NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 33 locations in the United States and overseas, and the resources of more than 320 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network.
Selected by Interiors & Sources magazine as one of the five “Great Places to Work” and ranked among the “Top Giants” by Interior Design magazine, NELSON is always looking for people with skills, vision and character who can go beyond a job description to find new and innovative ways to contribute to our company's success. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, NELSON is the place for you. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.
We are currently seeking a Tactical Space Planner in San Antonio, TX. The Tactical Space Planner is responsible for space planning for all requested space changes and minor reconfigurations, as well as assisting with the implementation of strategic space efforts as initiated by the Client.
- Manage RFP process to develop standards
- Organize and provide direction to administrative help on creation of standards manual
- Ability to translate business requirements or strategic prototypical descriptions into concept sketches. Various levels of detail are required—but all of these are concept based—not shop drawings or cd type work
- Quick non product specific sketch in plan view
- Quick non product specific sketch in 3d
- Sketch with sufficient detail to turn over to design/implementation team; may need to reference specific of furniture or systems product and be accurately designated
- Sketch at level sufficient for installation drawings to be completed; detailed with notes that cad team or furniture dealer can create off of
- Sketch of sufficient detail to fully communicate intent to end users: visual representation of finishes, call out photos of furniture, etc
- Sketches-dimensioned and labeled for standards manual; need ability to import and scale from Autocad to PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3-5 years’ of related experience.
- Familiarity with furniture products and systems furniture lines; familiarity with Haworth race or ability to quickly understand
- BIM capability/revit or sketch up skills
- Project management skills including capability to develop schedules, contact vendor resources, ensure communication throughout team, follow up, etc. and problem solving skills to review and solve for how different product solutions will work together.
- AutoCAD and BIM/Revit capability
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Presentation skills: ability to prepare comparison matrices and develop well supported position paper, recommendation and summary PowerPoint
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing us your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please list the job title and location in the subject line. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.