Job Title: Field Service Engineer/Technician (Commission-Based)
Company: Nerds-We Can Fix That!
Pay: Commission-Based ($20 per billed hour for each job for clients); no salary/base salary; 65% of vendor work orders / jobs.
Nerds-We Can Fix That! is a franchise of Nerds To Your Rescue, Inc. We provide IT consulting as well as Computer / IT Services to Consumers and Businesses such as maintenance, optimization, and virus removal, but that’s not all.
We are looking for a full-time/part-time independent contractor to provide service to our residential and/or business customers and vendors.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues for computers and networks
- Filling out and managing invoices for the company and for your billing purposes to get paid
- Providing follow up phone calls after completing service to customer
- Ordering or picking up parts needed for the service call
- Keeping track of your own tax withholdings as you will be a 1099 independent contractor
- A+ Certification or 1+ years technical Help Desk with system support experience
- Comfortable in a start-up environment where available jobs are volatile – on average, 1-2 jobs a week and growing. Definitely great for side income
- Provide your own tools/equipment
- Local to the Houston, TX area
- Have own insurance coverage for Liability, Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions), etc for a Field Service Engineer/Technician
- Any other computer-related certification – PDI+, etc
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player
- Able to have flexible work schedule
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, some twisting and turning with equipment installs
- Must have a good, safe driving record