NIBCO is seeking a Group Leader for 2nd or 3rd shift for its Goshen manufacturing facility. The position requires previous manufacturing & leadership experience. NIBCO is located in the Industrial Park in Goshen, Indiana. NIBCO produces high quality ABS, PVC and CPVC plastic plumbing fittings utilizing injection molding machines.
Assists the Supervisors in the day-to-day leadership of safely manufacturing and packaging quality products, meeting or exceeding customer specifications, in a cost-effective, productive, efficient, and effective manner. Leads associates by example to follow company guidelines, policies, methods, procedures, work instructions, and practices in meeting NIBCO's goals. Is responsible for overall operation of the shift in absence of the Supervisor (except for management or disciplinary decision making).
Duties and Working Procedures:
1. Fill in for supervisor as needed.
2. Help determine and provide work assignments to associates, and monitor results.
3. Help coordinate department activities with other areas and departments.
4. Provide orientation and training for new, transferred, or other associates as needed.
5. Understand and support NIBCO policies and procedures and provide that understanding to associates.
6. Promote and exemplify our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, and Continuous Improvement.
7. Gather information and support performance/disciplinary issues as appropriate.
8. Provide information and process reports as needed.
9. Account for associates’ work schedule exceptions as needed.
10. Help communicate department/team status and issues to incoming shifts as needed.
11. Attend or hold meetings to communicate activities with associates or other departments.
12. Prioritize work or associate issues; problem solves issues and follow-up appropriately.
13. Develop a performance plan and a specific development plan with a minimum of a semi-annual review.
14. Report all safety hazards, unsafe working conditions, abnormal circumstances, incidents or other problems to coordinator.
Tools or Skills Used: Basic personal computer; Microsoft Office software (SAP or IQ as needed); misc. tools or instruments as needed for position; Good communication and training skills.
Job Requirements: P.I.V. License; High School diploma or equivalent, with some post secondary education preferred; At least two years manufacturing or leadership experience; Maintain minimum of 97% attendance frequency; Consistently good ratings on Performance Reviews.
No phone calls please.
Please email resume or apply in person at NIBCO 701 Eisenhower Dr. North, Goshen Monday – Friday between 7 am and 3 pm.