NACCO Materials Handling Group

NACCO Materials Handling Group Employer Reviews

Rewarding & Challenging Environment
Marketing Support Coordinator - Brand Development (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: competitive benefits & salary
Cons: repetitive downsizing & restructure.
Very rewarding work environment with competitive staff and challenging projects.
PARTS ID SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Danville, ILJuly 28, 2014
This is one of the few good places to work left in the area. There isn't a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company.
Stable Organization
HR Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulligent, ALJuly 27, 2014
Great company with great employees and management,
Talented management and employees
great family atmosphere
Productive environemnt
Call Center/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2014
This is a temporary position.

This a manufacturing company.

Handles VERY large call volume. I am on the customer service team. My accounts are Walmart and Home Depot. We dispatch and coordinate service calls for their Yale units. My department makes sure our customer are satisfied 100% after their unit has been repaired. If they are not happy, we – more... go the extra mile to make sure satisfaction is achieved. – less
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee), Berea, KYJune 2, 2014
Pros: on-site breakfast & lunch service
Cons: large plant requires lots of walking
This place has great people and awesome products that make working there enjoyable. You can trust that their product is solid in the market place and that you can build your career with them. Co-workers are like family!
Great Company to work for if you have a clear job description and SOP to work from.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Mayfield Hts, OHDecember 18, 2013
The people there are very nice. Was told the job was a position in development and would be a fast paced position but I found it to be very boring and mundane with most departments dumping the less desirable tasks on the new guy. Given time I could have developed a SOP for the position but that takes more then a couple of months. Executive did not have – more... a clear ideal as to what their needs were and how to direct in an effective manner. – less
Excellent place to work
Commodity Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 12, 2013
Great management, excellent pay and benefits, plus a top-notch team of professionals working by your side.
Its all about who you know
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Greenville, N.C.October 31, 2013
Pros: the money if you can stick it out for ten months
Cons: temps are treated poorly
quite a few of the employees can be brutal at times. If you are not accepted into one of the clicks, or you are a temp, you could have it pretty rough.
Good
Production Supervisor/ Mechanical Engineer III (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 26, 2013
You actively work with the product development teams to solve and improve issues through the use of root cause problem solving techniques. Utilize product design engineering, manufacturing process design, project management, manufacturing cost analysis and quality/failure analysis to ensure that the design intent and customer needs are met and in accordance – more... with NMHG’s goals and objectives. – less
Productive, Innovative and Organized Place to Work
Commodity Manager (Former Employee), New Bremen, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: new product introduction involvement
Cons: travel %
Clear objectives and direction, learned more about electronic systems: development and aftermarket support. Co-workers worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the excessive amount of travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was supplier and engineering interaction and involvement.
Productive workplace, pretty laid back
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulligent, ALAugust 1, 2013
Good company to work for just plan on being there every Saturday
Great environment with independent work space.
Fork Lift Tester (Former Employee), Fairview, ORJune 19, 2013
Pros: cafeteria on campus, understanding on missing work.
Cons: driving outside
Great company culture with inviting management who are flexible and do not micromanage you.
Excellent.
Compatibility/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 20, 2012
Pros: internal promotions to new and higher paying jobs, tuition reimbursement, encouragement to continue your education.
Cons: the company procedure of bumping, when it was time to review their need for manpower, you never knew if you would make it through the cut or not.
NACCO was so complex that you continued to learn new things every day as business practices changed frequently to improve the working environment. You worked pretty much unsupervised unless you were having a problem you needed to request assistance to help solve.I came into the company as a secretary and quickly was promoted to jobs that taught me materials – more... management, scheduling the production of fork lift trucks driven by customer orders. Scheduling was not done unless I could insure all of the materials to build the trucks would be available. Then I moved into Product Supply to begin to deal with the dealers ordering the trucks and performing customer service functions for them. After that, I moved into the Compatibility/Pricing position where I used my talents to publish price pages to the website using file transfer protocol and used FrontPage to edit the website. I worked with our associates in Scotland and Ireland while dealing with the trucks produced in those countries. My co-workers were mature and responsible individuals who were always cordial and nice. I was lucky to have wonderful supervisors. The hardest part of the job was when a big customer had an emergency order for trucks that must be moved up in the schedule and I had to make sure all the materials for those trucks moving up would be available since we had already scheduled different trucks to be built in those time slots. This was pretty much a manual process since after trucks are slotted, at the end of each week, we would remove any material requirements left over in those slots believing we would not be needing them. The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new procedures and incorporating them into the everyday work load. – less
enjoyed the people, not the job
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 28, 2012
Pros: 4 10 hour days per week
My employment with NACCO was short-lived. I found that I was bored with the tasks of the position. The tasks were very similar to some I had done very early in my career with Empire Brushes.
Great benefits and friendly people!
Machinist (Former Employee), Sulligent, ALMay 28, 2012
Pros: great cafeteria, safety, caring people
Cons: night shift, slow advancement
I enjoyed working at nacco. They have competitive pay and benefits. The atmosphere and co-workers are first class! I had a small baby and third shift wasnt working out for me.
Fun place to learn with a very competent group of managers
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee), Danville, ILApril 2, 2012
Pros: no stagnant time, always learning new ways to reduce waste.
Cons: too much to accomplish in one day.
Sourcing of fork lift parts, RFQ's, negotiation of contracts, cost reduction possibilities, encouragement to think out of the box, training in Micro Soft Office, Oliver Wight Training, serving on many teams such as ISO, MRP, Quality Circles, etc.
Merging of two competing brands under one roof brings about an insecure environment.
Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 16, 2011
Pros: higher paying positions in the area
Cons: insecure environment
Not an environment I feel conducive to healthy living.
What a place
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, ScotlandJanuary 21, 2014
Typical old manufacturing Co.

8-9hours/day with some of the best co-workers.

Hardest and probably the best part of this job were the adhoc last minute rushes to complete a job.
Good working environment, but bureaucratic organisation
Territory Manager, Export Sales (Current Employee), Fleet, ENGAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at work:
- On the road, visiting dealers and clients
- Solving problems, following up, closing deals
- Email correspondence, sales admin at the office

What you learned:
- Importance of good customer and internal relations for resolving issues and motivating people
- The need to regularly sort out admin work

Management:
- Genarally approachable, – more... but decision making processes often involve separate deparments

Co-workers:
- Professional, focused, well qualified

Hardest part of the job:
- Following up on emails, reports & enquiries after a long business trip

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Personal contact with interesting, professional people in the company and at dealers and customers – less
Empresa Agradavel
Mecânico Montador (Current Employee), São Paulo, SPNovember 26, 2013
Pros: muitos beneficios
Cons: empresa não automatizada
Montagem e ejuste de eixo diferencial, aprendi muito sobre manutenção de empilhadeiras, pessoas e profissionais muito qualificados e grandes amigos.