We have a new direct hire/perm opening located in Washington DC
Must be able to be on-call one week a month & will work the 3rd weekend a month Saturday 8pm-Sun 4am
Salary ~ 65-70k
Please apply if you have a minimum of four years working experience in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 environment
Under the general direction of the Manager, Data Center Applications, this individual is responsible for
administering the firm’s network file/print servers and directory services. Related duties include creating and removing network users and groups, assigning appropriate security and other attributes to objects,processing user and other object-related reports, loading authorized applications onto file servers, copying applications and application-related updates to all file\print servers and integrating applications for automated distribution.
- Create, test, disable, or delete user accounts and groups.
- Make sure that proper rights are assigned to users and groups.
- Manage file systems on all file servers within the firm’s Wide Area Network.
- Check server logs on a daily basis and inform the proper parties of any necessary actions that have
to be taken.
- Apply all necessary security patches, updates, and virus signatures.
- Manage network printing and scanning.
- Perform tier-2 user support functions.
- Coordinate with Application Owners and other groups/offices within the US LLP to ensure the proper
deployment, installation, operation, upgrade, or removal of server-based applications.
- Coordinate with the appropriate IT teams in the International LLP on tasks that involve crossdomain/
- Author procedural, descriptive and other types of documentation that may be required.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and
emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of four years working experience in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Familiarity with Wide/Local Area Networks and distributed computing environments.
- Hands-on experience with server hardware builds.
- Good knowledge of enterprise-class backup systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accurately follow documented procedures.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies as they are incorporated into the system.
- Experience in a multi-office law firm preferred.
- College degree preferred; experience may substitute for degree.
- Relevant certifications desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs of equipment unassisted.
Core Hours, Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with overtime hours as needed.