NTest, Inc. is seeking an energetic Software Engineer/Programmer to join its team in Minneapolis, Mn.
NTest develops and manufactures FiberWatch™, the leading Remote Fiber Test System (RFTS) in the world. FiberWatch™ monitors the physical integrity of fiber optic networks. It uses Optical Time-Domain Reflectometry (OTDR) and optical switch technology to automatically monitor the health of fiber optic networks. FiberWatch™ has been deployed in over 45 countries worldwide for over a decade. It monitors networks around the globe from the Australian outback to the Arabian desert, from New York City to Moscow.
- BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Java Development Experience 3+ years (Swing, RMI, Network Communications)
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technology
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles and software design patterns
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience, Knowledge and Interest in GIS technologies (WMS, Tile based maps, ESRI, MapInfo).
- Experience developing network management and network device monitoring code
- Experience in Fiber Optics, Fiber usage in Large Scale Networks, Wired/Wireless
- Experience in IP Networks, configuration, protocol usage VPN, GSM, SMS,
- Knowledge of the latest User Interface Design Principles and Practices