6 month Temp-to-Perm Position
Based in Reston, VA with 90% travel to Equatorial Guinea, Africa required
Salary depends on experience (up to 90k)
Must have Sys Engineering, and QA experience
This is a hands-on position that will require the Quality Engineer Lead to provide direct support to the project in establishing, monitoring, and improving project elements that assure execution on commitments and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to be an effective team member and to perform: internal and external process audits, systems/software/hardware life cycle quality engineering activities, participation in the peer review of requirements, design, change specifications, plans and work is conducted against contractual and/or process requirements and standards; verification of requirements allocations, traceability, and testability, participation in testing activities, software/hardware/drawing inspections, hardware/software configuration management, defect tracking, PCAs/FCAs, conduct field inspections, maintenance and status of request for actions and corrective and preventive actions, review/inspect and signoff on deliverables, identify and implement process improvements, and maintain assurance of contract, through contract shredding and policy requirements including statutory and regulatory requirements. The candidate will also be responsible for evaluating contract related suppliers/subcontractors.
Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance. Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines. Leads audit and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits. Co-ordinates legal requests in support of government investigations or litigations. Ensures the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly. Facilitates uniform standards worldwide and enables best practice sharing, thereby fostering the achievement of company's mission globally.
Looking for a "hands-on" Quality Engineer:
- Must have BS degree in Engineering or applied science or related technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, civil) with 9 years related experience, or an MS with 7 years related experience or equivalent.
- Program Management or systems engineering experience supporting the full lifecycle of product development, systems integration and services
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of quality systems standard such as ISO and AS9100
- Experience with product development and integration methodologies and practices
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
- Demonstrated track record for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.