Nalco

Nalco Employer Reviews

Great product
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee), LagosFebruary 27, 2014
Small company. Growth pains. Good customer service. Very creative in product development and niche offerings.
my opinion
Kelly Temp Service (Former Employee), Richardson TexasFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: i felt scared to want to be there.
Cons: i had a job.
Lacked effective, positive management skills. I really didn't stay long with them and because of the management skills it was hard to feel secure and self worth.
Productive and Fun Workplace
GSS Production Team/ Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Fresno, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Nalc-Champion has given me one the best opprtunities I have every come accross in my adult life. Great place to work, wonderful people, innovative ideas and as well encourgement and many opportunites to learn new things. Although I am a contract worker, I truly enjoy working for this company.
Productive and fun work place
Maintenance / Material Handler (Former Employee), South Gate, CASeptember 18, 2013
Would come in early morning and start doing waste treatment.
I learned how to use many valves and how to be very careful with hazardous material. Got along with all my co-workers and the company is under good managment. I loved everything about this job and if i could find another job doing the same thing i would be so happy.
geat place to work
Nalco Fellow (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 28, 2013
creative work environment
working with knowledgeable co-workers
Manufacturing, Sugar Land, Tx
Lab analyst (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TxJuly 24, 2013
Pros: pay decent
Cons: benefits aren't great
A close knit group of many relatives working on production side. It is difficult to advance due to management not being fair to all employees. The hardest part of working here is putting up with things that are obviously wrong. This place has the worst mangers ever on the manufacturing side.
very good group
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), StPaul,MNJuly 15, 2013
Nalco is a very sales oriented company that does a good job of training you on sales
Wasn't much fun to work for the company.
District Account Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 26, 2013
Pros: zero
Cons: paperwork requirements were incredibly time consuming.
Opportunities for advancement limited. Many benefits such as company vehicles, medical/dental, retirement, etc... were reduced or eliminated. I was transferred to another division which I didn't want to be a part of. Employees didn't have any choice but to accept transfers or reassignments or take early retirement option if qualified.
Over all ok., Not the greatest but survivable.
Chemical Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Karnes City, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: decent compensation.
Cons: no possibility for advancement.
i deliver chemical to oil and gas wells. I do see that there is a lot of room for advancement within this company if hired as a driver.
Although I have been compensated well with this company, I am ready to leave to find somewhere where advancement is a possibility for me.
I would have preferred to have more time off to pursue personal interests. It – more... often felt as though my life revolved around work.
Management is often disorganized and punitive toward the drivers when the drivers cannot make improvements due to time constraints. – less
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
EH&S Consultant (Former Employee), NEW YORKMarch 19, 2013
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
hard to get hired full time
Maintenance Mechanic- Excel Contractor (Current Employee), sugarland txFebruary 25, 2013
complete work orders that your group leader has handed out
a lot about plant environment
fair
fun and nice to work with
nothing
free food
District Rep (Current Employee), N/AJanuary 25, 2013
Good place to work. The people are very friendly and care about one another. But the work/life balance can be a bit difficult to adjust due to the work demand.
nice place, management is ok
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), norco,la.January 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: pay, no advancement
everything to do with water treatment and chemical application
Graet to make money long hours five days a week great benefits
Well Treating Specialist, Truck Driver Group Lead (Former Employee), Aztec, NMDecember 23, 2012
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: management is is like big brother watching over you
long hours management not to good great out door in the oilfield
good company for career minded people
Well Treating Specialist, Truck Driver Group Lead (Former Employee), Aztec, NMNovember 26, 2012
Pros: great pay some room for advancemant beneifits are good
Cons: bad weather and tough managers.
Work is long days an average of 12 hours per day and hectic. You must be ready to get used to smelly checicals all day out in the oil field teating oil wells. the management is employee oriented yet very diciplened and tough. most co workers were not happy they are inexperinced and there only for the pay which is very good for a truck driver working – more... five days a week. The best part of the work is you get to be in the great outdoors of New Mexico. The worst part of the job is bad weather days in the winter and some summer days. Chaining up a truck hard and heavy work in mud and snow. Very good bebefits. – less
A great company to work for.
Senior Secretary, Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 27, 2012
Pros: well organized management who were true leaders.
Cons: purchased by a french company a couple years before i took early retirement and everything changed.
Management was always helpful, informed, and respectful.

I was the department secretary for the head of Purchasing for 6 years and then the head of Credit and Accounts Receivable for 6 years.

I handled incoming phone calls, travel arrangements, appointment calendars for the management staff, took dictation by shorthand, did the correspoindence and – more... other clerical needs of the staff members.

I liked the ability to help everyone get the job done. The hardest part of the job was handling some of the personalities in the department. – less
Big company with a lot of opportunities in water treatment field
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2012
Pros: independence. opportunities
Cons: poor healthcare package
Nalco is a great company with a lot of opportunities in the water treatment field.
Excellent compensation and benefits with a very large workload. Can be a very rewarding career.
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2012
A typical day consists of going to scheduled appointments with current customers for testing and basic field work. It can also include overhauling a new customers system and doing a full install of Nalco's system and product. There are also sales meetings with prospective new customers. It can be a good environment if you enjoy the city and don't have – more... a long commute as your work days in your first few years will vary in length and you have a considerable amount of take home work. – less
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 6, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
I was a temp for three months at Nalco. They seemed to do things well
Nalco is a very good company to work for with a fitness room and outside track.
INVOICING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at Nalco is easy going but hard work. I learned to stay focused alot of prioritizing. I also obtained excellent detail oriented skills. My co-workers were great. The best part of this job was the people. The hardest part was being laid off.

About Nalco

Ecolab cleans up by cleaning up. The company offers cleaning, sanitation, pest-elimination, and maintenance products and services – Read more

Nalco Photos