NFT is a rapidly growing family-owned business located in Golden, Colorado, and has been in business for over 25 years. NFT is a fully integrated systems and solutions provider to the nuclear, aerospace, and industrial markets, offering a number of products and services such as nuclear materials packaging, transportation and storage, high precision machining, engineering and systems integration. Please visit our website at www.nftinc.com.
We are currently seeking a Product Engineer to assist in managing, directing, and executing products and technical projects internal to NFT and external customers while conforming to NQA-1 Complete program requirements under the direction of NFT’s senior engineering staff. Helps manage the full life cycle (from conception to delivery) of product or technical projects while conforming to the NQA-1 Complete program. Supports and adjusts existing product lines as needed.
Basic Requirements (prerequisites for consideration) are:
- 4 year Engineering degree (mechanical, chemical, or industrial)
- 2-3 years of experience in the Engineering field
- Basic understanding of Data Acquisition Software
- Experience with CAD systems, AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office and MS Project experience
- Able to function in a NQA-1 environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 2-3 years in production, filter, or industrial setting
- SolidWorks modeling skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle all engineering documentation for production per NQA-1 procedures, including holding document review CRT meetings and document reviews, procurement dedication paperwork and validation.
- Production of engineering documents including drawings, material dedication plans, product specifications, reports, and engineering test specifications.
- Procurement of off-the-shelf and machined parts and assemblies in accordance with the appropriate quality level.
- Using 3D modeling in SolidWorks as necessary to develop and validate designs.
- Creating proposals for new projects. Understanding customers’ needs and requests.
- Analyzing new and existing designs through design reviews, engineering calculations, finite element analysis, and other required analysis methods.
- Test final product for compliance with key engineering design constraints and customer’s requirements.
- Troubleshooting during the building and manufacturing of a design in order to establish a correction path and plan.
- Interfacing with customers throughout the life-cycle to establish expectations and communicate key information establishing a trusting relationship.
- Executing a design, with adaptation as needed to provide the project to the customer within their design constraints and expectations.
- Adhering to a budget and schedule for each project.
- Perform modification and troubleshooting after delivery of a project.
- Acceptance test planning and testing.
- Support of field services as needed.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules, and regulations.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of ASME NQA-1 requirements as they apply to NFT products and design control.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of project management principals involved in coordinating and directing projects.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
For consideration, please send resume via:
- Email - subject line should read, "Indeed Posting – Product Engineer” or
- Fax to 303-987-2277
NFT offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Wage depends on experience.
It is the on-going policy and practice of NFT to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of or consideration for employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or veteran status. EEOE.