NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 33 locations in the United States and overseas, and the resources of more than 320 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network.
Selected by Interiors & Sources magazine as one of the five “Great Places to Work” and ranked among the “Top Giants” by Interior Design magazine, NELSON is always looking for people with skills, vision and character who can go beyond a job description to find new and innovative ways to contribute to our company's success. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, NELSON is the place for you. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.
We are seeking a mid-level Interior Designer in our Minneapolis, MN office. The designer will participate as a team member and help in project development and design issues, including creative and concept development and participate as required for all phases of projects meeting or exceeding the client’s business objectives; from programming, schematic design and design development, construction documents and furniture specification and to a limited extent oversight of design intent during CD and CA phase with a professional alignment of project schedule and budget. Collaborate with the Senior Designer and assist as appropriate on the regular and periodic NELSON Design Reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Interior Design or Architecture
- Revit software experience required; proficiency in AutoCAD software
- Experience with planning and construction document production.
- Proven client interaction skills
- Certificate or Registration of Interior Designer a plus.
- LEED AP accreditation a plus.
- Professional membership and active participation in Industry Associations ie. IIDA, ASID, and IFMA, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of programming, design and documentation processes (particularly space planning), procedures and standards
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the apply now link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.