Division: Electric Operations
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Electric Operations Superintendent
Location: Service Center
Salary Band: 210
Pay Status: Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant provides technical, general accounting and office support to the Manager of Electric Operations and other division personnel.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist with integration of work order program. Monitor work flow into and out of Electric Department.
- Verify drawings from Electrical Engineering and route to supervisors for completion.
- Verify and process check requests and departmental invoices.
- Coordinate scheduling of city-wide banner locations. Maintain file for verification of general liability insurance. Process billing for banners.
- Create work orders for crews within the department.
- Process work orders in preparation for billing.
- Assist supervisors and lead lineman with equipment and materials entry in work order program.
- Maintain log of all scheduled projects. Provide customers information regarding timeline each project. Process all service orders.
- Handles correspondence within and outside of the division
- Use Microsoft Excel, Word, Calendar, and Outlook to produce memos, reports, and spreadsheets. Use Cityworks to track work order flow.
- Maintain filing system for the division.
- Maintain schedule of appointments and meetings for all division personnel, supervisors, and manager.
- Process billing statements for damage reports.
- Process requisitions for capital projects into HTE.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Process company Procurement card purchases.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous administrative assistant experience preferred
- Communication skills for dealing with internal and external customers
- Technology proficiency to learn and/or use various computer programs
- Valid Texas Driver’s License required to operate company vehicles
Environmental and/or Physical Demands
- Work is in general indoor office setting
- Physical requirements are those of a standard office environment
Required Behavioral Competencies
NBU employees are required to support the CORE VALUES of Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, and Respect for Others. Competencies associated with each include: (list is not all inclusive)
- Focuses on all aspects of safety policies and procedures
- Maintains an awareness of safety conditions for self and others
- Shows initiative-takes ownership of work, does what is needed without being asked, follows through adhering to practices and procedures
- Establishes priorities and multi-tasks so that assigned duties are completed under pressures of time constraints and deadlines.
- Adapts and responds well to change; manages pressure effectively and copes with setbacks and changes in priorities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills with peers, employees, superiors, and appropriate entities.
- Deals effectively with matters of a highly visible and confidential nature when applicable
- Keeps conversations on matters related to NBU business so as to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking; gets to the heart of complex problems/issues; applies own expertise effectively to meet personal work objectives
- Exhibits an openness to new ideas and experiences; seeks out learning opportunities; supports and drives organizational change
- Seeks opportunities for self development and career advancement
- Avoids the appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions, and communications.
- Goes out of the way to be helpful and pleasant to internal and external customers
- Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them; works effectively with individuals, groups, and customers via positive interpersonal skills.
- Maintains ability to deal with customers in a professional manner and to separate out any individual opinions, biases, or preferences which may hinder a good business decision for NBU
- Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards
Respect for Others:
- Presents a helpful, respectful, approachable, team oriented image at all times; builds strong working relationships and a positive work environment both within and across divisions.
- Demonstrates receptivity to new ideas and approaches and is flexible to accommodate any changes in priorities, circumstances or schedule.
- Demonstrates a receptive response to feedback, shows a willingness to learn