N2 Publishing

N2 Publishing United States Employee Reviews

Working for N2 is a work in progress as I have not had the job longer than a month yet.
Independent contractor (Client Coordinator) (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2015
I just started working for N2 Publishing this month and so far I have learned quite a bit. The people are very informative and provide you with all materials you should need. It's also great being able to work from home.
"Life Changing!"
Area Director (Current Employee), clermont, flJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working form home, working for yourself, spending time with family
Cons: ramp-up is very hard but rewarding
Before my wife and I came to N2 we were both restaurant executives working thankless hours that seemed never-ending. We dreamed of starting a family and enjoying a normal life that only seem possible by winning the lotto. We found N2 through a friend and it has been nothing short of life-changing. At first we were just hoping for my wife to be able to make enough money to leave her job and be able to stay home if we had a baby. Within 6 months I was able to quit my job as well and join our N2 team ramping up a second community! We now have all the time we need to be with family and have the life we always dreamed of!
Wonderful workplace with flexibility and valued leaders
AREA DIRECTOR/PUBLISHER (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of benefits
N2 Publishing is the right fit for those dedicated professionals who want to work hard, aren't afraid of cold calling and able to work within a commission structure. The leaders are invaluable and very supportive.
Perfect job setting for any Graphic Artist
Artist/Ad Designer (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at N2 Publishing consisted mostly of ad creations, revisions, and provided ad preparations.

I learned many skills while working with the publication company. One program I became very familiar with was Pit Stop. Pit Stop was mostly used as a quick look/quick preparation tool for ads already provided by the client.

Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Skills were mastered, and managers were very patient in teaching us the key tools needed in ad design.

The hardest part of the job was time management. It was often very difficult to know how long or how short a time I should spend on a single ad.

The culture and workplace mood is the most enjoyable part of the N2 Publishing experience. Everyone seems so happy and relaxed to be working in such a productive environment.
N2 Publishing - An Amazing Experience
Area Director (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: i love all of the people, there is not one person who i would not want to hang out with, everyone is always willing to lend a hand and offer help in any way possible, the earning potential is not only incredible, it is also attainable
I went to training on April 1 and went to my first conference a month later in May. In the beginning, everything seemed a little overwhelming. There was so much to learn! I quickly found out that it was all in my head. N2 lays all of the training out so clearly and there are so many people who can answer any questions.

Everyone is so welcoming and extremely helpful. It's great to know that every person in N2 has been through the training and has "been there" before. If I had a question about anything, there was always someone who could help and offer advice. Knowing this, made training and getting to print easier.

Although we work alone, we are never far from another AD. Many team members are on a group text and everyone is on email. They are all quick to offer encouraging words or help.

From the first day of training, it was obvious how easy it is to reach upper management. They clearly care for every single person and welcome you both in person and through email.
Positive and Rewarding Experience
Area Sales Director (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: not micro managed, management support, income, great work environment, great values
Cons: haven't found any!
The whole experience has been an amazing journey with great support and teamwork. The company cherishes their employees and creates a very positive work environment. I have been very impressed with the upper management living up to their word and doing everything they can to help you succeed. This is hard work and very rewarding but you have to be self-motivated and disciplined with a great work ethic to succeed. It's great to be part of a growing and caring company that puts its people first. I am looking forward to many prosperous years with N2.
Great place to work, great people and great product
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 1, 2014
Fast growing company, with great leadership surrounded by wonderful people.
Helping Business Succeed
Area Director (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility, unlimited income potential, incredible leadership/founders that reinforce family and christ in their employees lives
Cons: this could be bad for someone that isn't a self-starter.
I love my job. I like seeing the business sponsors of my neighborhood publications grow their businesses because they are able to reach their targeted market in a very special way. Being a business owner I am able to set my schedule around my children and husband's schedule. I enjoy being a carpool mom, and taking over 7 weeks of vacation a year to spend time with my family.
The Place For Personal & Professional Growth
Area Director (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2014
Pros: outstanding product, consistency, superb leadership, flexibility, ownership, unlimited income potential, a program that works, a culture for growth & inspiration
Cons: it wasn’t easy getting past the learning curve.
My experience working at N2 has been great since the very beginning. I have grown professionally as well as personally over the past 3 years in a way that has changed the quality of my life. The leadership is real and genuine and authentic. They have given me the guidance and freedom to be the kind of business person I have always wanted to be. I have been able to reach many personal and professional goals. The flexibility of the position has also allowed me to be there for my family in a way that I could never be working in an office for someone else. N2 has opened up a whole new world for me and my family.
Sales Executive
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: great pay
Selling of Advertising ads which promotes barton living area and surrounding community
Great opportunity!
Area Director (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: n2 gives you all of the tools and training you need to succeed, but you have to apply yourself, it’s not a “show up and collect a check” job, you have to be disciplined and you have to work, earning potential in incredible, company culture is unlike any i have ever experienced, and they do what they say.
Cons: initial ramp up time without income can be a challenge if you don’t have funds to support yourself, this has changed somewhat because of cross selling into other publications, but you still need to plan accordingly.
N2 has a plug and play system that works. I've been in publishing for 30 years, N2 has everything in place: layout, production, printing, mailing and billing. The ongoing training and support is awesome.
Amazing Company Culture
Area Sales Director (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, in charge of your own income, ability to spend more time with your children, able to do a job you truly enjoy
Cons: no health benefits
I have had a great experience working with N2. It started off as a job, and I now consider them close friends and family. I have one publication in print for a year and a half, launching my second one, and am a publishing assist to several magazines across the country. I enjoy the positive mentors and team members that share my outlook on life in general, and their value on family.
Love this job and the people!
Area Director (Former Employee), Fernandina, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: superior coaching & leadership, flexibility, income potential
Cons: it gets easier the more i do it, but cold calling was hard in the beginning.
Working at N2 has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I love the connection that our program brings to communities. The training and support is phenomenal. I work hard and can play hard with my family because of the compensation and flexibility of my schedule.
Good potential, but not for many & sometimes lied to
Area Director (Former Employee), INJune 6, 2014
Pros: mostly set your own schedule, high steady income after going to print
Cons: no pay or compensation until you go to print, poor training, overhiring
If you have alot of money saved up (preferably retired or living off a spouse income) & have alot of good business contacts in your large city, this may be a good job for you. You get to make your own schedule for the most part, but there are many setbacks that may prevent you from being successful. I was lied to by telling me that if I worked hard, I could be earning a steady income in 10 weeks. That sounds good, but theres alot of factors that may prevent you from that depending on the city you're in. After working for a few months, I realized that it would take nearly a year or more without income to go to print because my territory had too many sales directors or previous sales directors that had called or met with most of the businesses in the area. It was basically a waste of my time & money.

Training/Support is very important to any job & thats where this is lacking now. They make you visit one of their training conferences (usually have to fly to) before starting where you have to pay for your own way there & hotel stay. They talk about how great the company is for one day & then spend the next couple days reading their training manual to you & sharing a few stories. Then you're handed a few sample books & a few training cd's & told to go do it. No field experience or anything. They have daily 30 minute "training" calls where the majority of them are spent talking about the great lifestyle that someone in print is leading now & how much they had to struggle to get there. Occasionally a call will contain some good training tips, but most of them feel like a waste of – more... time.

Some areas of the country are probably better than others (if you have a few experienced people around you that are willing to help train you & aren't just looking out for themselves). & occasionally they hire way too many area directors for your area so you end up just calling alot of the same businesses over & over & annoying them to the point where no one wants to meet with you because there's no tracking of activity between team members in the same city. & then when you do meet with businesses, the prices of the publication combined with the fact that only long term contracts are allowed make this a very hard sale (unless you know the business contact already) because they've never heard of you. It has the potential to be a good business, but they need to lower their prices a bit, allow a little shorter contract (6 months) to build trust first, & hire a trainer in each territory that will spend time with each new or struggling employee.

Oh & a typical week is make 50-150 cold calls to businesses & try to schedule appointments to meet with their owner for Tuesday-Friday. & usually there will be an hour long team meeting if your territory has enough employees where you discuss hot leads & what you could have done better on appointments – less
Important Details are left out up front
Area Director Candidate (Former Employee), AlabamaMay 31, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: no cost help, they are not honest
There are many aspects of this position that n2 doesn't tell you up front. They tell you from day 1 it is your business you own it until the week before publishing your newsletter then you must sign a contract such that they can even claim your cell phone number. They tell you it is a job you can work part-time but then that isn't totally true either. They actually wrote an email to me before going to print saying I was worth zero to them, and stated it three times. I had closed 25 contracts and was still working and they found out just what 0 looks like in this market. I refuse to associate with people who would tell a person "you're worth zero to us."
SO IN LOVE WITH N2!!!!
Area Director (Current Employee), Mercer Island, WAMay 9, 2014
Pros: i can set my own schedule, and i have complete control over how much money i make, i can use my creativity to help produce a truly high quality, amazing publication that the residents love, the most incredible training program i have ever experienced, and they continuously develop their team, i am constantly inspired, i can truly trust the leadership team, i can't remember ever thinking a company makes me want to be a better person, but this one truly does.
Cons: haven't found any yet.
I started working at N2 after working for myself in the SEO field. I wanted to get out there and talk to people again, instead of just sitting behind a computer writing SEO copy. I can honestly say this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am growing as a person, not just professionally. I am helping bring people together. I am helping businesses get in front of their target market. I am growing both spiritually and mentally. It's hard work but it is so gratifying.
An okay starter job
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), WilmingtonApril 6, 2014
Pros: Working from home every other day, flexible hours, socials and catered lunch once a month, two weeks paid time off around Christmas, monthly meetings that boost moral, recognition of hard workers, growth within the company, potential for advancement, co-workers are friendly.

Cons:
As a designer the work is not creatively challenging, the deadlines are extremely tight, and there is almost zero time for exploring good design. Working in the office can feel isolating because almost everyone stays at their desks. Currently no benefits, but they are working on getting health care/retirement in the future. Pay isn't the greatest especially when in the first 90 day period of being hired.

As a designer, if you don't really care that much about good design then you should definitely consider this job. But, if you are the kind of designer who's ambition in their career is to constantly learn, improve your skills, and create stunning work, then this job is not for you, and I grantee you will become frustrated with the way N2 designs their ads and publications.

Over all this is a really good job straight out of college for entry level designers without a lot of experience. Don't expect to be designing anything deserving of an ADDY or AIGA award. These definitely are not cutting edge design publications.
Finally have a Career
Area Director (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, unlimited income potential, time off when i choose, giving back to a community, feeling appreciated by my peers and leaders
Cons: i find myself working all the time, but i love it!
I came from very corporate environments and never worked in Sales before. It's been an incredible experience working with N2. It's such a blessing to have someone care and nurture me to the strong sales person that I am today. I can't say enough about how wonderful I think the training program is and I feel great about the work that I do in my communities. This has been a win for my residents, a win for my business partners, and a win for me and my family. I finally feel at peace with my work. I'm not worried that my job will be eliminated or if I'll get a raise because I control both of those factors. I'm at peace with my life and I finally feel like I have a career vs having a job.
My 7 Years with N2 Publishing
Area Sales Director (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: complte training, ongoing coaching, field training, cross selling, conferences
Cons: 4 to 8 week learning curve for new area directors
My results have been a direct reflection of my efforts. As I have strayed from the proven program, I have seen my results/performance decline. When I applied the program fully then I have seen my results increase dramatically. I have seen the same pattern at all the levels I have been involved with.
Solid company with incredible leadership!
Area Sales Director (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: flexibility, support, tools, training, leaders, income potential, i could go on and on.....
Cons: the only con is that you do not get paid while in ramp up; however, we are seeing a change in that too with all the cross selling into other publications. now, adc's have the opportunity to earn money while they are ramping up their own publications.
I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year. Everything is amazing and I’m so happy I am one of the people who have been experiencing financial freedom and job satisfaction. I love the flexibility, income potential, support from the management, etc.

1 2 3

About N2 Publishing

OUR MISSION & OBJECTIVE To build a nationwide company that honors God, strengthens the family, and creates financial wealth – Read more

N2 Publishing Salaries