POSITION TITLE: Guest Service Agent
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Front Desk Manage/Rooms Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for registering guest, assign to rooms, and checking out guests in a prompt and courteous manner. You must be able to furnish varied and routine information to guests and fellow employees in a courteous, pleasant and tactful manner.
- Flexible to work varies shifts.
- Follow time/attendance guidelines.
- Participates in daily line up.
- Review front office log and initial off on information.
- Review personal NYLO email account throughout shift to identify open tasks such as SynXis-Reservations.
- Handle any pertinent tasks for the front office to ensure tasks are completed prior to shift end to eliminate pass on work.
- Complete shift report and file away.
- Have full knowledge and understanding of pertinent front office documents (reg cards, crew logs and transportation log etc.).
- Verifies issued bank amount is correct and receives change daily. Petty cash must be turned in within 48hrs of receiving a receipt.
- Generates current house status.
- Compares housekeeping report to house status, resolves discrepancies with housekeeping, and performs daily bucket checks. All due outs should be cleared prior to 3pm daily excluding Crew rooms.
- To handle all incoming reservations and record properly.
- Checks in guests, establishes credit and assigns rooms according to standard operating procedures.
- Verifies guest history information, issues guest room key, and answers guest inquiries.
- Answers switchboard promptly, relaying calls and recording messages.
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Pre-blocks and pre-registers groups or tours as assigned.
- Receives documents and places wake-up calls.
- Post any and all incidental charges to guest folios.
- Checks out guests, finalizes folio, collects proper payment, and obtains guest room key.
- Resolves customer complaints, recording specific complaint information.
- Maintains and cleans immediate work area.
- Balances bank at the end of shift and prepares cash drop and records on Cash Drop Log.
- Records significant information to Front Desk Log.
- Transport hotel guests within a five mile radius, or as directed. Nextel Communication is required when transporting guests. Vehicle inspection is conducted twice daily.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, practices, procedures and safety standards.
- Inspects all conference rooms and common areas each day to ensure security standards are met.
- Reports to work professionally groomed in proper uniform, which is cleaned and pressed.
- To be familiar with local competition and rates.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To be familiar with the local areas surrounding the hotel with regards to restaurants, gas stations, etc.
- To handle inquiries, both phone and in person, giving property tours when at all possible.
- To perform daily, area hotel availability checks.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Indeed - 18 months ago