The post holder shall report to the Enterprise Operations Manager for the Americas Region and will be responsible for providing on-site technical support to the NERA New York City office, global support via the NERA Help Desk, and participating in departmental projects.
Akin to the way the Consulting side of the business recruits uniquely qualified candidates, NERA Technology Services looks to hire people with a broad set of technical skills, have a history of delivering innovative and cost-effective IT solutions, and who at their core are passionate about technology and confident in their ability to tackle any challenge which is presented to them.
Normal work hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, 8 hours daily with 1 hour lunch break.
- Performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software associated with desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Provides technical support, training and guidance to end users.
- Participates in a Global Help Desk -- about 20 hours a week -- providing cradle-to-grave technical support on any number of technology issues for 500+ global employees.
- Must be able to work every 8th weekend providing on-call weekend support coverage on the Global Service Desk.
- Handles escalation of Help Desk requests for the New York City office.
- Administers user accounts and Exchange mailbox via Active Directory, Active Roles Server and/or other tools.
- Allocates project folder permissions to end users via Elite, Active Directory, and/or other tools.
- Assists in the administration of local and regional servers, switches, and phone systems.
- Assists in the configuration and maintenance of local and regional printers and multi-function devices.
- Assists in the setup and operation of audio visual hardware as required by end users.
- Facilitates network access for traveling users and on-site clients.
- Disconnects, moves and reconnects technology hardware for single user, multi-user and office moves.
- Coordinates hardware and software requests, orders items once approved and submits invoices for timely approval.
- Maintains software licensing and inventory of local IT assets including: desktops, laptops, peripherals and wireless devices.
- Participates in and may lead projects of significant importance to the firm employing as necessary the application of systems analysis techniques, researching technology options, and consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Build, document and develop training materials as needed to fulfill the project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related area
- 3+ years experience in a Global Support environment.
- Experience with maintaining a network computing environment, delegating tasks or responsibilities to coworkers and maintaining the timely completion of tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Windows-based networking environment and Microsoft office applications including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange environments.
- Strong understanding of remote connectivity issues, such as VPN, dial-up, and wireless networking, along with a solid understanding of Microsoft Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Connection.
- Experience configuring and supporting Windows based servers along with an understanding of server hardware and enterprise storage solutions.
- Proficient with Apple, Android, and BlackBerry mobile devices.
Skills and Attributes:
- A self motivated person.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Be customer service oriented.
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Flexible and accommodating to working overtime or off hours when necessary.
- Provide adequate notice for absence and/or tardiness.
- Ability to lift and move desktop and other related hardware.
- Frequent, local travel may be required depending on location.
- Occasional distant travel may be required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
For immediate consideration, please visit the Career section of our website (www.nera.com) and apply to the Technical Associate position by creating your personal profile and submitting your resume and cover letter. Only those applicants who complete their profile completely will be considered.
Indeed - 23 months ago
NERA Economic Consulting is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex...