Nabors Industries Employee Reviews

Rotational Work
Driller (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXApril 23, 2017
Good as long as the rig is running. Subject to layoffs when oil field is down, but overall not a bad place to work. Safety minded, able to learn and move up.
Fun environment workplace
Floorhand/Chainhand (Former Employee) –  Hartshorne, OKApril 22, 2017
This job really helped me to find myself. This Company got me started in doing what I love. A great starter company. Great people and great benefits. Beneficial.
One of largest land based rigs for reason
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 18, 2017
The pay and scheduling is perfect for the working familes needs. The health benefits are well suited. I should never have left. The only negative is Oil and Gas based industry is a poltically charged job security.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, Great schudeling
Cons
Co-Workers can be cut throat and oil and gas based business lacks security due politics
Great environment
Flooman/derrickman (Former Employee) –  Offshore oil platformsApril 15, 2017
Best employment I ever had good men hard working environment verybenificial for a career oriented employee work schedule very flexible and the friendships you make are for a lifetime
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
N/A
Watch your back.
Rig Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAApril 12, 2017
Worked here for over 10 years and co-workers started to make up stories, not good. Watch yourself if you work here. Management not that good here. Would not recommend.
Great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
I worked for a great team which made a big difference in my overall experience with the company. The department management team really supported the employees.
A great place to work
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  Wiliston, NDApril 10, 2017
Safe place to work. Management was great. Very good benefits. Good people to work with. Nabors has very good equipment and they maintain equipment well.
Horrible
Roughneck/Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKApril 4, 2017
Pay Checks were never the same. Management never listened and always had an excuse. I would never work for this company again. They always took short cuts leading to my friend being stuck in an auger for 7 hrs.
Pros
nothing
Steady and dependable work
Assistant Driller / Driller (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaApril 3, 2017
A typical day at work is busy for an expat. I learned a lot about the work ethics of other cultures. Management is good and most of the time will have our back.
productive and great work enviroment
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Iraan, TXApril 2, 2017
Work never stops but makes time fly by. I liked everything about this job including all the employees. I would do everything from invoicing to paying bills to HR and traveling for job fairs.
Pros
wages
Cons
long days
enjoyable
Crew Worker/Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93308March 30, 2017
this is a good company to work for. the environment is enjoyably and fun. the company is managed well and is also very productive.
There is always something to be done
Very safe company to work for. Saftey was always first
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2017
I loved the company because of the pay, the safety of employers and the great leaders I worked with. I loved the hrs they gave me and the time I had off to spend with my family.
Pros
Great job, safety first, and great individuals to work with
Cons
Still dangerous
productive workplace
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMarch 23, 2017
typical work day starts with JSA and letting roustabouts know what the daily activities are. With this company i learned what the different tools are and how they function. The management was good at keeping the rig supplied with quality people to get the job safe and effectively. The workplace was a safety culture place. The hardest thing about this job was being away from home as with ant job. The most enjoyable part of the job was operating the crane and doing the work safely.
Pros
clothes and boots, bonus checks
Cons
only one pair of boots for crane operator
Safety & Teamwork
EMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
I cope well with high-stress situations and can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
I am seeking a position that offers a challenge, responsibility, and opportunity.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Heathcare
Floorhand/ Derrickman/ Driller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
Working for Nabors was one of the best decisions I've made. The team was awesome.Yes, you do work hard. But the bond you form makes it totally worth it. If there was a disagreement it was quickly resolved.
It is a job
IT field coordinator (Former Employee) –  alaskaMarch 17, 2017
Nabors is a field operations oriented company. When based out of a regional office you are on call 24/7/365. Safety is the number one goal set by the company as a whole and developing a safety culture is part of the package. Management is alright but can seem to be entrenched.
The hardest part of the job is realizing that unless you are related to someone higher up there is no advancement. All upper management jobs are filled with outside personnel to promote 'innovation'.
Pros
decent pay/ pretty good health insurance
Cons
too many to say
good company
Floor hand/ Derrickman asst (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 15, 2017
good company would go back in a heart beat. good environment great people good tool pusher they treat you good an will teach you a lot of stuff you might have not know
Great learning opportunity
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 9, 2017
Working for Nabors Drilling USA was a very good one. They spend a lot of money in safety which in any oilfield company is important. There training programs are amazing.
Pros
safe working environment
Cons
split payroll
Horrible
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 9, 2017
Nabors drilling is beyond the biggest crooks you can work for out in the oilfield. Your bonuses were never promised and the safety of the company sucks.
Great Place to work
Regional IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2017
Nabors is a great company. They pay well and keep you working if you're willing to travel. Unfortunately, their IT Management is horrible now. Wrong direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nabors Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval