We are an early stage, well-funded company seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer with proven software development experience to work on design, development and integration of various software solutions and services in spectrum of business domains we serve. Our company offers medical and dental benefits as well as stock options, as will be specified to the successful candidate.
As a technology company, we build our own products and services for various niche markets and are passionate about innovation and technical excellence. Our work involves a spectrum of technologies ranging from business process automation and workflow to data mining and analytics, artificial intelligence, visual data processing, GIS, UAVs (drones), data integration and physical computing. Our company functions as a "flat" organization where technology, management and business participants jointly provide critical input into key business and technology decisions. As a company we are deeply invested in continual learning, willingness to take risks, try new tools and technologies and rely on team collaboration to identify and execute our plans. Our goal is to produce high quality software and be a key innovator and leader in any area where we have a market presence.
As the software engineering lead, you and your team will be working closely on the full range of software development activities; mapping business requirements, building a strong working understanding of the business arena where our products are used, identifying 3rd party tools that will aid in development, building databases and applying security to the software and mobile apps we develop. This position requires the demonstration of cooperative teamwork, strong interpersonal skills and excellent technical skills.
Primary Responsibility Includes:
- Develop software solutions for real time, non-real time and interactive software applications using C#, SQL Server, and general Windows Architecture.
- Analyze, design, and implement relational databases; design and create databases for data collection, analysis, and reporting as required.
- Assist with creation of test cases and packaging releases for deployment to production servers
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Electrical Engineering degree a plus).
- Proven software development experience using Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- 5+ years of software development experience using C# or VB.Net in a production environment.
- Experience working with .NET technologies including but not limited to Windows Services, WCF and Web Services.
- Web Services implementation experience based on SOAP (WSDL), REST with XML and JSON responses.
- Database proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server (preferably 2008 R2 / 2012).
- Strong coding skills in C++, C#, Java, JS, JQuery, JSON, HTML5 etc.
- Experience assessing and integrating off-the-shelf third party APIs and solutions.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- Mobile apps development experiences for Android and iOS platform is a plus.
- UI development in Windows Forms .NET and / or ASP.NET is a plus.
Additional Valuable Skills and Experience
- Advanced training in statistics or mathematics
- Knowledge of data mining techniques and machine learning systems
- Technical knowledge of GIS systems
Candidates must be close to Westlake Village, CA