NAACP Employee Reviews

Data Entry and Mailing
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 2, 2017
I worked for the community non profit. I stuffed and mailed envelopes. I delivered mail and food to the elderly and answered the hotline telephones. This was at a younger age.
Community Service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2017
I passed out flyers at job corps it was an volunteer work environment I did for an local church. They are an great organization and I really enjoyed working for them.
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 17, 2017
I loved being the youth president and being a leader of my peerstuff and traveling to the NAACP National and State Convention meeting new people from around the world.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Help Better the community
member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 30, 2017
Working with the NAACP at the college level was a lot of fun, but hard work. During the meetings we had to come up with different interesting ways to help the community. A typical day would involve working as a group or with a partner bouncing ideas off of each other. The workplace culture was diverse with people from different backgrounds willing to help. The hardest part about the job was there were so many people there with great ideas, but we could only choose one. The most enjoyable part about the job was finally coming to a decision and then following through.
Pros
free dinner, volunteer hours
Cons
only meet once a week
Great Experiences
NAACP/clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2017
Great job,met alot of new people.Experienced new things.Managment was not very easy to talk too.The work was very hectic,which included alot of traveling.However, the Job wasn't secure.
Pros
Great experiences
Cons
Managment
Dysfunctional
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2017
Apply only if you have little to no other opportunities. Many of the staff are looking for employment else where and those who aren't feel no other company would hire them.
Great work place
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 5, 2017
Great place to work. This organization allows employees to participate in multiple projects and allows for many employees to develop their works skills and grow.
community sponor
Currently holding office as the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 7, 2016
it was a great organization it helped with schooling and scholarships. you got to volunteer and help around the community and also meet new people and important people in the community.
Pros
scholarships
Cons
didnt meet regualrly
Great place to intern
Legal Extern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
Researched and drafted legal memorandums and briefs
Face-to-face client interactions and interviews.
Conducted case law, statutory, and administrative code research
Assisted with trial preparation
A needed organization for the continual advancement for the diversified population
Organizations (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 11, 2016
An organization founded over some 100 years ago and still growing strong. Will and always have strong management who always promotes strong work ethics.
Great experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2016
I called homes in virginia to get them to go out and vote.
I learned that politics is a very strong topic for most people and getting them up to support is easy.
Management was perfect.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours with none task
Volunteer Vice President (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2015
Learning , giving back , helping others , meeting people , sharing idea's. Great opportunity to volunteer with. Met some very good people who are all about helping others.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Volunteer
community work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
I helped many families that needed legal services and the experience was extremely rewarding. My time there gave me another perspective on how important civil service is.
Comfortable and positive environment
Youth Council Member (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 29, 2015
When I came into work I would go straight into crew meetings in which we recap the previous day and then move on to preparation for the day at hand. After about two and a half hours we would go and change into our field clothes and head out to our territory in which we were to knock door to door and make sales. We were offering a product that was highly in demand and cost efficient by going through us. We sold Century Link internet and phone service along with DirecTv at what was normally half the price of what our customer were usually spending with our competitors. I learned a lot about myself as a man and I got very comfortable with public speaking. I had managers in a sense but the great thing about the opportunity was that we were in a management training program in which eventually we would own our own business. my co workers were all very inviting and positive people. the hardest part of the job was knocking at peoples doors and getting their attention before they slammed the door in my face. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the freedom to work at my own pace without having anyone micromanaging me.
Pros
Team Nights
Cons
Door to door
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 30, 2015
I love the working environment and the fact that I worked hand and hand with the people in the community. I learned a lot about the needs of myself in reference to others.
computer lab based environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 23, 2015
Front desk clerk assignments, answered phones, intake on new and old clients. Fun working with others. Computer lab skills learned to a minimum.
Pros
Front desk assignments.
Cons
not enough pay or advancement
Internship
intern (Current Employee) –  Petersburg VaFebruary 7, 2015
It was a great internship experience! I am grateful for everything I learned while there as well as the people which I met.
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXJanuary 22, 2015
Call to remind customers obama care enrollment has started and help them locate the closet enrollment center closet to them.
Helping others
Certified Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work is like working in any other office answering the phones, writing down messages, and returning phone calls, power lunches to find new leads, inputting data into the system to access each clients individual need, and making them comfortable in the interim. The most rewarding thing is to help people that have been in need of help.
Pros
Co workers, Helping the community
Cons
Irate customers
Great experience
Buffalo State EOP Mentor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2014
This is not a paid job this is volunteered work that i did. I did it for the purpose it stood for and to better the community. My organization consisted of people in the Buffalo community.
Pros
Experience, Volunteer work
Cons
N/a