NAMSA Employee Reviews

Worst Management to ever work under
Biocomp Technologist (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHFebruary 11, 2017
You can give your best efforts and work yourself to death but make 1 mistake and you are in the microscope of doom the rest of your days.
Don't count on managers to be supportive. All they want to do is talk to each other about all the drama and keep it stirred. If you are a squeaky wheel, you will get your grease.
If you can be a robot, you can succeed. If you try to share your thoughts and opinions and they are different than the opinions of workers that have been around a long time, your ideas are shot down.
If you try to learn in the company to grow and move up, you just become a target for people to always try to throw you under the bus.
It is not an atmosphere of teamwork. It is an atmosphere of make you look bad so it takes the bad attention off me.
Immature people with low self esteem seem to be the type of people hired.
If you are a strong personality or question the namsa ways, your days are limited.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Low advancement ceiling, management favoritism, lots of squeaky wheels, people not qualified for positions get them just because of who they are.
Loved learning about all facets of medical device product development
Scientist, Analytical Services (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHNovember 30, 2016
It is extremely fast paced; never at a loss for things to do. Great people to work with. Always learning new things; keeping up with changes in regulatory environment.
Good Experience
Technical Review (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJune 20, 2016
Good experience.

Work feels tedious. Timelines unreasonable. Not sufficient equipment to complete work within timelines.
amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 31, 2016
l ove how awesome namsa is, from the people to what they do. every day feels like you are bettering the world. i love knowing that i am doing something that might help my children
very hard job to cope with
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 28, 2016
great benefits
co-worker drama
favoritism with management
not for animal activist
good pay but not worth the job
very strict due to testing regulations
Great Flexibility
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Have very different tasks day to day and enjoy coming into work and talking with my coworkers. Learned a lot of different things, especially about how important everything we do is.
Pros
Flexible schedule, family environment
Cons
wait time on certain things
Excellent work evnironment
Product Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 21, 2016
The workplace is always extremely professional. The associates that work at NAMSA are very motivated and are passionate about their work. Throughout my time at NAMSA, I constantly felt that I was being challenged to think and act in unique ways that ultimately help the business thrive. I would suggest this company to anybody who feels they would like to be happy with their job for years to come.
Modern Day Sweatshop run by big-Ego Mangement
Laboratory Technican (Current Employee) –  NorthridgeSeptember 22, 2015
This used to be a good company. The culture has changed as top management continues to place blame on middle management. The objective here is to keep changing management with the hopes that different talent will create different results. The reality is that the talent is lacking at the top level. All profits are split between funding "the family" and more sales people. The laboratory workers are under challenged, overworked and just burnt out! Egos at the top are ridiculous. I need to get out of here.
Pros
Nice people in the departments
Cons
Sweatshop, poor pay at the technician level.
Professional place for animal surgeries and studiesr
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Good workers and scrub techs that assisted our team for 3 weeks for an out of state animal study for rabbits (180 rabbits in 3 weeks). Never done in history.
Stressful place Management not the greatest
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  northwood Toledo OhioJuly 18, 2015
typed lab reports , this was a learning experience for sure the communication is not the greatest. When you get hired even as a temporary worker through a agency you have to go through all the testing and meetings so you get to know what this place is all about they do animal testing, testing on water and other things.
they don't want you to do overtime but sometimes you have to cause of the workload. If you are typing lab reports they get signed by different people and you can expect to get alot of your reports back cause they are always changing the wording or something they don't like in the report. Everyone has a pretend smile on their face alot of them are just stressed out due to the work load of getting things done on a daily basis. and if you work for Endevis they don't even test you for this job they just go by your resume and you get interviewed by NAMSA so and they don'.t communicate with you on the greatest level either when I was interviewed they didn't explain the letters which I had type its their own fault. They lie about the job I should have never got this job ( had to give it up after 5 months) I never typed lab reports before and it was very stressful. And after I left (well they were training one person while I was there ) I found out they were replacing me with 2 people , why didn't they do that in the first place. the only thing great was the paycheck. I would never recommend anyone to work there , at least where i was.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
overtime
Very political
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2015
Politically correct is the best way to go. Do you job and do it well then you might gain some respect. Mind your own business and you will stay out of all the drama and backstabbing.
the worst company culture
Microbiologist (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  IrvineMay 12, 2015
The culture of a company is set by the higer managers. The finger pointing and endless defensive beahiver is sickening. The pay is better that the some other companies. But they would think they own you and you are an official company slave. This was the worst place.
Pros
pay is OK
Cons
life balance, culture, managment
Not a great experience
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHMarch 2, 2015
Long hours in a very hostile work environment with people not very enthusiastic to perform their job. Sure the pay is great, but the people are awful.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hostile employees
Excellent company
Director of Materials, & Company Services (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Good work flow
They let you manage
Coworkers were good
Maintaining excellence in an FDA environment
Seeing the accomplishments made
Pros
Positive
Cons
A great place to start my career but ready to move on
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHAugust 26, 2014
NAMSA was a great place to begin my career. I have gained much experience but am ready to move on professionally. Their world headquarters is located in Northwood, OH, which is in the Toledo, OH area. Even though NAMSA is doing great, Toledo is not recovering from the economic crisis and it is time for me to progress to a city with a better economic outlook.
Your job is secure at NAMSA
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 10, 2014
Great working environment and also high pace. QA Dept is small. I get to be involved with several labs (Micro, Chemistry, Invitro). The high pace work environment kept me engage and challenge every day. people are friendly and have a great sense of customer focus.
Pros
Job Security and recognitions
Cons
I have a lobg drive to work in high traffic
Not a good place to work.
Standard Technician III (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHMarch 3, 2014
Managment is non exsistant until something gets messed up, then they all come out of the wood work and act like the world is ending. Money rules all in this company. If something goes wrong that heaven forbid cost this multi million dollar company some money then you will be terminated. The job culture is not there and there is a large disconnect between managment and employee. All the employees were fun to work with but it is like walking on egg shells when managment is around. Rule by fear and not example. Just my experience tho. I know other people in different departments enjoyed there job, but none of the toxicology wing wanted to be there.
Pros
Cons
50 hours one week and then 30 the next, Managment is terrible!
NAMSA gave me the skills to further my career
Technologist II, BPU (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHSeptember 3, 2013
My job was very stressful, but interesting and at times fun.
I learned to work as a cohesive group. Our group would brainstorm daily to accomplish the tasks at hand.
The hardest part of the job was the overtime. We would some times work 10 - 15 hours extra a week.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being part of a team. We had a great working relationship and knowing we had each others backs.
Pros
Bonuses, vacation time, friendships
Cons
Overtime
NAMSA is a solid place to work
Director of Global Business Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 22, 2013
Amazing people and a great place to learn about bringing medical devices to market.

The challenges with a growing business, we are burning the great associates out as we are not always willing to hire quickly. Great place to learn, but work life balance is taking its toll.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tough work life balance
Great place to work. Good People.
Technician I (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 17, 2013
Management treats Employees more than fair & with respect. Co-Workers are a good Group of People to Work with.
Pros
all employees are treated with respect by management.
Cons
depends on the dept you work in.