NASDAQ OMX Employee Reviews in United States

Where Careers Go to Die
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2014
No one has ever said "I'm so glad I worked at Nasdaq." This company will destroy your career and your reputation. A typical day is spent staring at your computer and having zero human interaction. There is a hacker culture here, so if you aren't one of those childish mask-wearing Anonymous people, you won't fit in. They have no business or social sense. Having your work sabotaged by a coworker is considered weak and is your own fault (even if you aren't a programmer). This company has an expiration date. I can't wait to outlive it.
Pros
being forced to change careers
Cons
horrible people work here
Nasdaq
Sales Director, Corporate Services (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAAugust 24, 2014
A typical day at NASDAQ was like most full life cycle sales jobs. Make calls, send emails, do presentations and close business. I learned a great deal about how a Board of Directors functions. The need for technology in the space and how many industries have boards that they reports to.
Management was typically very hands off.
Co-workers were excellent at relationship management.
The hardest part of the job was getting the attention of the Relationship Managers for your specific product as there were many other internal products that they were responsible for.
The most enjoyable part was learning about a new market segment and addressing a need in that segment.
Pros
excellent technology
Cons
not being in headquarters did not allow for a lot of advancement.
The work was interesting and challenging.
Senior Systems Analyst, Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 18, 2014
The work was interesting and challenging, but the management was old guard and clueless. There is no job security and will get rid of an employee at a whim. HR is there to represent management only.
Client services, webcasting, account managing
Webcast Production Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2014
This job is great to build relationships with clients, and provide the service they are looking for with webcasting.
Great people Poor Managers
N/A (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 16, 2014
There are a lot of wonderful people here,a nd some very talented people, but there is also a lot of tolerance for poor leaders.
Great opportunities for individual contributors
Vice President of Global Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT - New York, NYDecember 5, 2013
Working in one of the fastest-paced Financial Marketplaces in the world is no place for the average 9-to-5'er. To succeed in this environment, you need to be a self-starter, stay cool under what can be extreme pressure, and be a firm believer in the days ends whenever it ends.
On the other hand, this is still a small company, where an individual that excels can be recognized (and rewarded) for their efforts, instead of lost in a myriad of large team efforts.
All-in-all, the stresses of the job tends to weed out employees that really aren't up for a challenge, distilling the company into a group of motivated folks that understand the difference between "going to work" and what it takes to make a company truly great.
Pros
great compensation, recognition for your contribution, opportunity for meaningful contribution
Cons
what's a break? high stress, long hours at times.
Overall Ok
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2013
Unprofessional work environment, Typical day was spent cold calling and emailing. Micromanaged.
Great work group and peer group
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2013
I have gained an invaluable amount knowledge and experience in the National Market System while working at Nasdaq. Nasdaq clearly illustrates what they expect out of their employees. I love my fellow analysts, manager, director and Chief Regulatory Officer like family members, we are a great working group and support each other for the benefit of our department.
Pros
great work group
Cons
no opportunities for vertical advancement within the company
Enjoyed working on this contract position. Nasdaq OMX is a great company.
Contract Position, Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAOctober 14, 2013
While completing 2nd QAs for this company, learned about websites and determining when to call the developer's attention to something that may not be working as expected

Creating templates that contributors to SharePoint could use and helping them use the guide to ensure the creation of various tables in their new or revised document..
Pros
no cafeteria so i brought my lunch, but free coffee, soda and water.
Cons
the rate didn't really fit the work expectations.
Professional and hard working atmosphere.
eSpeed Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
A typical day involves selling the eSpeed US Treasury trading platform to proprietary trading firms, hedge funds, and Broker / Dealers.
Professional and productive environment
PROCUREMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2013
A typical day at Nasdaq OMX includes but not limited:
•Using PeopleSoft converted all requisitions into purchase orders daily
•Created all product/goods requisitions for the procurement department
•Created blanket order purchase template
•Reconciled employee Amex P-Card and C-card accounts
•Received, reviewed and responded to email correspondences surrounding procurement issues such as requests to cancel a requisition/purchase order, rejected/held requisitions, request to enter or update a vendor, non-receipt of purchase orders, etc.
•Exported PeopleSoft reports to Excel for further analysis and organization
•Created and distributed Procurement department correspondences.
Cons
contracted position
Fun place
Managing Director, North American Buy Side Sales (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 4, 2013
Good opportunities to improve your career.
Loads of fun; creative colleagues.
Good work/ life balance.
Flexible work schedules - but driven, focused and professional.
Pros
culture
Cons
nothing really
The atmosphere is great and so are the people.
Data Center Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
My typical day is unpredictable, since many events happen everyday. I learned that my time management has improved drastically since I have been working with live productions. We are a small group, so we work very closely with management. My co-workers and I are a very tight group of 4 guys that run a very big operation. The hardest part of my job is my commute because I live far away. I enjoy the everyday challenges of the live production environment.
Very petetive but you learn alot about trading.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2012
Overall the company is great. Even though my role as the Systems Administrator is a back office role, I was able to learn concepts as stock trading and options trading to help me make educated decisions in a day trade extra-career after I retire. This I will take with me where ever I go.

Co workers are great team players but a bit competitive. You will need to exercise your politics skills to succeed in the company.

The hardest part of the job is the initial learning process but then it becomes easy as daily processes become repetitive.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
very competetive environment, very political; and you are not allowed to make extra money as a daytrader.
Poor senior management
unidentified (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2012
poor senior management and lack of development/growth opportunities.