Summary: A Strategic Projects Analyst manages transportation related projects or initiatives within the organization from inception to delivery. The Analyst plans, schedules and liaises with the different parties involved in each of the strategic initiatives aiming to improve corporate reputation, customer experience, enhanced operations, usage of the tolled facility and reports on the status of the different projects. The Analyst also analyzes the data to help the manager make informed decisions with respect to each of the initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify special projects across the different departments in the organization and lead their planning and implementation
- Define scope and specific goals for each of the initiatives and analyze all available data (traffic, customer surveys, research, etc.) to maximize benefit to the company through these initiatives
- Identify stakeholders for each of the initiatives inside or outside of the organization, and explain the project and what will be required from them and/or what they can expect
- Plan and set key milestones and deliverables from each of the parties for an optimized timeline
- Lead specific projects or initiatives assigned to the Strategy and Revenue Department, which involves identifing data or outsourcing needs , conducting research and analysis and coordinating work with external vendors or consultants when needed
- Monitor status of each of the project deliverables on an ongoing basis, meet with stakeholders on a regular basis
- Prepare monthly reports and presentations that summarize the status and findings of the different initiatives for supervisors and company executives
- Contribute to research projects in the transportation field , which includes participation in project meetings, liaising with the project team members, and oversight of the project deliverables
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and recommend new strategic initiatives and present them to senior management
- Conduct a meeting with the team after a project is complete to close the project and discuss the results; the Coordinator should find the key factors that led to the completion of the project and those that were not beneficial for the project so that they can be avoided in the future
- Perform other job-related duties as needed
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in transportation, civil engineering, business or economics
- 2 to 5 years of experience in engineering, economic analysis or project management , required
- Familiarity with the transportation industry or traffic management is a plus
Please submit your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations as part of your application for this role.
Indeed - 23 months ago