NAACP Employee Reviews

Comfortable and positive environment
Youth Council Member (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Team Nights
Cons: Door to door
When I came into work I would go straight into crew meetings in which we recap the previous day and then move on to preparation for the day at hand. After about two and a half hours we would go and change into our field clothes and head out to our territory in which we were to knock door to door and make sales. We were offering a product that was highly in demand and cost efficient by going through us. We sold Century Link internet and phone service along with DirecTv at what was normally half the price of what our customer were usually spending with our competitors. I learned a lot about myself as a man and I got very comfortable with public speaking. I had managers in a sense but the great thing about the opportunity was that we were in a management training program in which eventually we would own our own business. my co workers were all very inviting and positive people. the hardest part of the job was knocking at peoples doors and getting their attention before they slammed the door in my face. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the freedom to work at my own pace without having anyone micromanaging me.
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 30, 2015
I love the working environment and the fact that I worked hand and hand with the people in the community. I learned a lot about the needs of myself in reference to others.
computer lab based environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 23, 2015
Pros: front desk assignments.
Cons: not enough pay or advancement
Front desk clerk assignments, answered phones, intake on new and old clients. Fun working with others. Computer lab skills learned to a minimum.
Internship
intern (Current Employee), Petersburg VaFebruary 7, 2015
It was a great internship experience! I am grateful for everything I learned while there as well as the people which I met.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston,TXJanuary 22, 2015
Call to remind customers obama care enrollment has started and help them locate the closet enrollment center closet to them.
Helping others
Certified Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: co workers, helping the community
Cons: irate customers
A typical day at work is like working in any other office answering the phones, writing down messages, and returning phone calls, power lunches to find new leads, inputting data into the system to access each clients individual need, and making them comfortable in the interim. The most rewarding thing is to help people that have been in need of help.
Great experience
Buffalo State EOP Mentor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2014
Pros: experience, volunteer work
Cons: n/a
This is not a paid job this is volunteered work that i did. I did it for the purpose it stood for and to better the community. My organization consisted of people in the Buffalo community.
Was volunteer.
VP of the New Castle Branch (Former Employee), New Castle, PAApril 2, 2014
No typical workday. Just managed the NAACP program. Hardest part was setting up events. Most enjoyable was having successful events.
Great and Fun Environment
Student (Former Employee), Gary, INFebruary 25, 2014
NAACP Entreprenuerial Program was a program teaching young adults how to be business owners. Create business plans, budgets, and accounting strategies were just a few lessons that were taught. The overall program was a great experience.
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee), Portsmouth VirginiaJanuary 14, 2014
Good. I enjoyed working there. There was plenty opportunities within the origination.
Exciting workplace
Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2013
This was a part-time position that consisted of processing payroll, accounts payable, paid annual taxes, and transferred funds between accounts. Processed bank deposit slips.
Slow-paced work enviorment with really layed back enviorment
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2013
Pros: leaving early
Cons: not having anything to do after showing an intiation
A typical day at the office consisted of completing travel expense reports, creating spreedsheets, etc administrative duties. I gained a more comprehensive history of the NAACP and all of its contibutions to the black nation. Management was care-free. The hardest part of my job was not having anything to do. The most enjoyable was being able to leave early because there is nothing else to be done.
naacp
President (Former Employee), shreveport laOctober 20, 2013
Loved the job but they had no money to pay us it was all volu. I really wish a postion was aval. I would still be there although the President found me a job with the senator its not thier fault it wasnt ran properly
keeping families connected
Parent Involvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: connecting families to all events and services
Cons: no advancement
parent coordinator ..make sure all paper work is complete

communication is key

was hired on day of interview

unruley parents

making families work
Excellent work experience opportunity for youth
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to work with youth
Cons: short term project
Sign in participants, assign work activities, co-ordinate and visit work sites, complete reports, counsel participants as needed, supervised clerical staff, submitted timely reports, was responsible for inventory of equipment for the program - met with Program Director.

I learned to work with and manage youth who wanted to experience an opportunity to work and earn an income and to counsel and encourage those who were presented a challenge.

Management of the program was handled professionally according to program's guidelines.

Co-workers were team players and respected authority.

The hardest part of the job was the travel distance to the different job sites.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to counsel and encourage the participants.
Love this job!
Youth President (Former Employee), Columbus, MSApril 28, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the kids! They make up the organization.
It was very productive, educational, and they were very nice people.
Community Service/Volunteer Service (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 10, 2013
I had a chance to volunteer for the NAACP and it was wonderful. Going out into the public and helping them accomplish great goals made me feel like an important person. They teach you alot and give good useful information that you will need in your life. The NAACP work is very challenging but end in great success. It was wonderful to work under such great people.
A great day
Telecommunications Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great smiles
Cons: after break time it got slow
A typical day is coming in getting greeted my security and management. We were always adviced to come in twenty minutes early to have a group meeting, to set the goal for the shift, a prep talk to keep the positive atmosphere going and to make sure that we are all in attendance. We go to our respectable work places, set up and get to work. What I learned from managent is to always be punctual and come to work with a positive atittude, you get the work done in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was keeping the timeline but, i got the job done. The most enjoyable part part was the atmosphere, i enjoyed did enjoy the people.
My time with the NAACP.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2012
My time at the NAACP was not particularly enjoyable, and I would not recommend the organization to anyone seeking to volunteer.
Flexible work schedule great off days.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2012
Pros: working on grant funds
Cons: grant funds not being recognized by superiors
My typical day at work I would unlock the building and retrieve the mail from the box and turn my computer on. I turn off and retrieve all message from the answering machine. I prepare coffee for the office staff and checked supplies. I then log on to my computer using my pass word to get into all areas of the system to assist me in my daily task. I retrieve my emails, answered all uncompleted emails from the previous day. I reviewed up coming appointments for the day, and filled cancelled appoints with stand-by clients. Throughout the day I would answer multiple phone lines, receive clients, monitor the computer room, inform counselors of appointments, balance bookkeeping, bank deposit and total number of clients for the day.

I learned how to interview clients and potiential employee's. I learned how to assist clients in financial distress, directing them to the correct sources in there crisis.

Management were agreeable in decisional efforts with finalizing project prepartions and plans.

Co-workers were supportive and agreeable on most projects.

The hardest part of the job was unlocking and letting the security door up the bad weather.

The enjoyable part of my job was being successful in finding financial assistant for the clients and seeing the clients utilize there new skills set in using the computer.