NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 33 locations in the United States and overseas, and the resources of more than 320 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network.
Selected by Interiors & Sources magazine as one of the five “Great Places to Work” and ranked among the “Top Giants” by Interior Design magazine, NELSON is always looking for people with skills, vision and character who can go beyond a job description to find new and innovative ways to contribute to our company's success. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, NELSON is the place for you. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to work in Chicago, IL. The Project Architect will participate, as a member of the project team, in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as required
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standards libraries including CAD standards and procedures
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare architectural base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections
- Review both NELSON and consultant documents, conferring with the Senior Project Architect, and the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both NELSON project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents
- Prepare and issue addenda as required
- Establish and maintain the shop drawing/sample submission log during the construction phase
- Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Senior Project Architect, Project Manager, and Project Designer, as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Prepare and issue responses to contractor’s request for information
- Prepare and issue bulletin and change order documentation
- Participate in job site meetings and construction observation activities as required
- Participate in the punch list process
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and 4+ years’ experience in the Architecture profession.
- Experience with corporate facilities and/or law firms desired
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Architectural License and LEED AP accreditation preferred.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please list the job title and location in the subject line. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.