Nabisco Employee Reviews

Fun work place
SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 14, 2013
• Assisted clients in finalizing organization structure design in SAP. Participated in the Analysis and Design meetings for the Requirements.
• As a part of GL transaction processing set the types of journal entries, recurring entries and accrual posting. GL Fiscal month end closing defined financial statement preparation, reconciliations and adjustments, integrated closing schedules and the closing process.
• Maintained Subsystems such as Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Responsible for Processing Payments.
• Generated reports through ABAP Query for Vendor and Customers
• Involved in the design of Asset class and Chart of Depreciation in Fixed Assets.
Grouped assets into manageable Asset Classes and customized screen layout for each asset class with unique number ranges.
• Created Primary and Secondary Cost Elements, created Cost Element Groups and Assign Number ranges to groups, configured Automatic and Manual cost element creation.
• Interacted with client business users for requirement gathering and analysis.
• Study and documentation of existing processes for Shipping and Distribution.
A well established company with well known products.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSDecember 4, 2013
A typical day involves getting to the store I need to work at between 9 A.M. and 10 A.M. Some days do require earlier times but pallets with merchandise typically arrive between that time. I travel to each store and work whatever load has been delivered. I have learned the day to day operations of stores such as Wal-Mart and Kroger. You have to learn to be a people person or it must come naturally. I usually work my route by myself but my manager will sometimes end up working one of the same stores. The hardest part of my job usually involves having to work a big load of merchandise by yourself. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming and time consuming if you have a lot of other stores that day. The most enjoyable part of my job is I do not always have a boss watching my every move. I never do anything wrong but the freedom and trust extended to me is very nice.
Pros
travel costs are covered, work at your own pace at times.
Cons
the spaces we work in can be cluttered by other vendors, advancement seems to be quite difficult to achieve.
Great experience to start with business to business sales position.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2013
Each day at work was a different town/city where my territory was laid out. That of course was repeated each week unless I needed to make extra visits to stores or new stores in a day. This is where I learned all my sales and selling skills and plunged myself to the top of my team as top seller almost every month. That being said, I was the only female on my team as well. Needless to say my coworkers didn't care for this too much!! But, this did make them work harder to beat my sales goals and in turn our team was often the lead team in the district. These things were all parts making up the hardest parts of the job as well as the most enjoyable, for me anyway!!
Pros
knowing i was a top seller on my team many times over, having the bonuses to go with being the top seller, recognition was nice as well!
Cons
long work days, having top sales on the team often meant having long days to go with the numbers, that was the biggest con about the job.
Productive and challenging
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2015
As a Nabisco merchandiser we communicate over emails in regard to schedules, ad plans for major retailers, and any changes within the company. I recieve my schedule a day in advance through email for the next work day. In that email it contains the store location, case amount, and time of arrival of the product that I will work within the store I am assigned to. When I arrive at the store my job is to work the backstock out first, check for out of dates, and fill any holes on the sales floor shelf with new merchandise that came in from the truck that was delivered. During holidays and special events I may be assigned to coordinate with store managers to set up special displays for ad's. After the sales floor has been filled my last task is to organize any remaining back stock in my company's designated area and go to my next store.
Pros
Time flexability
Cons
Conditions of stores are unpredictable make work day impossible to calculate hours and planning
A learned experience in motivational skills
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MDSeptember 25, 2014
The challenge presented shortly after being hired was that the company had been acquired by Kraft and would be, in the near future, shut down. Since I had been exposed to a prior plant shut down, I was ask to assist with any morale or work procedure needed for such event.
I knew that such an event would lend to increased safety concerns on all levels as well as destruction of property. I focused on presenting the positive side by encouraging all workers to produce maximum product and almost make it a fun way to send more product than the plant could store. We actually reached a point where the company requested we slow down and I was able to negotiate a little more buy out time, which I was able to show the workers they would receive a little more compensation. As a result, the plant was closed without any accident or property damage.
Pros
a great group of management personnel to work with
Cons
plant shut down
I absolutely loved working for Nabisco
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 16, 2012
A typical day for me was spent largely on the phone talking with big box stores and resolving deductions. Some deductions could not be resolved and it would require a visit to their location.

I learned a lot about what stores can send back and why, I also learned that more times than not they have brokers that they go trough to get the best deals at each company,

Management here was GREAT they listened to your ideas and implemented them.

Co workers were wonderful, and I still interact with them from time to time!

Sometimes the hardest part of the job was the traveling, but only when it was back to back trips. Other than that the traveling here and there I actually enjoyed.

I would not say there was a hard part to this job, it was truly one of the best jobs I had ever had, AND I would still be there if they did not close ad move to NJ.
Pros
all the cookies and candy you wanted.
decent place to work; did variety of tasks; not worth 2hr. am ride to be there at 8 am
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2013
A typical day involved reams of spreadsheets regardless of task. I did not learn much; I reinforced what I knew; I strengthened my proficiency in excel and access. I had expected to learn computerized accounting. Management was good until the General Manager (GM) retired. I enjoyed a better rapport with him than his replacement or my immediate supervisor, whose disappointment over not getting the GM job affected our relationship, notably his willingness to teach me waned. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of job: realizing I'm not going to learn anything new, much less get promoted. Also, the 2 hr am ride to get there at 8 am. Most enjoyable part: I was kept busy so the day went fast
Pros
many tasks to do, thus kept busy, and the day went fast.
Cons
promises were made but were not kept.
Productive environment where employees are expected to work individually and the collective efforts supports the organization as a whole.
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2015
The ideal platform to forge business skill sets such as create, and maintain meaningful business relationships. At nabisco I have learned the importance of product placement, brand awareness, consumer price sensitivity and the competitive nature of the food marketing industry.
Pros
Never being complacent, always on the go to multiple store locations to service, working with a variety of business and management, sense of independence, paid milage, good compensation
Cons
little to no breaks, inconsistent scheduling, inconsistent daily start and end times, frequently work longer hours than scheduled, no benefits, no company car
Nabisco
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 8, 2012
I typically hear from my sales rep between 10pm-12am the night prior to my work day to tell me where I will be going and what will be going on in those stores. Management is great, but some of the reps could use some more training and people skills. The hardest part of the job is occasionally dealing with angry store managers and receivers if the sales rep has not communicated to them what is going on with Nabisco products in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is trying to build a good report with the managers, receivers and other outside vendors.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
lack of communication.
a good solid company to work for
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2014
A typical day started at 6 am till about 3 with an hour or so of computer work at home. I learned a lot about selling a first rate line of product and in managing others in displaying that product. Although we did not get together often I got along well with coworkers and stayed in touch through e-mail and the phone.The hardest part of the job was the physicality of it (placing 100's of cases of product on shelf and display). The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching product goals within my territory.
Pros
good benefits/ good coworkers
Cons
long hours/ difficult enviroment
Fast pace work environment and team building
Overnight Repack, Floater, Reliever, safety lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Nabisco is an fast paced environment in which we build large quantities of pallets overnight to meet quotas. i have learned team building exercises, management works with workers to achieve goals, co-workers all work together to create a safe work environment and complete quotas set by company,the hardest part of the job is keeping an fast pace to meet the line quotas, the most enjoyable part of the job is the team comrodary.
Pros
a lot of problem solving building
Cons
no benefits
Duties included the following.
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 24, 2013
Knowledge of: firm's long and short-run goals and objectives, production process, consumer behavior, competitors

Functional skills: market forecast, design of sales organization, recruiting and selecting salesperson, training, budgeting, compensation, territory and quota design, sales analysis, developing sales approach, customer service, order processing,

Administrative ability: planning, organizing, coordination, motivating, evaluation and control, communication

Leadership ability
Indepedent work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  raleigh NCMay 19, 2015
I worked independently at a variety of different grocery stores such as Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I received specific instructions the night before fro whom ever the Sales Rep I am working for. I would work truck orders that ranged from 20 cases to 150 cases or more. Some days I would just go into a store to do a re-service. Meaning, I would just go into the store to check the shelves for holes and front all of the product up.
Pros
working alone
Productive and special project
SSA-Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 30, 2015
working on special project and meeting deadlines- supporting the sales team and Headquaters team in introducing in product to our customers across the country and processing orders to meet sales event on a daily bases.
backing up the Call center reps on inbound calls and process orders for all the branches that deliver to our customers on a dailly bases.
Pros
i enough working with our customers
Cons
not enough training
I worked with management to strive to meet sales goals and to promote Nabisco
sales repersenative (Former Employee) –  Tulare countySeptember 1, 2015
Nabisco, is a great company to work for and they care about their employees, the job is very stressful at times and demanding, the product and Nabisco's insight to there drive to be the top in snacking
is one of their best qualities, and all the new product that they put out that other companies copy, is remarkable,
Pros
great product. good benifits
Cons
stressful, demanding
Great part-time job!
Event Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVMay 10, 2015
Fast paced at times, must have great social skills and work ethics, experience in sales isn't a must but you will learn a lot from this job if you take it seriously as you should. Co-workers like family! part-time work, and hours vary on a regular basis. Great starter job! You get out of this job what you put into it.
Pros
Free water, $10 gift card when signing up/renewing Sams Club membership
Cons
short break, schedule changes
Absentee management
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 27, 2014
Nabisco/Mondelez is king when it comes to production. They have good logistics as well. As far as sales operations they are altogether too thin at the field management level yet the company still managed to win the "Supplier of the Year" award at Walmart in 2013.

If you have no expectation of a quick promotion and you are willing to work independently, Nabisco is a wonderful place to work.
What I Do
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 14, 2012
Every Night before my next day at work I usually would recieve a phone call or email from my territory boss who would tell me what he wanted me to do in that store that day. When I arrived to the store I put my step stool in the ground and walked around my aisle and around the store looking for displays. I learned how to rotate stock, keep back room looking neat, making sure all the product was out.
Great place to work, management encouraged growth and individuality
Admin Assist to VP of Technology (Former Employee) –  East HanoverOctober 15, 2012
Enjoyed the work, it was challenging and encouraged the development of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills by providing free classes and encouraging participation. The best part of working at Nabisco was the location which was on a former golf club and had walking trails and free gym facilities for the employees.
Pros
location
PT SSR
SSR (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 9, 2014
I worked for this company and did not have a very good experience. I worked 7 days a week most of the time, although U never worked more than 30 hours. Since there is a lot of driving I paid more for gasoline in my car than I made in a week. I was hired on with paid mileage, but then I was told that I could either not get paid my mileage or transfer to a different area.
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
mileages was not paid at the correct state scale.