just need to reach out, Pay is good, Resident and business success stories, It's great knowing the residents really value what we do, and great to see businesses reap the benefits of a partnership
Cons
Sometimes being the boss isn't always as cracked up as what it seems, but I will take that con any day over the pros that this job provides!
So lucky I have this job!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 23, 2016
I found this opportunity on the LinkedIn website. So lucky that I pursued it. In all my years in marketing, I have never found a product that so micro-targets an affluent, socially active clientele who can appreciate and afford products and services. In addition to calling on interesting business owners, I am creating a very special product for my neighborhood.
It is a creative source to connect neighbors in a fun, informative, and personal way.
I have met and become colleagues of some of the most supportive and nicest folks with whom I have ever worked. It is a win-win for me and an opportunity to make a very good living while enjoying my work and benefitting many.
Pros
nice, supportive co-workers, tons of support and encouragement, fun way to be your own business, lucrative commissions, a way to benefit others
Cons
long hours to get through ramp up, but worth it
Good Company to work for
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 22, 2016
If you are very motivated and don't mind cold calls you will do well with N2 publishing. You work from home so you need to be very driven and willing to work hard.
Look forward to coming to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 22, 2016
I have been with N2 for almost 4 years and despite a virtual explosion of reach and revenue, the company has stayed true to its goals to take care of employees by providing a unique cultural experience and the opportunity for financial and personal growth. I spent many years working for not-for-profits and what I really appreciated about them was the passion for "the cause" that the people involved provided. N2's culture and methodologies naturally attract passionate people. Not only do I have the benefits of working with great people but I can work with them in the context of a dynamic yet stable business. Put simply - we work hard, we're nice to each other (and genuinely like each other) and we do the right thing.

Function over flash is a motto of N2 and I appreciate that my day does not include pomp and posturing. Our office is laid back and you're just as likely to see someone's dog visiting as you are a cook-off or game of inner-office laser tag. Look closer and you'll see heads bowed together over a project, triumphant high fives from a big problem-solving session or a class on public speaking.

N2 cares about me. It cares that I am making sound financial decisions and that I'm healthy. It cares that I'm constantly learning to be a better person, leader, listener and coworker.. It cares that I don't take work home with me. N2 cares that I am happy and fulfilled in my personal life. N2 cares about my success and it will care about yours too!
Pros
The company culture, no dress code, remote work days
Exciting, Challenging, and Fun Place to Work!
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 12, 2016
Culture is at the core of our values. N2 strives to hire great people and provides opportunities for these individuals to succeed. Because culture is key, and because we hire such great/talented people, it is undeniable that we have an exciting fun place to work.

N2 does an incredible job with "on the job" training to get you ready for the next step or the next level of your career. N2 aims to hire from within whenever possible. This is SO rewarding not only personally but also to see your coworkers advancing their careers and having a direct hand in the success of N2.

I am so grateful I am apart of the N2 family!!
Pros
Opportunities, Leaders, People, Flexibility, & Time Off
Cons
If you are a person who struggles with change, this is NOT the place for you!
Exciting company with so much growth potential
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 3, 2016
After being with N2 for three months, I can confidently state the following:
- The culture is like no other I have experienced. Colleagues are welcoming, supportive, approachable, hard working, and open to collaboration and debate. This is true at every level.
- There is a lot of growth, and with so much potential, this is a great time to join company and be a part of it.
- Work/life balance is insisted upon. As is working hard and being a team player.
- Because of growth, roles and responsibilities can often be changed to address the needs of the company.
- The benefits are good - not the best I've ever seen, from the medical standpoint, but good.
Pros
Positive environment, collaboration encouraged, full of over-achievers
Growing company with good leaders
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2016
Good experience overall. Definitely a great company to be with if you have a busy personal life because you're able to set your own schedule. Room for growth and unlimited income potential.
N2 Publishing / A little bit of heaven
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 30, 2016
Great Company. Organized, supportive in every aspect of the business. Structure is well thought out and the field support is unparalleled in any business I have ever been involved in.

Product they produce is fantastic and Residents and sponsors love the layout and content within.

Great Business model and controlled growth.
Pros
Create your own hours with plenty of support from N2, Great rewards for hard work and perseverance, Able to spend time with my family and friends, Feels like I have found my home with this great business model
Cons
Getting started can be a little overwhelming at times.
Why I Love N2
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJune 24, 2016
Coming from a corporate experience in which I was traveling 15 nights a month, I was looking for something where I could match my management salary and bonus in Pharma. I found it at N2. Also, I was looking to become more established and connected in my community. In corporate sales life, we were always on the next city and never really developed community roots. My kids are still young and now I'm able to be a part of their normal daily routine.
Pros
Community Involvement, Quality of life, Great product, Uncapped earning potential, Great company culture, Company vision, Exponential growth, Leadership opportunity, Challenging work, Teamwork among peers
Cons
Any inherent cons of being a 1099, However, I will trade benefits for an uncapped sales environment.
Terrible Company
Customer (Former Employee) –  EveryoneJune 22, 2016
The service provided by N2 publishing is non-existent. Just try to call and get any type of service and see for yourself. This may be the worst company of all time.
Pros
Cons
Don't even think about it.
Official response from N2 Publishing
February 2, 2017

We're here to help!! Please reach out to your sales representative directly. They'll be your best point of contact as they're the one most familiar with you business and local market. We're here to help as much as possible.

Great Culture and Good People
Freelance Editor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed my time at N2 but felt that it was time for me to make a career move. I don't think that there was anywhere else for me to advance within the company without becoming an area director. There was also not any opportunity for a pay increase and I felt there should have been, especially after two years.
The Best of Life Work Balance
Area Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2016
(I went to N2 training in October of 2013 and process my first deadline on March 20, 3014 with a 2nd month commission over $5300. Since then, the publication has grown to over $15,000 a month. I moved into the position of Market Director in January of 2015 working with the team in San Antonio and recruiting/hiring/training new Area Directors.)

The culture at N2 is unsurpassed in my experience at many different companies over my career. The level at which individuals at high levels actively walk the talk everyday, in each and every decision is rarely seen in the corporate workplace. The company's top executives do not waver in their integrity and genuine concern for the employees. They work very hard and expect the same in return.
Pros
Working at N2 has brought, for the first time in my career, the opportunity to truly balance my personal life and my work, while at the same time providing me with the opportunity to get back what I put in to my work, My activity is specifically and quantifiably related to my success, I work more, I succeed more, I control my own future and I own that success quite literally as well, through equity & ownership of my business.
Cons
To succeed at N2, one must be able to learn something new and work very hard, N2 has perfected what they do, they've been doing it very successfully for a long time, It's proven, If you can accept that and are willing to follow their successful model, you can succeed, If you think you have a better way of doing it, this might not be the right job for you, It's not the right fit for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at N2 Publishing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2