NANA Management Services

NANA Management Services Employee Reviews

Not Bad
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 4, 2017
Worked for them on the North Slope, lots of job opening and its easy to move around into different/better positions. Higher up management was easy to get along with and informative.

Their HR and main office in Anchorage however is hard to get a hold and makes submitting paperwork difficult.
Pros
Free Lunch, Advancment, Transfers, Nice Managment Staff
Cons
Low pay compaired to other companies
friendly coworkers
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 25, 2017
it was a fun place to work at, a lot of nice workers there. I worked catering for 8 months, i was the main driver for dropping off the elders food program, i set up the tables and chaffers for the catering events and brought the food over, making sure the food is up to temperature.
Pros
free luch, advancement
Cons
short staffed
Just another job.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2017
Can't say much. Big company with lots of shareholders so no room for the peons of the company to really get anywhere unless you know the right people.
Working at NMS
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 7, 2017
Give us your opinion about
Typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Anchorage base
Cons
To much turnover
Relatively new company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 11, 2016
It is a good company to work for but being a new company the management can be questionable but generally speaking they are a good company to work for.
Pros
Full time employment
Cons
Management can be questionable.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kobuk, AKNovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot about health care. And basic emergency services. the teacher was very informative. Co workers are energized and always alert and willing to help
Pros
Fun
Cons
It was a nice place to work overall.
Patient Services Representative/Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2016
I worked here as a contractor at Alaska Native medical center in the dietary department. I really liked the managers and such. I didn't get to have much of a home life, but I don't mark down their score for that though since it was because I lived about an hour away from work. It was a much better job than other retail jobs I had before.
Pros
Free lunches for food service workers, benefits like dental, health, etc.
Cons
Short lunch break, not much advancement opportunity
It was a fast pace enoyable working experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 9, 2016
I would clock in and check in with my other coworkers on which rooms that needed to be done in order upon code. I would go to every floor that I was assigned and write my pager number down and answer upon code. I would put in the system when the room was completed.
Pros
It was fast pace.
Cons
When your coworker that is on the next shift is late or doesn't finish a room
One of the worst
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 8, 2016
Extremely poor management, very stressful work environment. My direct supervisors were verbally abusive and critical. I would not reccommend this company to anyone. I actually loved my work duties as one of their Marketing Managers and I was paid very well, but it wasn't enough to keep me there.
Pros
Interesting, creative work.
Cons
Poor management, incompetent HR office.
Awesome
AR Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 30, 2016
Loved working here. The people were awesome! The managers treated you more like an equal. My fault I no longer work there. Wish I could though.
Exciting environment working with guests and co-workers.
Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  Springhill Suites MidtownAugust 9, 2016
Everyday was a new day to do everything all over again. The people were honest, hard working and knowledgeable about the hotel business. I learned how to manage the housekeeping department all by myself. I start my own day by preparing housekeeping boards for the housekeepers. I get there an hour before everyone else to prepare boards then I greet all employees and say good morning and smile and thank them for coming in to work. Through out the day I inspect rooms and update rooms in the computer system whether they are vacant ready or occupied clean.

I really enjoyed working for Nana Management Services in the Hotel Industry. They have very professional staff and they were easy to work with and learn from.
This company has become a joke
officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 19, 2016
This company is losing money and client's due to leadership. They have cut manager jobs to compensate for the losses. NMS is not the company it once was.
Pros
Cons
Leardership
It's an okay company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 8, 2016
I would not choose this company as career company. Its parent company has traits it likes in its career oriented employees. Management is paid well but for the average employee the pay is not so well.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Pick one.
Enjoyment of learning new skills
Camp Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 23, 2016
During the time that I was working for Nana Management Services, I was able to learn and pick up new skills. I learned carpentry skills, plumbing skills and learned about appliance repair. I enjoyed my job there and enjoyed the people that I worked with. It had been a very good work experience.
Pros
time off
Cons
working in severe inclement weather
Barista on campus
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 14, 2015
Managament was terrible at managing their human resources and had unrealistic expectations of students who worked their.
Pros
Free lunch great atmosphere
Cons
management was shady and had a terrible HR department
Great team working company
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 29, 2015
I love working with NANA, they have a great career road map for employees to move within the company or desired work places.
Pros
team working, fun people
Cons
short breaks, short lunches
exercise room
Kitchen Helper 1 and 2 and 3 (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 24, 2015
work well with others over all watch how they work with others chef work well the his workers as well camp management work with others training in areas as need it
Pros
training as need it
Cons
take breaks at the time when need it
An amazing company with a strong ethical compass
National Sales Manager for Security (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for NMS. Our goals were clearly stated and the objectives were well understood. Our product offering was over engineered that led to a cost point issue with our clients and potential clients. The project eventually failed despite many attempts to demonstrate a more effective way to penetrate the market. Senior Management did not have any experience in the the 'For Profit Sector' and could not comprehend the need for a focus change.
Pros
Alaska Native Corporation, strong sales team
Cons
Weak Product line managment with little to no experience, inflexibility, wasteful with compnay money
A very professional and safe work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2015
Working with this company has been a real privilege. I met people from all around the country and learned a lot about many different cultures. From management to fellow co-workers, this company maintained professionalism and also provided fun activities for reward. The hardest part of the job was the long 12-hour shifts.
Pros
Free Meals, Free Laundry, Free Room&Board, Free WiFi
Cons
Short breaks
taem work environment ..respected ,out going staff
Food Service Worker/house keeper/barista (Former Employee) –  Kotzebue, AK for prudhoe bay positionsApril 7, 2015
Responsibilies about hazordous solutions was reminded in our weekly meetings .loved the managers time and efforts to create a fun and safe work place for the employees ..starting the shift form the day went good,,never experienced poor or difficult training when starting my job at prudhoe..best team of houskeeping i ever worked with during time of employment on the slope.the hardest part of the job was having to work on holidays n be away from the family..most enjoyable was when we had our weekly meetings ,,management gave employee of the month awards..
Pros
employee of the month gratitude for the team
Cons
having to complete a skill task if late for the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NANA Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

71%