Naf Naf Grill Employee Reviews

Low stress
Team Member (Current Employee) –  U of MNovember 28, 2017
Good place to work, flexible hours, low stress. Manager could be more effective at delegating tasks. Fair pay and opportunity for advancement within the company.
Hills and Valleys
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 3, 2017
Working at Naf Naf Grill is both the most fun, and most stressful jobs I've ever had. The upper management is very degrading, w/ no positive feedback. We have a great staff, and simple recipes, but terrible guidelines and unattainable expectations for shifts and efficiency.
Pros
Free food, good staff, great location
Cons
No consideration for personal life, no positivity, no support from upper management
alsome place to eat great customer service
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 8, 2017
quite smooth running how to be a team player great management its a middle eastern play you can watch new people who never tried the food come enjoy their selves
middle eastern restaurant
Cashier/ Front Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
Naf Naf Grill is a very fast paced restaurant. It is a very relaxed environment. There are different job positions they can offer you. I would greet and prepare hot meals for our customers.
Great culture experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
Poor management a very fast pace environment. Great fresh food. Educational and cultural experience. Clean and for the most part organized. Hard to resist the food.
Non Stop Working and Micro Manage You
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
The culture here is boring. It's non stop do it the naf naf way. They micro manage you to death and no one will ever compliment you for any of your hard work or effort they just say it's the naf naf way. The employees at all the stores hate coming to work everyday and talk badly about working there everyday. Horrible
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Understaffed
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 16, 2017
We were understaffed a lot of the time and so we had to constantly get people from other stores. No real attendance policy was enforced or explained, so people often did not show up for work. My shifts were nearly all open to close, a lot of swing shifts to work for managers that took time off.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Extra work (that could be solved by hiring additional people)
Exiting and Fun place to work
Genreal Manager - Dates of Employment (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 31, 2017
Feed the masses with freshly made every day, middle eastern food

interact with customers and learn about new cultures

provide a healthy option in the fast food industry
Pros
Great food
apply here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
this is not job is a career and its more about the culture they teach and the amazing fact that anyone can move up without any experience. great management staff
Pros
culture, growth
Cons
nothing
Good food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 15, 2017
Good food nice place to eat. Very nice people ok management not alot of hours.. The chicken and steak are very good. Pitas are wonderful and fresh eveey day
Pros
Great food
Cons
Slow paced
learnable workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 15, 2016
good customer service, nice supervisor, and friendly employees. learning about food from different cultures. tasting the different flavors in the food
Great company, great culture!
Support Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2016
All leaders strive to make long-term, informed hiring decisions to support the aggressive growth plan. They have a collaborative work environment and everyone in the support center is great to work with! Great food, great people, and great plan to growth!
Pros
Unlimited paid time off, opportunity for advancement
Cons
As any growing company, experiencing some growing pains however it creates learning opportunities.
friendly work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 28, 2016
I waited on customers, prepared their orders and charged them accordingly. Cleaned work area and prepared for the next shift.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough work, no chance of advancement
They were very flexible with my school schedule
Front Line (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Most days I had to work in a very fast paced environment as I usually worked during the lunch or dinner rush. I learned to keep a calm head and work effectively in such an environment. My managers were very understanding when it came to my schedule and time I needed off. The hardest part of my job were the physical aspects of it. The most enjoyable part of it was working with the customers. I am a people person and love to make people smile. I feel this job improved my customer service skills
Enjoyable & serious
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 2, 2016
For being at Naf Naf a year; I've learned many things. I've learned to cook, clean, and I've improved my customer service skills. I enjoy coming in to my shifts because I like my coworkers and I enjoy what I do whether it'd be cooking, cash, or dish washing. I can joke around with my fellow workers but we also know when to be serious and have a sense of urgency. It's always fun getting a new employee and showing them the ways of Naf Naf. I don't think there really isn't hard about working at Naf Naf. Just come with a clean uniform and smile and you're set.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Mostly on your feet
good company,
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
enjoyed my time there and would return if I had to. Management, & staff are all hard working, cool, individuals. Very busy during lunch hours like don't take the kids and grandma busy, super fast paced and very upbeat environment. O, YOU BETTER LERAN SOME ESPONOL LOL
Pros
Free food, Easy work
Cons
Need a food handlers, and you got to buy the spanish rosetta stone cds
Unorganized and unprofessional group money hungry
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2016
Worked 60-70 hours a weekly and their management team was terrible. Support system is not resourceful and unwilling to help. No wonder no one wants to work for them
Pros
Good food
Cons
Management team lacks leadership and work ethic
Fast-growing restaurant company = fast growing career opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
The Naf is filled with awesome people that really care about each other. For instance one of the company mantas is "make people successful"

In whatever role you have at Naf Naf, there is plenty of support to ensure you're set up for success. If you want to grow with the company then there are always opportunities available to do!
Pros
Tons of career opportunity, delicious food, genuine people, authentic relationships
Cons
Not really a con but its a fast-paced environment so you need to be ready for that
Fast paced, non stop work, rewarding, overbearing micromanaging upper managment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Prospect, IllinoisMay 22, 2015
A typical day of work at NafNaf Grill as a General Manager consists of 3 roles; full time line worker, Managing, and sanitation/dishwasher.

I learned how to control labor, schedule, control inventory and how to hire/fire employees.

The staff I trained were amazing! I asked so much of them and they worked hard!

The hardest part of my job would be dealing with upper management. Most District managers work 2-5 stores and come in regularly, which would be fine but the company preaches "relentless criticism" (to better their management?) which is never positive. Also the DM's and Corporate trainers started as hourly employees which is great! But they are not formally trained managers, MOST are verbally abusive, childish, vindictive, unprofessional and misguided in their attempts to HELP there GM's succeed. Every Corporate staff has their own way a store should be, so you can imagine how frustrating it is when you deal with 2 to 3 in a given week, all saying different polices are correct. Their have been 6 General managers in 1 year at my location, that to me says that there is a problem with corporate. I loved my job as a General manager even when i worked 55+ hours a week and 21 days straight..yes that's right it is extremely common to work your off days every week. And don't bother calling for help, its funny because when you need it everyone is busy, and when your store is running smooth and nicely it is crawling with corporate looking hard for anything to slam you with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was building such a strong team connection with my staff,
  more... I've never before seen employees help each other so much without my asking.

If i could do it again I wouldn't accept any promotion at this time from the company because of upper management. That said, Most are new and have minimal skills at running multiple stores. I see a bright future for this company, i just hope they fix their true problem with upper management instead of flipping through GM's to cover their own mistakes.

Hopefully in a couple years time they will have unified policy and procedure and proper upper management.
Pros
Free chicken pita and soda.
Cons
Horrible, unqualified, unprofessional, upper management.
Fast Paced, Family-like work envionment in a rapidly growing Chicago chain
Front Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMay 12, 2015
One of the things I liked most about working at Naf Naf grill was the broadness of tasks there were to get done everyday. Employees were encouraged to have a sense of 'full responsibility' for the store, no matter if the employee was a manager or a dishwasher. This empowered me to be feel fully accountable for the store, its infrastructure, and its customers. A typical day at Naf Naf Grill would include preparing food for the service line, cleaning the store, restocking food, condiments, and drinks, preparing food-to-order for customers, assessing inventory, and providing the highest quality customer service. All of our crew were accountable, hard workers which really helped in showing the integrity of the store. Everyone was proud to work there. The managers were very involved in the daily tasks of the store which contributed to the family atmosphere of the employees. However, one of the managers was very new and inexperienced and would often make mistakes such as forgetting to give me my paycheck, and not filling the schedule correctly so that we were often short-staffed during the busiest times. This was probably the most difficult aspect of my employment.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner. Sufficient breaks
Cons
No healthcare benefits. Inexperienced Managment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Naf Naf Grill. Our community is ready to answer.