NABORS

NABORS Employer Reviews

Good Money
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Rooselvelt UtahJanuary 15, 2015
Hard work days. Learned the oil industry. Management was pretty much non existent. Co-workers, Some ok. But a lot of high school mentality. The hardest part of the job was the job itself. A lot of hard labor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing your making a good living.
Love the company buttttt
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Williston, NDJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good people, pleasant company
Cons: not into detail enough and it is detail that keeps the business growing.
Great company to work for but has one fatal flaw. The managers are all former truck drivers. From my vantage point 100% former truck drivers. No disrespect to truck drivers intended but they tend not in tune with modern business practices. Little is written down regarding procedures and problems and solutions are kept in peoples heads so that nobody else has access to them. Consequently when one leader leaves he/she takes with them the knowledge and process and reasons behind it. This is very costly as reinventing the wheel often is.

The oil industry is in a serious situation right now. I see the company leaders as making across the board cuts as oppose to thinking. They are shooting themselves in the foot. The business model needs recalibration.
Long Days long hours
Stim Frac Machine Operator Run equipment (Current Employee), Jane Lew, WVJanuary 5, 2015
Was hired to drive but have yet to drive, learned how to run sand and watch a hopper. Ran a blender some. Management not bad don't like the favoritism. Long hours are tough but when the end of the day comes your ready for home. Pay is real good. Only bad thing I can say about it is the time away from home gets old and the swing shifts 6 days on day shift 3 off then 6 days night shift and 3 off hard to get use to it.
Productive and fun
Accounting, data entry (Current Employee), Pleasanton TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: hour lunch good benefits
Every day @ Nabors is an awesome day!!!! Fun exciting and always positive team players. I learned many things about different companies, safety. My co workers are great team work always
Great Pay
Frac Operator (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy working for this company, but unfortunately the crew I work for constantly leaves us in the dark. We never know the days we will work or even when we will be off. We work months at a time without a day off, pulling 12+ hour shifts.
I have a great crew and we do our best, but as a family man I need something where I can have more time with my family. I need more communication to where I at least know when I will be home.
Floor hand for Nabors
Floor Hand (Former Employee), south texasMay 11, 2014
Pros: money, time off
Cons: on my feet 12 hrs, oil base mud
A typical day at work would be a lot of hands on, up on your feet 12 hours of the day, and getting in oil base mud. Its better to do it safe then to do something fast and in a hurry. The guys I worked with, some were good guys. The hardest part of the job is being 6 hours away from home and the most enjoyable would definally be the time off.
Great experience
Derrick Man (Former Employee), ColoradoMarch 25, 2014
Pros: income
Cons: hours
This company offered experience that will help me in my future.
OK starter company to work for, but thats it.
Top Drive Mechanic (Current Employee), Magnolia, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: other co-workers
Cons: managment, reviews, pay
This was the first company that hired me right out of the military. The management doesn't pay any attention to their employees. They just focus on numbers. Low morale. And there is no advancement, or any incentive to strive for more because it won't get noticed. The training I got came from other employees, not management. Once I got hired, they just put me in the shop and that was the last time you see any of them. When it comes to reviews, it's all an even scale. The person next to you can always call in or doesn't work hard and still get the same review as you. The pay isn't the best. HR compares the pay there to other businesses, such as fast food and grocery stores.
very helpful and productive company to work for
motor man or roughneck (Former Employee), wheeler,txDecember 29, 2013
while I was working there they sent me to oklahoma city , ok for some classes to get me ready for the real rigs out in the field they did a terrific job for me they were thorough and their instructors did a wonderful job and also took their job very seriously
jobs gave me a trade
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Van Buren, AROctober 26, 2013
Pros: see the country
Cons: bad health care
I liked opening and cooking the food. and the truck job made me have another field to work in.
got along with others
Derrickman (Current Employee), Sonora, TXOctober 18, 2013
Pros: had a place to stay and didnt pay much
Cons: needed more pay
the hardest part of the job was only having off weekends but worked everyday. the people are good to work with. had great management, learned alot from this job
OVERALL IS OK
RADIO OPERATOR (Current Employee), RADIO OPERATORAugust 8, 2013
NO INCREASE IN SALARY SINCE 2011. NO FIXED WORKING HRS. OVERTIME IS NOT PAID.
not to good
Driller (Former Employee), Alice, TXJune 19, 2013
my rig got stacked send me to another rig as a pit hand the driller the was not to experience rigs started going up asked to go pace school but got getting passed over drillers with less experience who new people in the office were being sent so did not feel happy with and secure there no more w/ 25 yrs experience 15 as driller
GOOD OPERTUNITIES, VERY GOOG TRAINING
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: tried to provide good work inviroment.
Cons: vahicle compensation for supervisors was sub-par
IN 20+ YEARS I GOT A GREAT DEAL OF EXPIERENCE IN DOWN HOLE OPERATIONS. TRAINING OFFERED TO EMPLOYEES WAS VERY GOOD.
Great Management
Purchasing Department (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: free breakfasts and lunches brought in by vendors, the day before holidays we are always given a half day
Cons: lack of advancement potential
I enjoy working for NABORS. They have been very understanding as I work on finishing my college degree and have rewarded my work efforts with respect and a great team environment.

I was salaried non exempt which allowed me to pretty much set my own income level based upon how much overtime I worked. I would get time and a half on any time worked over 40hrs.

The only draw back that I see is a lack of upward mobility and open doors to different sides of the oil and gas industry from within.
A good place to work and learn
Driller (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at Nabors learning new things and working around new people. Traveling around and seeing new places
Good place to work at
Tech 3 (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: small shop
1. Go to work at 5:30 am to PM Trucks before they go out.
2. You will always learn something new each day.
3. I do my job well in a timely manner and efficient to save money and time down.
4. My co-workers are good with me as well I am to them.
5. It may be when everything comes down at the same time and I have to prioritize so I can get it all at the end of the day.
6.I have good co-workers that take time to know them.
Job at Nabors
Driver (Former Employee), OwegoMarch 14, 2013
Cons: entire atmosphere
Working for Nabors in Owego, NY under Steve Apigo was aken to serving time without having committed a crime. We were expected to report erroneous times in our DOT Log Book so we could still drive after having worked for 24 hours straight. I witnessed chemical spills that were covered up, unreported, clearly DEC violations. This yard lacks integrity on behalf of their employees. Avoid working at this yard if possible. Your interest is not their interest.
high levels of Driscrimination
Oil and Natural Gas Field Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Owego, NYMarch 12, 2013
Pros: good company to start working for in order to obtain a cdl a license, they will hiring you with a cdl a permit
Cons: no respect and values for employees/drivers, vehicles are unsafe to operate, you won't get your raise when you are expected to, no matter if you work very hard or not
Equipment Operator/Driver/Driver Trainer

You do not want to work here. Specially if you're an African American. As An African American working there I was insulted, called names Such racial slurs, I was told that i am incomprehesible, Everyday I was told that I am slow, I am not smart, Owego Don't have any african american people that lives in it. Out of the three Supervisors, One of them is very knowledge and he is pretty cool and he's willing to teach you. Now the other two, One of them don't really know much about the job. However he'll treat you with respect. Now as far as the last supervisor is concerned, I am can not mention his name on here, so you're going to have to get the job to figure it out yourself. If you do get hired there, It won't take you long to figure out who this slim, tall supervisor is. The camp manager is a liar. He will lie to you about when you'll get your raise. He will shake your hand and look you dead in the eye as he lies to you. The cement coordinator, is very egotistical, he is in need of anger management, and he doesn't know how to deal with people. Their vehicles are currently being fixed by a mechanic that pretends he knows what he is doing, when he really do not. Quite frankly, their vehicles aren't really safe to drive. After long hours of work, you will most likely drive back to the shop. And just when you think you are going home, they will keep you back and force your tired self to repack the pump. There's no glory in being a pump operator. They are also poor in decision makings. Trust me, I worked there for a whole year, and at the end every body hated it. The reason why they are hiring now is because everybody else that works there is looking to leave. Well at least all of their drivers.
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Shelocta, PAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits and employees
Cons: lack of communication from upper management
Challenging place to work. Had to be very detail oriented, allowed me to work indepently. Answered telephones, email, correspondence by telephone, email, regular mail. Worked closely with vendors, ordering supplies, PPE gear, electronics parts. Sent parts, supplies, gear to field employees. Arranged travel for managers, field employees: air fare, car rentals, hotel accomodations. Printed and prepared training manuals for training coordinator. Created & updated spreadsheets of employee personnel information, department of transportation updates, insurance, and weekly field reports regarding the repairs of equipment. Updated the spreadsheets for field equipment/insurance purposes & sent them to HQ. Maintained records of vendors, inventory of field maintenance parts, PPE gear, ordered signage for facility and arranged for installation. Scheduled appointments for managers, and all clerical duties otherwise expected: prepared documents, drawings, manuals, transcribed daily electronics meetings and weekly field reports, posting them on ShareFile for national accessibility. Kept all employee and electronics projects confidential per company policy.