NABORS Employee Reviews

Needed New Management
WAREHOUSE BUYER - MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 10, 2016
Too many chiefs, not enough workers. They messed everything up by being only concerned for themselves and salary employees. Didn't give a rip about the working man.
good
bad
its a drilling company
FLOORHAND (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXNovember 16, 2016
The day starts early and ends late, if it ends at all. There is always excitement on a rig. You meet alot of different people with different work habits. I have been able to guide, teach and even learn from the numerous people I have met. This career has taught me numerous of things in life. I have became more aware of safety hazzards on and off the rig. The hardest part of my career is the time away from home, but I have made a family on the rig.
Productive and fast pace
Motorman (Former Employee) –  Wickett, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I love working for Nabors. They are very safety orientated and before they send you to location they send you to there school to teach you how the work is and how the machinery works and show you the proper way to use the equipment and teach you the safety procedures and the hazards to watch out for and they certify you on the equipment and forklift training
Pros
The pay and learning experience
Cons
Working in the heat and cold
Safe work area
Floor Hand/Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TexasOctober 13, 2016
The Safety requirements made for a safe work experience. Always had a team with our crew member. I have been wanting to resume my position with Nabors Drilling.
Fun work day with enough work to keep me busy
Accounts Payable / Benefits Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSAugust 20, 2016
It was a great place to work. Nabors was the first time I had worked with the automobile industry and I thought it would be difficult but the associates all made it a great place to work.
It was a job.
Floor Hand/Pit Hand/Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAFebruary 4, 2016
Had safety meetings every day so we knew what to expect . I learned a lot about generators and boilers, drilling theory, operating heavy equipment. Management was very unfair if they were not your friends or relatives. Coworkers were cool most of the time. hardest part of the job was dealing with people in charge that didn't understand how procedures worked because they didn't earn their spot. Tripping pipe was the most enjoyable part of the job it made time go by s quick.
Pros
safety bonuses
Cons
Severe nepotism and my friend for the job even if they have no experience.
Universal Well Services
Field Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 5, 2015
As is with most hydraulic fracturing companies, you will either have a rough schedule (gone for 2 weeks, home for 1), or you will be on call 24x7. It is a rough schedule if you have a family. The management for this company can also be a bit difficult to deal with; asking you to do things that are not safe.

The compensation from this company is very good, especially if you do not posses a college degree.
Pros
Money
Cons
Safety, Management, Rough Schedule
Contract Assignment great company
Support Services Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Nabors at the Greenspoint location. It was a contract assignment for 3 months only but, they position was extended to 9months.I assisted with the Accounting Dept. and Front Office Operations as a floater or receptionist. Great company.
Nabors
Derrickhand (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 8, 2015
This has been the best company I have worked for. They provide benefits, overtime, plenty of time off, and they are very safe and efficient. they offered paid training you could take anytime you were available. I had a great time working for Nabors, the knowledge and experience I gained while working for this company will allow me to be an asset to any company and crew.
Pros
excellent work schedule, plenty of time off, plenty of overtime pay
Very productive an educational
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2016
They taught me a lot,an how to be safe an efficient.Very dedicated co-workers that look out for each other in such harsh an dangerous situations.
Met a lot of good people
Field Operation/ CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 17, 2016
It was a good company for the most part, if the saftey there was better it would have been a much better workplace. Layoffs was too often. But the pay was great,,a typical work day consisted of operating a machine and driving to and from a work locating. Then begin drilling for natural and oil managemt was good and coworkers too
Pros
PAY WAS GREAT
Cons
GONE FROM HOME TO MUCH
great team
Driller (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 6, 2016
nabors is a great company to work for, the pay is that that great but the people are great and they take good care of you. great safety and good management
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Good company
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMarch 15, 2016
Good company to work for if you like working in the oil fields. I was working with vacuum trucks and the pay is competitive with other companies I worked with before.
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelocta, PAJanuary 30, 2013
Challenging place to work. Had to be very detail oriented, allowed me to work indepently. Answered telephones, email, correspondence by telephone, email, regular mail. Worked closely with vendors, ordering supplies, PPE gear, electronics parts. Sent parts, supplies, gear to field employees. Arranged travel for managers, field employees: air fare, car rentals, hotel accomodations. Printed and prepared training manuals for training coordinator. Created & updated spreadsheets of employee personnel information, department of transportation updates, insurance, and weekly field reports regarding the repairs of equipment. Updated the spreadsheets for field equipment/insurance purposes & sent them to HQ. Maintained records of vendors, inventory of field maintenance parts, PPE gear, ordered signage for facility and arranged for installation. Scheduled appointments for managers, and all clerical duties otherwise expected: prepared documents, drawings, manuals, transcribed daily electronics meetings and weekly field reports, posting them on ShareFile for national accessibility. Kept all employee and electronics projects confidential per company policy.
Pros
great benefits and employees
Cons
lack of communication from upper management
OK starter company to work for, but thats it.
Top Drive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, TXMarch 20, 2014
This was the first company that hired me right out of the military. The management doesn't pay any attention to their employees. They just focus on numbers. Low morale. And there is no advancement, or any incentive to strive for more because it won't get noticed. The training I got came from other employees, not management. Once I got hired, they just put me in the shop and that was the last time you see any of them. When it comes to reviews, it's all an even scale. The person next to you can always call in or doesn't work hard and still get the same review as you. The pay isn't the best. HR compares the pay there to other businesses, such as fast food and grocery stores.
Pros
Other co-workers
Cons
managment, reviews, pay
Great compensation
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 7, 2015
I enjoy the great compensation at Nabors Completion and Production Services. My work days are long but it benefits my family in the long run.
Same as before
EQ/BIN SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMarch 16, 2016
Ok so what more is there to talk about it keeps asking me for information so here I sit typing away till I get to 20 words on this survey. Mentalte surveys note I ha
Productive and fun
Accounting, data entry (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton TXJanuary 1, 2015
Every day @ Nabors is an awesome day!!!! Fun exciting and always positive team players. I learned many things about different companies, safety. My co workers are great team work always
Pros
hour lunch good benefits
Good opertunities, very goog training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2013
In 20+ years I got a great deal of expierence in down hole operations. Training offered to employees was very good.
Pros
TRIED TO PROVIDE GOOD WORK INVIROMENT.
Cons
VAHICLE COMPENSATION FOR SUPERVISORS WAS SUB-PAR
Overall is ok
RADIO OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  RADIO OPERATORAugust 8, 2013
No increase in salary since 2011. No fixed working hrs. Overtime is not paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NABORS. Our community is ready to answer.