Nalco Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Logistics specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Lots of work to do. Good people. Environmentally friendly. Safety and Customer Service are first and foremost.

Good location and benefits with reasonable pay.
able to work with my boss and also able to work unsupervised for the weekend.
professional chemical delivery specialist. (Current Employee) –  Decherd, TNJune 2, 2016
hours worked is 8 hours split shift.
able to go in go over what needs to be done.
able to work unsupervised for the entire weekend to get all jobs done.
Pros
unsupervised work that meets their satisfaction.
Cons
split shifts working days and back to nights.
Great company
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Cares about the environment and water scarcity. Safety is first and foremost at this company.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
Groing through many changes / new managers
fun workplace with alot of challenges
New York Metro and Northern NJ Service Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
great management, very challenging. worked with a lot of chemicals. worked close with the supervisor. a lot of overtime. management took time to explain and teach tin areas the service leads did nor know.
Pros
everything
Cons
long days
Nalco was a great place to work.
Energy Services Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 4, 2016
My management was top-notched and they really cared about their employees work life balance. I made a lot of life long friends during my time at Nalco.
Over all ok., Not the greatest but survivable.
Chemical Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Karnes City, TXJune 14, 2013
i deliver chemical to oil and gas wells. I do see that there is a lot of room for advancement within this company if hired as a driver.
Although I have been compensated well with this company, I am ready to leave to find somewhere where advancement is a possibility for me.
I would have preferred to have more time off to pursue personal interests. It often felt as though my life revolved around work.
Management is often disorganized and punitive toward the drivers when the drivers cannot make improvements due to time constraints.
Pros
decent compensation.
Cons
no possibility for advancement.
Nice place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 11, 2016
great place to work with friendly people. very professional environment. Lots a great benefits as well. very stable and reliable place to work.
Overall, it was a good place to work. We had company get-togethers, occasional free lunches, and safety awards for meeting guidelines.
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 12, 2012
In a typical day at work, I would fill containers for shipment according to customer orders. I would help to load drumlines with required drums for orders. (Plastic or steel drums)
I learned what different hazard codes meant and the proper protection equipment for filling containers.
Management, for the most part, was helpful, but in some cases, employee and safety problems were not addressed until something bad had happened.
My co-workers were easy to get along with and were helpful.
The hardest part of the job was putting on a chemical suit on hot days to fill containers. This had to be done, though, to protect me from harm.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to get the orders out in a timely manner and satisfying our customers.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
intense heat in summertime. unwillingness, at times, of management to address working conditions until something bad happens.
Great place to gain experience
R&D (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 11, 2015
This place is a great opportunity to gain experience and move on. No benefits for technicians, no sick days, no paid holidays.
Wasn't much fun to work for the company.
District Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 26, 2013
Opportunities for advancement limited. Many benefits such as company vehicles, medical/dental, retirement, etc... were reduced or eliminated. I was transferred to another division which I didn't want to be a part of. Employees didn't have any choice but to accept transfers or reassignments or take early retirement option if qualified.
Pros
zero
Cons
paperwork requirements were incredibly time consuming.
great work enviorment, management taught me alot
New York Metro and Northern NJ Service Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
great job even though it was part time. my manager was very easy going and willing to take time to teach and have a connection with his workers.
Manufacturing, Sugar Land, Tx
Lab analyst (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TxJuly 24, 2013
A close knit group of many relatives working on production side. It is difficult to advance due to management not being fair to all employees. The hardest part of working here is putting up with things that are obviously wrong. This place has the worst mangers ever on the manufacturing side.
Pros
pay decent
Cons
benefits aren't great
Graet to make money long hours five days a week great benefits
Well Treating Specialist, Truck Driver Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMDecember 23, 2012
long hours management not to good great out door in the oilfield
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
management is is like big brother watching over you
Wonderful culture, growth, and opportunities.
Strategic Planner (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land.June 24, 2012
My future is strong, days filled with dynamic supply chain challenges. Opportunities associated with a steady growth in energy services - product allocation, capacity analysis, long term production scheduling, supply chain analysis, cost analysis, etc. I love everything about supply chain - from inception to customer delivery, the project executions, process improvements, and the interdepartmental interactions. Management is supportive and offers plenty of praise, however, we have 3 of my 5 positions open in our department associated with employee attrition complicated with departmental growth, leaving me as the manager taking on 3 simultaneously different roles for over the 6 months so that our internal customers don't get impacted. This has left me stressed, and working nearly 60 hours a week. My Work/Life balance has been out of proportion for too long. The challenge we phase with hiring replacements is the market. Nalco is known for as secure company to work for with low salaries. So combine the time I put in, the outlook of no new hires, and a low salary, I am hoping to find a better fit for me. I've addressed my concerns with management who have expressed concern, but openly admit, they are not going to offer salary increases and they are unable to gaurantee head count to support the work load. I love supply chain, I love the hard work, but at somepoint, there needs to be a balance - and I don't have this now. As a star employee, representing all supply chain, I am the first person other departments go to for support, so in this intance, working harder and being the best  more... employee I can be, has only overwhelmed me and made consider exploring other opportunities.  less
Needs better retirement
Loader/Unloader Operator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 21, 2014
Nalco is a challenging place to work,
There are too many chiefs and not enough indians so the safety is not what it should be.
Pros
close to home
benefits
customer sales driven company
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, WYOctober 2, 2015
Fast paced work environment that's struggling with the merger of two large chemical companies. Has some great programs for College students, however.
Great company
Research Lab tech. /Research Chemist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 8, 2015
A good place to work, and nice people and with a smile on there face, all the time when you see them, It makes my day! The coworker are smart people and know there job
great company with a solid reputation for people first
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Finance Manager,
• Provide monthly financial variance analysis and reporting around Gross Margins and pricing for over $160 Million in Sales.
• Present and create new metrics and variances with solutions to leadership team
• Provide pricing for sales managers and teams for quotes to customers.
• Perform cost analytics for leadership teams using access.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
few team building activities
difficult work environment, many regulations, dangerous and hazoadous materials
Account Manager, New Water (Former Employee) –  Braidwood, ILDecember 27, 2014
Managed and andled multiple tasks in a strickly controlled environment for revenues exceeding $2MM annually. Managed support team scheduling repairs and operations accordingly. Maintained records and data daily.

Provided weekly meetings, monthly meetings and annual meeting with key top Exelon personnel.

Worked on emergency task forces as needed.
Pros
people
Cons
extremely long hours 24/7
good company for career minded people
Well Treating Specialist, Truck Driver Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMNovember 26, 2012
Work is long days an average of 12 hours per day and hectic. You must be ready to get used to smelly checicals all day out in the oil field teating oil wells. the management is employee oriented yet very diciplened and tough. most co workers were not happy they are inexperinced and there only for the pay which is very good for a truck driver working five days a week. The best part of the work is you get to be in the great outdoors of New Mexico. The worst part of the job is bad weather days in the winter and some summer days. Chaining up a truck hard and heavy work in mud and snow. Very good bebefits.
Pros
great pay some room for advancemant beneifits are good
Cons
bad weather and tough managers.