Nalco Water, An Ecolab Company Employee Reviews

Decent Place to work
District Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2017
Cool innovation and leading company in the industry. I've enjoyed working here. The extensive training I have received is top notch. Some of upper management seem to genuinely care about their employees which is nice.
Pros
innovation, presence
Cons
red tape, administrative duties
Life at Nalco
SharePoint Intern (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 28, 2017
Nalco was a great place to work as an intern with a good hourly rate as well. The work that the company required as an intern was just enough to keep me busy and help me learn more about SharePoint and it's functions. The employees and management were great and very helpful as well.
Great company to work for that will help you understand running your own business
District Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Company has allowed me to have a hands on experience in running company but from a person who wants to grow in sales, sales rep position is too service oriented. Company would be excellent if company model allowed reps to spend most of time selling and calling on new customers over running monthly analytical test and writing reports.
Pros
Company car, autonomy, expense card
Cons
Too much service for sales reps
Great people, pay and benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 3, 2017
Great Company to work for.Great people, the pay is good and the benefits are good. No opportunity for myself at the location I am at. I would have to relocate or go to another location for advancement according to HR.
Pros
People, pay scale & benefits are all really good
Cons
Not allot of opportunity for everyone only certain scales.
Great place to work with good pay and benefits
Senior District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Enjoyed the challenge of all the projects on my plate. With recent purchase of Nalco to Ecolab there were too many management changes.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Constant management changes
A good well established company with great people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 24, 2017
Nalco Champion is a good company with excellent training programs to get new hires up and successful. They have very competitive wages and adequate benefits.
would not reccommed this place to work at
Technical Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 16, 2017
No room for advancement, company doesn't care about their employees and it all about who you know if you want to get anywhere, not your experience, dedication or knowledge.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
work life balance and not feeling appreciated
great company
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Worked with KBR for 15 years. They took care of me and my family. I learnt everything from the ground up. One of the best contractor companies in the world.
Pros
Overtime and pay
Excelente
Aplicación Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dominican RepublicDecember 30, 2016
Excelente compañía para trabajar. Tiene mucha estabilidad y se asegura de la preparación para el crecimiento profesional. Una contra es el crecimiento lento dentro de la compañía.
Pros
Estabilidad
Cons
Crecimiento lento
good place to work always busy
Chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Hughesville, PADecember 19, 2016
was a good place to work industry took a downturn or would still be there always moving around not sitting in one spot worked with a good group of people
Pros
good money
Cons
continuous days out of town with no real schedule

Want to know more about Nalco Water, An Ecolab Company?

Ask a question
They gave me the opportunity to reach management level
Inventory Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 9, 2016
Good opportunities for growth.
lots of autonomy and responsibility
Typical day; busy, busy, busy
Management; lots of autonomy
co-workers; politics involved
Hardest part of job; too many hours, decreasing value of salary
pest part; good opportunity to grow
Pros
Good opportunities for growth
Good company to work for
Senior Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ticonderoga, NYDecember 2, 2016
I had an excellent experience with Nalco Water, until due to corporate cost cutting measures my position was eliminated. Overall it was an excellent experience and I gained a great deal of knowledge throughout my career with them.
Diverse job duties with plenty to learn
Technical Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 13, 2016
Able to interact with a wide variety of different people on a daily basis while learning about various and different industries. There is always something new to learn at Nalco. Lots of variety and autonomy. Management was excellent. Manager knew we all worked hard and when it was time for team building or other group outings he ensured we had a lot of fun as well. If you need to be around co-workers daily or need to punch a time clock, this is not a job for you.
Pros
Company truck with gas card, autonomy, lots to learn, growth potential is huge
Cons
Lots of hours (60 - 70/week), local travel, mostly, some out of town travel requiring over night stays, can go several weeks without seeing co-workers
Lack of real training & leadership commitment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 30, 2016
First company I ever worked for with no real employee training on their Nalco equipment that I was installing,troubleshooting and repairing. Most of the lower level employees were awesome to work with. Management was unorganized and did not take services seriously enough for me. The company promises customers professional service on equipment but has no official training on the very equipment service techs are working on. They just passed me around to employees in the field. I was taught multiple ways on how to service equipment from different people and no one seemed to know how to do paperwork, reports nor was there consistency in the proper way to install and work on the Nalco owned equipment.
Pros
take home vehicle
Cons
no training
Lots of Opportunity
Technical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 23, 2016
Nalco was a great place to work because I was in different accounts every day. I learned a lot about water treatment and working directly with customers. Travel was minimal most of the time and I made great contacts.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for advancement, well rewarded with team building events
Cons
Lots of hours. I was working 60 - 70 hrs/week, salaried, not OT.
Talent Acquisition
Talent Acquisition /Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 11, 2016
Everyday recruiting activities. Working with your internal customers to ensure we are attracting and retaining top talent. Full cycle recruiting activities.
It's A Job
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 7, 2016
Working for Nalco is convenient because it is a place where you can make decent pay but work close to home. As the oil industry changes, the company seems to be pushing away from the Nalco Champion and emerging as Nalco Water or solely Ecolab. Thats frustrating.
Pros
No MicroManagement
Cons
Separation within the company, benefits
Nalco was a great place to work.
Energy Services Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 4, 2016
My management was top-notched and they really cared about their employees work life balance. I made a lot of life long friends during my time at Nalco.
able to work with my boss and also able to work unsupervised for the weekend.
professional chemical delivery specialist. (Current Employee) –  Decherd, TNJune 2, 2016
hours worked is 8 hours split shift.
able to go in go over what needs to be done.
able to work unsupervised for the entire weekend to get all jobs done.
Pros
unsupervised work that meets their satisfaction.
Cons
split shifts working days and back to nights.
fun workplace with alot of challenges
New York Metro and Northern NJ Service Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
great management, very challenging. worked with a lot of chemicals. worked close with the supervisor. a lot of overtime. management took time to explain and teach tin areas the service leads did nor know.
Pros
everything
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nalco Water, An Ecolab Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval