N2 Publishing Employee Reviews

An Amazing Place to Work!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2017
Working as an Area Director for N2 Publishing requires hard work and dedication but it is the absolute best place to work! The culture and work/life balance is amazing!
N2 Publishing
Area Director (Current Employee) –  South Lyon, MINovember 16, 2017
N2 is a great company to work for. It is an outstanding option for people willing to work hard and put in the time and effort needed to be successful.
Pros
Great company to work for, you make your own schedule
Cons
Pay based on commission
A true challenge but rewarding opportunity
Area Director/Publisher (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 4, 2017
A combination of running your own business and building community. The magazine a publisher produces helps showcase individuals within the community. It's free to residents and provides local businesses a way to reach a captive audience.
good part-time job for awhile
Client Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Virginia & Maryland areasNovember 1, 2017
good part-time job especially for a person who enjoys chatting w/people -I am looking for something alittle more steady paced and with opportunity to make more money at times.......
Pros
no schedule or targets
Cons
own boss-sometimes a lttle discipline appreciated.....
Review
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 17, 2017
N2 publishing is a great company for Area Directors but as an independent contractor with the back office areas it is rewarding but hard to control. I would recommend the company but not my specific role.
Scam Scam Scam
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2017
This by far was my worst career experience I have ever had. You have to pay your way to training in Chicago and they tell that you will all be making 6 figures in a short time. The training was horrible, and it was a just a bunch of clowns talking about how N2 made them so wealthy and such. Then the fun part comes. All you do is cold call, cold call, and cold call until you are blue in the face. You are supposed to make 15 appointments in a week. In a saturated market this is nearly impossible. Everybody in the company is calling and stepping on your toes. There are no assigned territories. The product is a joke. Some people make it, but only in a non-competitive market with few area directors.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
cold calling, horrible product, dishonesty
great work/life balance
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 20, 2017
Sales position that made me a lot of money for 5 years, but I am bored with doing sales and that's what your main job is as the business owner...you can't really find someone else to do that for you and be as successful.
great remote job
Content Coordinator and Editor (Current Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 11, 2017
I work from home as a content coordinator and editor for two N2 publications. Love the flexibility, but the pay is not as high as I feel I am worth. I do as much work as my AD, but she gets all the money and pays me pennies.
Why N2 is a Fantastic Company
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 23, 2017
Prior to my career at N2 I worked for 10 years at a very large international corporation. You might say that where I worked was the personification of “Corporate America.” I was promoted through the ranks and worked on the management team, so I had a very good understanding of the culture within the organization. I understood well what it took to get ahead within that framework.

From the moment that I began my training with N2, I knew immediately that this was a unique and vastly different company than my previous employer. The management teams are all very humble, self-effacing, supportive and enthusiastic. N2 stresses a work-life balance and puts as much emphasis on working hard to achieve business success as they put on working hard to achieve interpersonal family life success, which stands in stark contrast to my previous experience in Corporate America. Everyone I've encountered at N2 has been very supportive and kind. I truly believe N2 wants me to be an amazing success as much as I do. The company gives you a solid business plan and all the support and tools you need to become successful. One simply needs to bring their faith, hard work, determination, a degree of self-awareness, and the rest will fall naturally into place.
Pros
Supportive management team, all the business tools necessary to succeed are provided, values equally the importance of achieving success at work and at home
Cons
Being independent, you are managing your own business
sales and marketing professional
Area Director/Owner Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 31, 2017
I am a seasoned sales and marketing professional with over 25 years experience of management marketing sales ownership. I have experience in management and sales in fortune 500 business.
Pros
work independantly
Cons
healthcare
Entrepreneur's Dream
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2017
I have a very passionate entrepreneurial spirit and have found N2 to be everything I could ask for as a young business leader. Established business model and systems, great core values and leadership, and incredible compensation.

After a year in the business I can say that everything that was promised has been delivered... including the hardest work of my life!
Pros
Flexibility, Core values and leadership, Compensation, Explosive growth
Cons
Flexibility
Great First Job
Resident Writer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 24, 2017
I worked here as a resident writer, not directly on the management team, but it was a very rewarding experience. The pay was very good, and not at all stressful.
Area Director - bad idea
Area Director (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 20, 2017
Go with your gut on this one, if your thinking about going to training for being an "AD". The company likes to micro manage, over promise.

Every week you will have one on one calls and they will feel more like interview calls, and finding out what your doing. Some of the people are great, but overall it feels like a pyramid scheme. Not sure if this company will stand the test of time, as hardly ANY companies that advertise with them renew.. That should be a red flag. Pricing is extremely high for what companies get, and they constantly want out of contracts because they get nothing from it.

I would highly recommend anyone thinking about joining to re-consider as you will be disappointed.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Where to I begin...
Great Company
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2017
Being an area director at N2 is very challenging but also very rewarding. As long as you are willing to work hard and do the right things you will succeed.
Pros
Felxabilty and company culture
Cons
Cold Calling businesses
Area Director Role
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
The N2 business model is excellent. The magazine is very high end and extremely well read by the residents. They absolutely love it! I have really enjoyed working with the entire team from the local Tampa team to the corporate support teams. The training is thorough, the support is excellent and if you are self-disciplined, and follow the program, you will be successful. There is nothing complicated about the business at all and conceptually, it is quite easy. But that does not mean you don't have to work very very hard. The rewards are certainly there, but you need to manage your time effectively. N2 recently launched a new program for publishers which provides a nice income while you are ramping up your publication. I think this will attract a higher level candidate who doesn't have to worry about an income prior to going to print. Fabulous opportunity to get out of the corporate world and working for yourself. It's really an incredible opportunity to run your own business with few downsides. If you have a great deal of integrity, are a good team player, are honest in your business dealings, you will work well in this company as they value these traits.
Pros
Great income opportunity, Good lifestyle choice for people that want flexibility in their work, Good variety, Never dull, Great team to work with and good leadership that cares about your success, Integrity reins here!
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times
Great if you are not in a support role.
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 12, 2017
The job started of great but the more and more you get acclimated, it seemed like the more and more work you did. It was extremely hard to have several account managers who were had different expectations for every little detail, and I mean little even to the point of hand written notes with your own handwriting. If you spelled "isn't" instead of "is not", it was a big deal. It is hard to constantly know who wants what and needs what. Every little thing you did was wrong or the program would constantly change to meet their needs. It was never expressed how this would help meet the support roles needs without putting several hours of work unpaid without recognition.
Pros
home/work life balance
Cons
high stress, micromanaged, lack of compensation or recognition
One of the best company cultures I have ever seen
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 5, 2017
My day is all about the phones. I talk to people all day long. But I always love to hear their stories and get to know them more. I feel like everyone here is all about making communities better. The transparency from the top down is second to none. I get up everyday and I am thankful to work for this company.
Pros
People
Build your own magazine from the ground up
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 2, 2017
This company does not employ you, Area Directors create their own territory, sell their accounts and create the magazine with very limited help from N2. If you have all the skills necessary to publish a magazine, sell advertising and write the content you're good to go providing you live in a large town,city and have a very wealthy neighbor to work with. Otherwise, you'll never make it.
Pros
being self-employed
Cons
no guarantees, no benefits, no paid vacation or sick days pay s low for amount of work required.
Challenging, great opportunity
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Working for N2 is a great opportunity for anyone that wants a great challenge and be your own boss. I did not complete the "ramp up" process due to the financial challenge of not making an income during the "ramp up" process.
Pros
The ability to be your own boss, not have to work for anyone but yourself
Cons
not making an income while getting enough clients to pay for the publication to break even
My N2 Review
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
I started as a part time Sales Executive in April 2013. I have loved the company, product and flexibility this job provides. After watching the growth of the company and seeing the financial opportunities of the Area Director position, I launched my magazine in January 2015. I feel my experience as an AE was key to my success in launching my magazine and being able to see the big picture through launch and beyond. The experience has also given me a clearer perspective of handling the down and challenging times...which there will be regardless of the level of success you have achieved.
Pros
Working for a fast growing, incredibly successful company that honors God and values family/work balance, The ability to own your own business and work flexible hours that fit your personal demands, The income opportunity, The opportunity to grow into leadership
Cons
For me personally, constantly challenging myself to continue to perform at high levels in sales, while balancing the remainder of the business, Although I have seen minimal effects thus far, I am seeing some growing pains as it relates to communication of information, understanding of policies and policy changes, and some concerns about the ad creation process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at N2 Publishing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4