N2 Publishing Employee Reviews

Great company with solid senior management
Publisher for Ranch Living Magazine (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Fe, CADecember 15, 2015
It is like owning your own business. You have to work hard to succeed but the opportunity is there.

Cold calling is probably the hardest part of the job but the rest is all fun!
Wonderful Thriving Company
Editor of Indian Hills Living Publication (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 9, 2015
Success with N2 Publishing relies on 1 main aspect: you will get out of it what you put into it. No one is there to baby you; you make all of your own decisions. You OWN your OWN business. The support you get from your peers is absolutely phenomenal and there is always a lot of people in the company willing to go above and beyond to help you on your journey to becoming an Area Director or becoming a better student/employee in general.
N2 Publishing - An Incredible Opportunity
Area Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
N2 has been an incredible opportunity for me. The potential is limitless and flexible. I'd recommend it to anyone willing who is willing to work hard, who likes connecting people and community building. It is not an easy job - but the benefits are definitely worth it. The company is truly one of integrity and faith.
Pros
Flexible schedule, compensation earned based on effort and hard work, and fun day to day work with local businesses and communities, we operate as independent, contracted business owners and get out of it what we put in.
Cons
There is a steep learning curve for anyone who has not worked in publishing or sales, but anyone who wants to work hard and study the business, can be very successful.
Company is a scam
Marketing and Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2015
May have been a good company but once the owners decided they needed to keep up with the competition, there was a huge gap between what was promised and what was given. On going training and support ( 1/2 a week) was given by a seasoned college, which in reality was an house competitor. I lost 2 accounts to my mentor.
Pros
What I learned about a number of other industries
Cons
Poor management, incomplete business plans and quality of magazines going down due to unplanned volume
Best Career Move Ever!
Area Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 28, 2015
After spending over 20 years in "Corporate America", my main goal with this career change was to find a position where the rewards would match the efforts I put in, and to operate within a positive working environment. N2 has given me so much more than that.

I am the type of person who likes to work hard, and play hard and I just knew there had to be a way to balance that and not be held captive to traditional corporate standards including limited vacation/flex time, invisible caps on my income potential, and management that doesn't understand positive coaching strategies. My desire is to be able to spend more time on the causes and people important to me, travel more, and still have a viable business to tend to that would provide sustainable financial growth to do these things.

In this short 7 months, I am already earning a sustainable income with unlimited potential, I am able to flex my time a little and create a terrific balance between work and play, and I know that my business is going to grow and succeed directly proportionate to the efforts I am putting forth in it.

N2 provides a very clear path to exactly this lifestyle and has terrific support along the way in every aspect of the business. If you are considering a career with N2, and are the type of person that knows there is no magic bullet, however is willing to work hard to build an incredible business that will provide a deeply rewarding lifestyle, then N2 may be for you.
Pros
Unlimited Income Potential, The N2 Culture is that of positive and consistent progress
Cons
There is a substantial "sweat equity" investment on the front end of this career, it is not for everyone, but the rewards are incredible once past the initial time and energy investment
Think twice before joining
area manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2015
Although there is a great potential, the income that can be generated is limited by the size of the publication and competition in the area,
Print advertising is a difficult thing to sell in any economy, but right now it is tough. If your moving from a minimum wage job then thats one thing but if your use to 6 figures keep looking.
Pros
Good organization and management
Cons
no income in first 4-5 months, limited income
N2 Review
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DeMarch 30, 2015
It has been a blessing working for such a caring and motivating company. N2 does everything in its power to ensure the success of all and their genuine concern for all employees is a breath of fresh air.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Unlimited earning potential, Great product, Awesome philosophy/mission statement
Cons
It was hard starting up.
Working for N2 is a work in progress as I have not had the job longer than a month yet.
Independent contractor (Client Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2015
I just started working for N2 Publishing this month and so far I have learned quite a bit. The people are very informative and provide you with all materials you should need. It's also great being able to work from home.
"Life Changing!"
Area Director (Current Employee) –  clermont, flJanuary 27, 2015
Before my wife and I came to N2 we were both restaurant executives working thankless hours that seemed never-ending. We dreamed of starting a family and enjoying a normal life that only seem possible by winning the lotto. We found N2 through a friend and it has been nothing short of life-changing. At first we were just hoping for my wife to be able to make enough money to leave her job and be able to stay home if we had a baby. Within 6 months I was able to quit my job as well and join our N2 team ramping up a second community! We now have all the time we need to be with family and have the life we always dreamed of!
Pros
working form home, working for yourself, spending time with family
Cons
ramp-up is very hard but rewarding
Wonderful workplace with flexibility and valued leaders
AREA DIRECTOR/PUBLISHER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 12, 2015
N2 Publishing is the right fit for those dedicated professionals who want to work hard, aren't afraid of cold calling and able to work within a commission structure. The leaders are invaluable and very supportive.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of benefits
Perfect job setting for any Graphic Artist
Artist/Ad Designer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at N2 Publishing consisted mostly of ad creations, revisions, and provided ad preparations.

I learned many skills while working with the publication company. One program I became very familiar with was Pit Stop. Pit Stop was mostly used as a quick look/quick preparation tool for ads already provided by the client.

Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Skills were mastered, and managers were very patient in teaching us the key tools needed in ad design.

The hardest part of the job was time management. It was often very difficult to know how long or how short a time I should spend on a single ad.

The culture and workplace mood is the most enjoyable part of the N2 Publishing experience. Everyone seems so happy and relaxed to be working in such a productive environment.
N2 Publishing - An Amazing Experience
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 19, 2014
I went to training on April 1 and went to my first conference a month later in May. In the beginning, everything seemed a little overwhelming. There was so much to learn! I quickly found out that it was all in my head. N2 lays all of the training out so clearly and there are so many people who can answer any questions.

Everyone is so welcoming and extremely helpful. It's great to know that every person in N2 has been through the training and has "been there" before. If I had a question about anything, there was always someone who could help and offer advice. Knowing this, made training and getting to print easier.

Although we work alone, we are never far from another AD. Many team members are on a group text and everyone is on email. They are all quick to offer encouraging words or help.

From the first day of training, it was obvious how easy it is to reach upper management. They clearly care for every single person and welcome you both in person and through email.
Pros
i love all of the people, there is not one person who i would not want to hang out with, everyone is always willing to lend a hand and offer help in any way possible, the earning potential is not only incredible, it is also attainable
Positive and Rewarding Experience
Area Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 22, 2014
The whole experience has been an amazing journey with great support and teamwork. The company cherishes their employees and creates a very positive work environment. I have been very impressed with the upper management living up to their word and doing everything they can to help you succeed. This is hard work and very rewarding but you have to be self-motivated and disciplined with a great work ethic to succeed. It's great to be part of a growing and caring company that puts its people first. I am looking forward to many prosperous years with N2.
Pros
not micro managed, management support, income, great work environment, great values
Cons
haven't found any!
Great place to work, great people and great product
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 1, 2014
Fast growing company, with great leadership surrounded by wonderful people.
Helping Business Succeed
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2014
I love my job. I like seeing the business sponsors of my neighborhood publications grow their businesses because they are able to reach their targeted market in a very special way. Being a business owner I am able to set my schedule around my children and husband's schedule. I enjoy being a carpool mom, and taking over 7 weeks of vacation a year to spend time with my family.
Pros
flexibility, unlimited income potential, incredible leadership/founders that reinforce family and christ in their employees lives
Cons
this could be bad for someone that isn't a self-starter.
The Place For Personal & Professional Growth
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2014
My experience working at N2 has been great since the very beginning. I have grown professionally as well as personally over the past 3 years in a way that has changed the quality of my life. The leadership is real and genuine and authentic. They have given me the guidance and freedom to be the kind of business person I have always wanted to be. I have been able to reach many personal and professional goals. The flexibility of the position has also allowed me to be there for my family in a way that I could never be working in an office for someone else. N2 has opened up a whole new world for me and my family.
Pros
outstanding product, consistency, superb leadership, flexibility, ownership, unlimited income potential, a program that works, a culture for growth & inspiration
Cons
it wasn’t easy getting past the learning curve.
Sales Executive
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2014
Selling of Advertising ads which promotes barton living area and surrounding community
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
great pay
Great opportunity!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2014
N2 has a plug and play system that works. I've been in publishing for 30 years, N2 has everything in place: layout, production, printing, mailing and billing. The ongoing training and support is awesome.
Pros
n2 gives you all of the tools and training you need to succeed, but you have to apply yourself, it’s not a “show up and collect a check” job, you have to be disciplined and you have to work, earning potential in incredible, company culture is unlike any i have ever experienced, and they do what they say.
Cons
initial ramp up time without income can be a challenge if you don’t have funds to support yourself, this has changed somewhat because of cross selling into other publications, but you still need to plan accordingly.
Amazing Company Culture
Area Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 24, 2014
I have had a great experience working with N2. It started off as a job, and I now consider them close friends and family. I have one publication in print for a year and a half, launching my second one, and am a publishing assist to several magazines across the country. I enjoy the positive mentors and team members that share my outlook on life in general, and their value on family.
Pros
flexible schedule, in charge of your own income, ability to spend more time with your children, able to do a job you truly enjoy
Cons
no health benefits
Love this job and the people!
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Fernandina, FLJune 10, 2014
Working at N2 has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I love the connection that our program brings to communities. The training and support is phenomenal. I work hard and can play hard with my family because of the compensation and flexibility of my schedule.
Pros
superior coaching & leadership, flexibility, income potential
Cons
it gets easier the more i do it, but cold calling was hard in the beginning.

4.3