Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company Employee Reviews

Very Competive and Stressful
Fork-lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 16, 2017
It is a good place to work but at times it can be very stressful trying to make their quota for the month. Upper management is very good right now, safety is very important , and most employees are very helpful.
Professional and reputable
Senior Supply Chain Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Nalco Champion was a very good company to work for with a large company backing it in ECOLAB. The company backed me in the leadership role that I was given the opportunity to manage and up hold.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Cameras and monitoring devices in all trucks
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I would recommend working at this company. Working for the Engineers allows you to learn about what they do and gives you new experiences. Also the guys in the Maintenance shop are the best guys to work with.
Pros
It is a great place to work
Deepwater Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 30, 2017
I was an idiot to leave this company, I worked at my own pace and was able to get my work done and still spend time with my family. The bonus structure was fantastic.
Summary
Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 24, 2017
I have the opportunity to gain a lot of hand on knowledge of chemicals and operations experience. I have worked with a lot of great people that I have I can call friends.
Pros
People
Cons
no comment
fun
Sr Chemical Load (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKAugust 13, 2017
Pros:

I really enjoyed my colleagues, they were all really great people to work along side.(Please note, almost 50% of CS San Mateo has left Indeed within the last 3 months, this turnover should be telling)

Many snacks, free food for breakfast daily and for lunch once a week. Wii U in the office, Mario Kart.

Depending on where you are coming from, Indeed can be a great place to build your skill set. If you hone in on certain aspects of the role, you will become much more marketable in the Bay Area after working for Indeed.

Convenient location right off of 101 and 92.

Cons:Favoritism is the biggest issue the San Mateo office has. Certain people get more support and resources then others. This is fine sometimes, but everyday it gets old quick. It really depletes from the culture, and when the wrong people are promoted, it looks like this favoritism is actually driving the direction of the company culture.

Indeed says its a company interested in feedback from employees, but this is not actually the case. Expect gas lighting, and expect to be a "yes man" and nothing else. Not only will your feedback go unheard, it can often count against you later. General processes are also ill communicated between management and teams.

There is almost no advancement within the San Mateo office because there are only two departments that sit there. While Indeed will tell you that it cares about your career and your advancement within the company, I have seen a very small percentage move up internally. I saw far more qualified people rejected for internal roles.
fun place to work great interaction with customers. excellent safety culture.
truck treating specialist (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMJuly 27, 2017
worked throughout the San Juan basin saw unbelievable sights met and worked with some wonderful people. would definitely recommend this job to anyone. corporate downsizing laid me off or i would finished my working career working there.
District Representative III (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 17, 2017
Working at Nalco Champion for four and half years provided me experience and knowledge right after college graduation that I otherwise would not have received.
Pros
Autonomy, pay, benefits, time at home
Cons
Lack of employee training/advancement
Solid place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 18, 2017
good place to work. decent pay. best to work in place with nice amenites because living/working in desolate places brings in the same salary as living somewhere nicer.
Racist company
Office Administrator/Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 15, 2017
The company has no advancement for people of color. They will hire people of color on contract bases and not give any advancement.. if you have a problem and you talk about it, you will get fired for no reason
Cons
racial profiling and sexism
Loved the work and people
District Administrator 02C Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 12, 2017
I loved processing orders and the sales team. After 4 years i am still in the same position, so there was no room for advancement. Every day is fast paced and something new.
Work you till you drop
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TXJune 2, 2017
Worked at Fresno facilty for many years. Good people, poor management from shift sups and up. Total incompetance. Dupont schedule is great, but you dont actually get much time off. There is always someone calling in.
Pros
Plenty of opertunity for OT
Cons
Incompetent management
it a good place to work
CHEMICAL PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, TXMay 1, 2017
get the reactor up and running .Learn about the different chemical management work with you it was a good place to work teamwork get use to work at night coming to work every day
It was a job with good benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TX 75833April 25, 2017
I would take chemicals to location and fill the tubs. The different between oil and water chemical. Was ok i guess. Getting up and down on the truck to unload your product. When they cooked.
Pros
when they cook
Cons
They do not mine letting you go for nothing
Great team environment who encourage growth and opportunities
Logistics Analyst ll, Energy Services (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 22, 2017
Great team environment and culture. Very professional and highly skilled team. Encourage culture and training to grow and develop in your career. Support growth.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
More internal opportunities
Was a great place to work until Ecolab bought the company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXApril 20, 2017
When I was first hired it was a great place to work. The managers where there to help with your needs in holding current accounts and seeking new accounts. Then Ecolab came into the picture. After that the raises and promotions stopped.The focus had changed and the good managers where terminated or left on their own.
Pros
Not a office sales job
Cons
A lot of driving, and the continuing threat of lay offs.
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  Price, UTApril 18, 2017
This a a good company to work for everyone is nice and easy to get along with. If you want the work its there , If you need a day off they let you without all the grumbling , Its a really good company to work for
Good stability
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 10, 2017
Job has an opportunity for stability. sometimes the hours are long, and the job can definitely get stressful. but overall it is a good place to make a steady paycheck.
Enjoyable job for the money but with a lot of strings
Chemical Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDApril 8, 2017
As a treater truck driver servicing ConocoPhillips wells it's a great job with no supervision and start and end time is all up to you as long as you get the route done.
Pay was good till upper management cut the cost of living forcing all drivers to take a $3.50 pay cut.
The cab installed Cameras record your every move and based on a point system you could be terminated at 15 acquired. Massive paperwork and constant exposure to chemicals is a huge downfall. The onboard intelex system is outdated and needs a software update which is an empty promise by upper management. If you don't mind being micromanaged and attending mandatory weekly safety meetings with Nalco and the oil companies monthlys to put you behind and late starts with your route than this is the job for you. Good luck.
Pros
Dictate the route start time
Cons
Empty promises by supervisors, unrealistic amount of paperwork
Pressure sales oriented
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 30, 2017
This company prefers college graduates, the upper management opportunities seam to only pramote accounting, economic and financial graduates. There is a lot of pressure put on gernerating sales to the major oil producers
Pros
don't have to punch a clock & pay is good
Cons
everything is driven on sales growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company Reviews by Location