The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an experienced individual for immediate employment. If you would like to be an instrumental part of a dynamic work environment that provides personal and organizational growth opportunities, then join our advocacy team in our Latham, NY headquarters.
- Advocates and interprets legislative program to Congress, the NYS Legislature, State Education Department, and other state agencies.
- Assists in maintaining grassroots legislative network.
- Interacts regularly with school board members and administrators around the state.
- Involves frequent statewide travel and public speaking opportunities.
- Supervises members of advocacy team.
- Contributes articles to our award-winning newspaper.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum of four years lobbying experience, including both NYS legislative houses and Executive branch. Cannot be barred from lobbying activities.
- Familiarity with public education issues.
- Highly effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience advocating using social media.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for confidential consideration, email resume, cover letter and compensation requirements, by August 9 to:
Subject line: Governmental Relations Position
An Equal Opportunity Employer.