SEEKING "QUALIFIED" BOAT MATES AND DECK HAND CREW
1st Mates - 2nd Mates - Deck Hands
Candidates with the compassion, ability and interest to help families in time of grief with memorable, respectful and affordable sea burial events should apply.
We now have many vessels in our charter vessel inventory from Maine to Florida and are seeking qualified deck hands / event crew to help us grow our expanding Burial at sea business in the South Shore and greater New England Area.
Seeking qualified deck hands for summer 2013
Applicants are invited to apply if our credential request below can be met and exceeded.
Applicants are required to send resume and cover letter with complete contact info.
Credentials without complete contact info will not be responded to.
Position Requirements: Job Location: New England--Boston South Shore specific to start.
Position Type: Part-Time / On Call. Some travel.
- Assistance in the safe operating of a vessel 30-65' vessel
- Passenger welcome and safety review at all times.
- Enthusiasm & good energy with the desire to learn and to share ideas
- Excellent communication (written/oral), time management and leadership / management skills for all levels.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Problem solve with customer service. As necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Develop knowledge of procedures and implementation of same. Focusing on teamwork.
Requirements & Skills:
- Non Disclosure non compete agreement is required
- Neat & Clean uniformed appearance required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years at sea vessel experience
- Must submit to participate in random drug testing
- The most competitive candidates will have a valid 24/7 Drivers License with no OUI convictions in the last 10 years.
- Must be bondable.
- Multi- Lingual a plus.
- Send us your educational background and experience
- Ability to lift 40 lbs + on a regular basis.
- Special consideration given to veterans.
- Must have land line or cell phone and must have email access for scheduling.
- Ability to work "on call, part time hours" that can vary by season or event.
- Uniform allowance
- We are an equal opportunity employer. applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
HOURS Approximately 10-20 hours per week From May - August but could vary on a daily basis on an on call part time basis.
Compensation: Deck Hand hourly starting at a range of $10- $15 per hour based on skills and experience. (Typical events are 4 hours) and First Mates are paid $18- $25 per hour based on experience and credentials
OFFICE LOCATION: Marshfield Hills, MA. Departure Harbors: Scituate, Plymouth, Boston, Plum Island, Hyannis, Point Judith, RI and more.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS FOR"PART TIME" EMPLOYEES WHO CHOOSE TO STAY ON PAST THE SUMMER: Tuition Reimbursement for USCG Captain's license for those who qualify * employee discounts * free holiday turkey, working for a family-owned business that values its employees, local community and our larger community of Massachusetts * Paid Birthday personal day. Contributing and being part of an established and growing business.
Great opportunity and experience for college students.
For immediate consideration, qualified applicants should send letter of interest with requested documents listed above either Via return email to this posting
Or via US mail to
NEBAS, PO Box 489, Marshfield Hills, MA, 02051-0489
Thank you for your interest. We will get back to you either way within two days after receipt of your information.
Thanks for looking!