NANA Management Services Employee Reviews

A secured place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at work would be fine with clocking in and meeting with supervisors on important matters pertaining to work. The hardest part was getting rooms done in a timely matter.
Pros
Offered full time hours.
Cons
Not getting full time offers.
Very Supportive Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kotzebue, AKNovember 13, 2017
Client contact was horrendous, obnoxious, rude, spiteful and an overall pain to be in contact will. If it were not for my supportive Operations Director I would have likely left after my first month.
Pros
Terrific support from the home office
Cons
Working with the client contact at this location
good work environment. opportunity for advancement
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 28, 2017
overall a pretty good place to work. it was kitchen work, so there are factors that dont necessarily pertain to the company as a whole. There are opportunities for advancement. It is a large corporation so there are the occasional headache associated with that, but you should be expecting that almost anywhere you work these days.
It wasn't so bad working with NANA Management Services.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 11, 2017
It can improve on understanding their employees more on life situations. Like when I had an infected ankle with a massive splinter. While injured I was only allowed a week to 10 days medical doctors leave due to ANMC policy and NANA Management need so much meetings for me at the time so I had to walk on an injured ankle to speak to my job representative on top of having to walk miles to even get food for one meal a day. The salary paid wasn't enough to meet my needs. There were plenty of gossiping going on in the kitchen and shaming of co workers. I loved how the supervisors actually cared though about their employees.
Pros
It was a good place to learn how to work in kitchens and other places.
Cons
Vague answers on fired employees and difficult to get a job with again.
Great to work if your looking to try and set yourself up for success
Adam Dittman -Remote Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKSeptember 9, 2017
If management at the camps was able to be more involved and to listen to their workers it would be a better place to work. Some of the things that can't be over looked is when you have a heavy amount of double standards or hypocritical behavior (like having job duties that are not universal in terms of standards or expectations.) Then again, my person experiences are different than others.

You can be able to set goals and achieve them there, they do care about their safety culture a lot and really go out of their way to make sure workers stay safe on the job. You have great job security, you get to meet all kinds of people from around the country and sometimes the globe and really learn a lot from other people's life experiences. You travel to go to work, that is always cool. You are able to learn a different variety of skills depending on who and where you work with/for.

For any one person that knows how to put your nose to the grindstone in life, this will be no challenge for them. Regardless of experience.

Most people that that you meet, work for or work with are generally good.

Higher end Management in the Company is Excellent.
Management at Remote Camps should be inspected/regulated more. When middle management is not present, things seem to get shaky.

I personally would have loved to stay if some things would have been different.
Pros
Work half the year with all benifits. Feel important, safe
Cons
conflicting Job duties/standards/expectations IF dealing with Remote management.
A generalized profession
Health, Safety, Sec., Env. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 3, 2017
Over all, a productive place to work. Understaffed with challenging workloads. HSSE is an nonmicro-managed department with challenging communication issues. A very cultural diversified corporation that provides a service management objective. A great transient place to work, but not for career. Shaky foundation as financial economic challenges has eliminated job security.
Pros
A learning environment to strengthen experience
Cons
Good deeds want go unpunished.
Good company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 25, 2017
Easy stress free job. Decent pay. Good accommodations and food. No benefits though and no room for pay raises. There is room to advance in duty positions and get your EMT rating which will get you extra pay.
Cons
No benefits or pay raises
Assigned to Courtyard By Marriott in Anchorage Alaska, Great staff and alot of support.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Courtyard by MarriottMay 25, 2017
Worked here for five years and learned more about Maintenance than I would ever think possible. Very fast paced environment however all team members worked together and there was excellent synchronicity within the Hotel. Great General Manager and staff and a fella could not ask for more.
Pros
Schedule, Staff, facilities
Cons
Plowing snow.
I was quickly placed within a company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/CSR (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 11, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for NANA management services. They quickly found me a position within a company that was at first only looking for temporary work but decided to keep me long term. I believe NANA does a wonderful job of placing their employees within companies that can truly use their job skills. Management also does a wonderful job of checking in on their employees to make sure that their current job is meeting all of their needs, they really care about their employees.
Falls short compared to other companies, bad work culture /environment
Fleet Services (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 28, 2017
Low pay, your coworkers gossip and pry into your business. Some leads act like they're management and over step boundaries.

I've experienced verbal abuse multiple times to not only myself, but other coworkers as well. I've seen leads lie about things to try to make it seem like they're right. There's also an inside joke about the high turn over rate which makes management look bad. I've also seen management hire so there's lots of bias.

Problem solving is poor I don't feel that management tries to be part of the team and even tries to foster a respectable work environment. HR tries to force you to deal with management which I get but it also complicates things when who you go to just leaves it up to the employees and makes threatening comments.

Wage is low we're probably the lowest paid workers at the place I work.

It's stressful because I feel like the people I work with aren't very good at problem solving, communication or just plainly treating others with just basic manners.
Pros
Free food some times, PTO accrual, sick pay
Cons
Bad management, Low pay, coworkers attitudes towards each other.l, feels like a hostile work environment unless you keep to yourself
nice ,productive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 15, 2017
productive ,helpful to the worker and easy to reach if their have some issue to the employee, good and well train ,give knowledge about work,and nice employer
good jobs,bad managment
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 6, 2017
a few managers they have working their are backstabbing they tell you what they think you want to hear and then they throw u under the bus. never have i had a problem with a co-worker. People don't leave jobs they leave management.
janitoral worker/on call janitor for kobuk clinic
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kobuk, AKMarch 8, 2017
I cleaned the whole building. I loved talking with students and working with the coworkers. I learned how to properly clean everything in the school and clinic.
Not Bad
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 4, 2017
Worked for them on the North Slope, lots of job opening and its easy to move around into different/better positions. Higher up management was easy to get along with and informative.

Their HR and main office in Anchorage however is hard to get a hold and makes submitting paperwork difficult.
Pros
Free Lunch, Advancment, Transfers, Nice Managment Staff
Cons
Low pay compaired to other companies
friendly coworkers
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 25, 2017
it was a fun place to work at, a lot of nice workers there. I worked catering for 8 months, i was the main driver for dropping off the elders food program, i set up the tables and chaffers for the catering events and brought the food over, making sure the food is up to temperature.
Pros
free luch, advancement
Cons
short staffed
Just another job.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2017
Can't say much. Big company with lots of shareholders so no room for the peons of the company to really get anywhere unless you know the right people.
Working at NMS
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2017
Give us your opinion about
Typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Anchorage base
Cons
To much turnover
Relatively new company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 11, 2016
It is a good company to work for but being a new company the management can be questionable but generally speaking they are a good company to work for.
Pros
Full time employment
Cons
Management can be questionable.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kobuk, AKNovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot about health care. And basic emergency services. the teacher was very informative. Co workers are energized and always alert and willing to help
Pros
Fun
Cons
It was a nice place to work overall.
Patient Services Representative/Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2016
I worked here as a contractor at Alaska Native medical center in the dietary department. I really liked the managers and such. I didn't get to have much of a home life, but I don't mark down their score for that though since it was because I lived about an hour away from work. It was a much better job than other retail jobs I had before.
Pros
Free lunches for food service workers, benefits like dental, health, etc.
Cons
Short lunch break, not much advancement opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NANA Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.