NACCO Materials Handling Group Employee Reviews

Operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2017
Working as forklift operator was great. Made sure I received my certificate. No typical day just making sure work hard and follow all procedures. Work with different types of people. Enjoyed my job as a forklift operator
Productive and fun workplace with safety rules to prevent injury
Bulkhead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 17, 2017
Nacco is a great place to work and very easy as well. I learned how to build different parts of the forklift and where they go. Great management. Forklifts are needed everywhere and they make one of the best models for forklifts. The hardest part about working here is making sure all the parts are on the machine before approving and the easiest is just listening.
Very friendly environment
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sulligent, ALSeptember 12, 2016
The employees are very friendly, and family oriented. The company really focuses on employee engagement, health, and satisfaction.
Pros
work/ life balance
Cons
country living
steady work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYAugust 7, 2016
great way into manufacturing industry with nacco showing the way into a great working environment with attention to detail to work station ,management is great and understanding
Pros
stable hrs
Cons
work then lay off
Temp work is exhausting
Machine Operator, through Key Staffing (Former Employee) –  Sulligent, AlApril 19, 2016
Temp work is never fun when you need a full-time job. The work is hard, but worth it if you are hired full-time. You just have to deal with it to get there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
One year temp
Aftermarket Capacity Clerk
Aftermarket Capacity Plates Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 5, 2016
I assist in rating, producing, shipping and sending capacity plates to customers all over. I answer questions, work with the customers and have learned about the forklifts within the company. I love the people that I work with, and I love the job itself.
Cons
I'm a contract employee. I want to be full time.
very good environment
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 5, 2015
A work environment that used the talents of its employees to create the best quality. They relied on the honor system for keeping your time and it worked very good.
Pros
good communication and respect between management and employees
Cons
they had to close down because of cheaper labor overseas
A company going no where
Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 31, 2015
The management will ask why things are not getting better. They receive the answer from the middle managers, but refuse to hold the front line workers accountable for their actions.
Pros
Cons
No accountabilty
Excellent place to work
Senior Material Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2015
This was an excellent place to work. The work was load was at a comfortable pace. Many times it was repetitious and boring which made the day seem long. But management would always find something for you to do. I cannot complain about management with this company. All of my supervisors were excellent.
My position aloud me to speak with other employees of subsidiary plants across the country which was quite enjoyable. Most of the co-workers got along well although you did hear a little gossip hear and their which is typical in most factory environments. The hardest part of my job was speaking with foreign nationalities when I worked in the accounts payable department. I really enjoyed this company the pay rate was decent their are opportunities for advancement and benefits were excellent.
Unfortunately, after eleven and a half years of service I was layed-off due to a large company downsizing. If it wasn't for that I would have still been employed with this company.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Repititious work
test engineer
Validation/Test Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 14, 2015
i work in the test engineer department. trouble shooting and testing new engineer components for the fork lift trucks. very nice facility and area to live in
Conservative, large corporation with job stability and friendly people
Integrated Control Systems Engineer (Engineer II) (Current Employee) –  Fairview, ORFebruary 4, 2015
Typically, I analyze data from forklifts to troubleshoot software bugs associated with warranty claims.

I have learned the basics of LabView, as well as how to code in C.

Management is professional, forgiving, and genuinely interested in personal development of employees.

Coworkers are all very friendly.

The hardest part of my job is struggling to meet deadlines on short notice.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of enhancing myself through learning new things every day.
Pros
Fairly relaxed environment, very forgiving supervisors.
Cons
Loss of meaning in one's life as a consequence of working for a multinational coal company
great place good people
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulligent, ALFebruary 4, 2015
great day at work laidback calm good co workers great breaks and lunch break great atmosphere loved coming to work understandable
A hectic manufacturing facility
Instructor certified and am knowledgeable of all (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Every day was a true challenge, Could not keep any upper management,high turnover
Pros
Employees made it all work together
Cons
Not enough vacation
good place to work
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 22, 2014
I liked the work week - 4 10 hour days per week

I learned and worked with SAP
great place too work do job they treated me right
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYAugust 7, 2014
loved working there left too help my friends company out if you worked hard they would reward you with more paid time off
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
poor health care
Rewarding & Challenging Environment
Marketing Support Coordinator - Brand Development (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2014
Very rewarding work environment with competitive staff and challenging projects.
Pros
Competitive benefits & salary
Cons
Repetitive Downsizing & Restructure.
PARTS ID SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 28, 2014
This is one of the few good places to work left in the area. There isn't a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company.
Stable Organization
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sulligent, ALJuly 27, 2014
Great company with great employees and management,
Talented management and employees
great family atmosphere
Productive environemnt
Call Center/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2014
This is a temporary position.

This a manufacturing company.

Handles VERY large call volume. I am on the customer service team. My accounts are Walmart and Home Depot. We dispatch and coordinate service calls for their Yale units. My department makes sure our customer are satisfied 100% after their unit has been repaired. If they are not happy, we go the extra mile to make sure satisfaction is achieved.
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYJune 2, 2014
This place has great people and awesome products that make working there enjoyable. You can trust that their product is solid in the market place and that you can build your career with them. Co-workers are like family!
Pros
On-site breakfast & lunch service
Cons
Large plant requires lots of walking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NACCO Materials Handling Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2