NADAP Employee Reviews

Amazing
Outreach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
NADAP is a great place to work. I have not been with NADAP long but the experience thus far has been a wonderful experience. The supervisors and directors recognize your skill set and really promote growth within the company. I have 0 complaints about the culture of the agency,clients, benefits, pay, supervisors and directors. NADAP is where I am at and I plan on staying!
Cons
The employees made the job
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  355 Lexington Avenue New York CityJanuary 4, 2018
The employees did make the work rewarding. We worked together to provide exceptional service to our Health Home clients.

Unfortunately, management was uncooperative and the work load was unreasonable
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Cc
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 24, 2017
I’ve listened to staff members have discussions in the shared office space and it’s mostly negative feedback. There seems to be little positive feedback in regards to clinical support and most complain about the demeanor of the supervisors. I’m new to the company but my supervisor is very welcoming and he takes the time to explain situations and train me.
Pros
Supervisor
Cons
Negative feedback from other teams
Receptionist/Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Company where you can interact and meet with new faces on a daily basis. Its a starting point. The President is very friendly and funny. Supervisors work with you to reach your goal.
Working at NADAP was not a pleasant experience for me.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
When I worked at NADAP the program was in its infancy stage, and very unorganized. I was hired as a Care Manager but was expected to do Outreach as well. .
Pros
Assisting clients with obtaining the necessary services.
Cons
management, no training
Great Transitional Position
Care Coordination Navigator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 25, 2017
It's not a bad job. It's relaxed and you make your own schedule. The hardest part about the job (for me) is chasing clients who are lost to services; especially if they have been hospitalized. Program enrollment is voluntary therefore you have to be able to switch between engaging clients with customer service and applying clinical interventions. Policies require you to contact clients and have documentation completed within two days so you need to be able to prioritize and be creative with your approach to getting your work done. The best advice I can give is keep to yourself, schedule by zip code, document all attempts to engage clients and take care of yourself. Set boundaries, ask questions. NADAP is great; they believe in training and investing in their employees. Agency promotes self-care. Number pushing is prevelent in most agencies--I suggest you get used to it. If you're coming from a residential work environment you will appreciate the change.
Pros
Open space set up, free coffee/tea, flexible hours, clean bathrooms, tons of trainings
Cons
High turnover
Nice place to work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2017
NADAP is a great place to work with the right supervisor. You will be able to grow within the company if you work hard. Many employee appreciation events.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
some supervisors are not as good as others
Very unprofessional place
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  355 LexingtonOctober 15, 2017
There are so many unprofessional people at the supervisory level of this company, it’s like I'm back in high school/middle school. The conversations I hear at supervisory level are ridicules. There are favorite people, which get special treatment. There is no across the board treatment from management or HR, they bend the rules to what fits their needs. Management gives themselves and friends raises as forms of promotions faithfully while the small guys suffer. There is no room to grow. Staff leaves this agency almost every week. Every week someone is quitting or getting fired. Save yourself years of frustrations.
Previous reviews are accurate
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2017
Few good things I can say about the company is that there is support from SOME upper management members and co workers.

Supervisors were terrible. They favored only their friends or those of the same race. White privileged staff members. Supervisors always chit chatting and gossiping in each other’s office. Supervisors would micro manage while doing little work. Workplace was ran too much like a high school . Training was a joke based on who was the trainer. The only way to get ahead in the company is too suck up to the higher ups. That's how the supervisors got promoted. It sure wasn't for their skills.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Micro management
Stressful
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2017
Working as an OES has its highs and lows unfortunately more lows than highs. The job is stressful and the pay is ridiculous with changes occurring weekly. I wish the higher ups would see the hard work we are doing and increase salaries. The management needs to review their style and realize this is not working and is destroying the company.
Pros
Helping the people that need the help
Cons
A lot of expectations
Cut throat
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2017
Care Coordinator Supervisors old and new are cut throat! Surprisingly the best review is from a current supervisor.. don’t be fooled they are part of the problem....next step eeoc...
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Supervisors cut throat, Director is bias
Amazing Nonprofit
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 28, 2017
I can easily say NADAP is the best place I have ever worked. I've worked with several nonprofits in both direct service and management positions. I had just accepted that ineffective management and chronic burn-out was the norm. Working at NADAP has completely changed my perspective and I could not be happier with my current position. Yes, the work can be stressful, but that's what you sign up for when you enter social services. The expectations at NADAP are fair and the work affords you a lot of autonomy and flexibility. All direct service staff are provided monthly metrocards, cell phones and either a laptop or tablet. There is a great deal of support from the entire team. Every person on the management team, including the director, has an open door policy to encourage staff to seek support whenever needed. There are monthly birthday celebrations, frequent staff appreciation events, coffee/breakfast hours and a bi-monthly "town hall," where staff from all levels are encouraged to meet with the director to share any suggestions or concerns they have about the program. The health homes program is very quickly growing, which means a lot of advancement opportunities. Care coordinators who provide great services are encouraged to apply for senior positions and NADAP always tries to promote from within when possible. I'm not generally the type to post reviews, but I was really surprised by some of the negative comments on here and I felt compelled to add my experience. Not only do I intend to stay here for a very long time but I've been actively trying to recruit people from my  more... previous job because I know how much happier they'd be here.  less
Pros
Supportive environment, flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons
None for me.
Unfair treatment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smith StreetSeptember 24, 2017
My supervisor created a most unpleasant atmosphere throughout the team . Her conduct and the atmosphere which she has created has destroyed the performance of the team. She recruited stars and then destroyed them by the way she treated us.
The higher ups were aware of the way she treated us and by the way her conduct has undermined the self confidence of the team but they have done nothing to deal with the situation in the way they should have. There were many complaints and “meetings” about this however again nothing done. I feel sorry for the staff members who are still on the team that would have to deal with the what I had to deal with.The next step will be EEOC complaints.
Pros
Birthday cake, pleasant co workers
Cons
Supervisor
cut throat management
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, Manhattan NYSeptember 21, 2017
Managements is all over the place, transitions happen on a daily basis. The supervisors micro manage and staff are over-worked with little compensation/recognition.
benefits
Cons
micro managing, constant transitions, and high expectations with little compensation
Micro managing
Outreach Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Supervisors treat their employees like children. Micro managing, and down talking.

Management does not trust their employees and they are all over the place.
Cons
The supervisors harass
Review
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Pros about working at this company is helping individuals in need. The management of the HHCC program is poor based on which team you are placed on. Requested to be transferred to another team and was denied.
Pros
co workers are great and helping individuals in need
Cons
Supervisor
Great place to work based on who supervises you.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Was employed at NADAP for over 6 months. At first this was the best job ever until my supervisor started displaying some strange characteristics. She had issues with team members and showed it outrightly- calling a CC's daughter an animal during the team meeting then only speaking to team members to inform them of what they were doing incorrectly to her standard yet within the companies policies. she was informed by CC of a client's death and she had no support or empathy to the CC or the situation. I could not have continued working in this high school atmosphere where your own supervisor acts like a bully.
Pros
Great co workers who supports each other
Cons
Supervisor lacked experience and empathy
Stressful work place.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I learned a lot during my employment here, but it was hard to communicate with client's in office due to noisy distractions. It was also poorly organized and there was slow advancement for certain individuals. Most individuals are promised services that are impossible to provide. Housing makes employees job more difficult to do. Overloaded case load. Difficulty meeting with most client's due to homelessness or refusing to meet. Organization expects miracles from their employees and shows no regard for employees who meet in very dangerous neighborhoods with clients. Very stressful position almost making it impossible to go on vacation or be absent in the event one becomes ill. Attempting to locate and communicate with homeless clients was extremely difficult. Has a high employee overturn rate due to unrelenting workload.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping individuals who needed the assistance.
not that bad
Outreach and Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
It was not a bad place to work. There were some things that was not good. Start in the field finding clients or consumers to sign up with out program.
Pros
little to no over-time
Cons
not for me
Racist /discriminatory place and they don't hide it
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smith StreetSeptember 1, 2017
Blacks have to leave because they are not appreciated. They work so hard not to get the promotion that they deserve. While whites who don't do work get promoted, says something about this agency. I've seen great coworkers & great supervisors leave because of the treatment. Before you know it the only race that will be left at this agency is the race of the dominant upper management. Sounds like that's what they want. Don't do it don't work here.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Managemnt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NADAP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9