NANA Management Services

NANA Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyment of learning new skills
Camp Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 23, 2016
During the time that I was working for Nana Management Services, I was able to learn and pick up new skills. I learned carpentry skills, plumbing skills and learned about appliance repair. I enjoyed my job there and enjoyed the people that I worked with. It had been a very good work experience.
Pros
time off
Cons
working in severe inclement weather
An amazing company with a strong ethical compass
National Sales Manager for Security (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for NMS. Our goals were clearly stated and the objectives were well understood. Our product offering was over engineered that led to a cost point issue with our clients and potential clients. The project eventually failed despite many attempts to demonstrate a more effective way to penetrate the market. Senior Management did not have any experience in the the 'For Profit Sector' and could not comprehend the need for a focus change.
Pros
Alaska Native Corporation, strong sales team
Cons
Weak Product line managment with little to no experience, inflexibility, wasteful with compnay money
A very professional and safe work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2015
Working with this company has been a real privilege. I met people from all around the country and learned a lot about many different cultures. From management to fellow co-workers, this company maintained professionalism and also provided fun activities for reward. The hardest part of the job was the long 12-hour shifts.
Pros
Free Meals, Free Laundry, Free Room&Board, Free WiFi
Cons
Short breaks
Barista on campus
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 14, 2015
Managament was terrible at managing their human resources and had unrealistic expectations of students who worked their.
Pros
Free lunch great atmosphere
Cons
management was shady and had a terrible HR department
Great team working company
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 29, 2015
I love working with NANA, they have a great career road map for employees to move within the company or desired work places.
Pros
team working, fun people
Cons
short breaks, short lunches
exercise room
Kitchen Helper 1 and 2 and 3 (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 24, 2015
work well with others over all watch how they work with others chef work well the his workers as well camp management work with others training in areas as need it
Pros
training as need it
Cons
take breaks at the time when need it
Fast paced majority of the time you're working
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 30, 2013
A typical day at work was always predictable which I don't mind, I learned how to do and complete food and beverage inventory on a weekly basis, my co-workers were great to work with, management were careful and understanding, the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the busy pace during rush hours but was a great challenge to accept on a daily basis, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing regular customers daily and conversing with them
Pros
great pay, busy location, healthcare benefits, great management staff
Cons
cold location
productive place to work
Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2014
Remote job in Alaska much travel and long hours. Got to meet and associate with many people of all cultures.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Alright to work their if you don't have a particular life style
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CaJune 16, 2014
Great team
Nice Location
Learning the ropes of the company
No good Management!!!
Hours cut and expect for someone to quit to get hours... ( Sad )
Not enough pay for the jobs that has to be done
Change of schedule without notice
Pros
paid lunch hr
Cons
favoritism, hours cut, bad management, no benefits for regular security officers working over 37hrs a week
taem work environment ..respected ,out going staff
Food Service Worker/house keeper/barista (Former Employee) –  Kotzebue, AK for prudhoe bay positionsApril 7, 2015
Responsibilies about hazordous solutions was reminded in our weekly meetings .loved the managers time and efforts to create a fun and safe work place for the employees ..starting the shift form the day went good,,never experienced poor or difficult training when starting my job at prudhoe..best team of houskeeping i ever worked with during time of employment on the slope.the hardest part of the job was having to work on holidays n be away from the family..most enjoyable was when we had our weekly meetings ,,management gave employee of the month awards..
Pros
employee of the month gratitude for the team
Cons
having to complete a skill task if late for the job
Co workers are great management and pay sucks.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 21, 2014
This review is actually for Ikun, LLC who is a part of Nana.
Never tell your employees that they make too much money based of what title they have you as when you know your staff is greayly underpaid for the work that is actually being done.You are hired for a specific position, but are required to be a "team player" and do all jobs because they underbid on contracts and don't hire people to do the work. Must be with the company a year before you get vacation time. If you leave like I did before one year, you don't get any vacation pay you may have accrued They put too much on you with no back up Their are no raises and no training classes to expand knowledge to broaden your opportunity at the company Advice to Senior Management. Don't underbid on contracts so you can't hire enough people to do the mission. Ikun will rewrite your job title so they can pay you as much as 20% less than what you were making doing the same job with the previous company who lost the contract. Even though you give a two week notice prior to leaving, they have major issue with you leaving early on your last workday due to their lack of planning.This are CONs by the way.
Pros
cohesive environment with co workers and government staff, they supply you with work polos, every no and then, they will supply lunch.
Cons
this review is actually for ikun, llc who is a part of nana
Great enviroment
LEAD SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 8, 2013
Nms is a great company! Overall good benefits. You will work with the best selected personel for the job.
Pros
good work place
Cons
sometimes crazy schedule
Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital Cafeteria
Head Cook/Cafeteria/Catering Cook (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKAugust 5, 2014
I really don't rate this at all. The management is really poor, no direction or training for new employees and they certainly don't know their patient's diets when cooking for them. The new employees hardly speak English and they don't have any cooking experience. Everyone in the kitchen does their own thing and there isn't any team work among them. The menus are constantly being changed, you don't know what you are supposed to cook from one day to another and supplies are very limited. What can be ordered through the supplier, the manager is buying it at the local grocery. Stress level is high because when you are the cook, you have to do cooking for 3 cooks and the catering assistant doesn't know how to cook, so you have to cook for catering also. It is not a friendly atmosphere at all. Good luck to anyone who is willing to work there.
Cons
enough stress to make one physically ill.
A better place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAFebruary 22, 2013
JOB TITLE: Security Guard

TYPICAL DAY: Arrive at work, verify assignment, work mostly independently with other guards and supervisor always available via radio.

LEARNED: Responsibilities and procedures used at the world's largest Proctor & Gamble plant.

MANAGEMENT: In touch, do not micromanage, reasonable. Some nonsensical rules, but fewer than many companies.

CO-WORKERS: Co-workers are KEY to job satisfaction. There is a small team, so one person calling off or reporting to work late affects others. Over time, the bad apples tend to leave.

HARDEST PART: See co-workers. Also, some of the work is outdoors. (It IS cold in February in Pennsylvania.)

MOST ENJOYABLE: Camaraderie with co-workers. Mostly, the posts are routine, but there is always the possibility of fire or medical emergencies to be prepared for.
Pros
secure position, co-workers, cafeteria
Cons
health insurance is expensive
former security officer. Lima OH
former security officer (Former Employee) –  Lima OHNovember 9, 2014
It was a fun job but when you needed your boss to protect you she was never there. No one cared and no one helped. All that was said was "we don't want to make any waves". There is no communitation. There's "pets" and favoritism. And if you were not one of them then you did not get treated very well.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
i had no lunch time. i had to eat on the run. no communication.
Great Place
HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denali National ParkDecember 12, 2012
Good upper management and a great work life balance.

A typical day invloves running two seperate hotel in a remote Alaska location.
Great People
DM (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2014
Strong culture of development of native Alaskans in a diverse business. Enjoy the ability and freedom to develop new and existing relationships.
Worked two days a week.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2012
I liked this job because it was a nice break from the hospital. The days and hours were perfect for me at this time.
Pros
extra pay was good.
Cons
sometimes not challenging.
mt.edgecubme
sale exclusive (Former Employee) –  Alaska Ak 99835November 15, 2013
It's good it fun,and I really like it and I deserve in this kind of work..people around it so great.it's fun to work with them,the hardest part if some body call and sick,the most enjoyable is time to take a lunch break and etc.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break healcare ect.
Productive,fast leaner,follow direction,good physical conditon,postitive attuitude
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Kotzebue,Maniilaq Health CdenterJuly 8, 2014
I am a fast worker. Am able to work on my one with little or no direction. Most enjoyable part of the job is doing the best I can while on duty,