NANA Management Services

NANA Management Services Employee Reviews

Great People
DM (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2014
Strong culture of development of native Alaskans in a diverse business. Enjoy the ability and freedom to develop new and existing relationships.
productive place to work
Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Remote job in Alaska much travel and long hours. Got to meet and associate with many people of all cultures.
former security officer. Lima OH
former security officer (Former Employee), Lima OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: i had no lunch time. i had to eat on the run. no communication.
It was a fun job but when you needed your boss to protect you she was never there. No one cared and no one helped. All that was said was "we don't want to make any waves". There is no communitation. There's "pets" and favoritism. And if you were not one of them then you did not get treated very well.
Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital Cafeteria
Head Cook/Cafeteria/Catering Cook (Former Employee), Sitka, AKAugust 5, 2014
Cons: enough stress to make one physically ill.
I really don't rate this at all. The management is really poor, no direction or training for new employees and they certainly don't know their patient's diets when cooking for them. The new employees hardly speak English and they don't have any cooking experience. Everyone in the kitchen does their own thing and there isn't any team work among them. The menus are constantly being changed, you don't know what you are supposed to cook from one day to another and supplies are very limited. What can be ordered through the supplier, the manager is buying it at the local grocery. Stress level is high because when you are the cook, you have to do cooking for 3 cooks and the catering assistant doesn't know how to cook, so you have to cook for catering also. It is not a friendly atmosphere at all. Good luck to anyone who is willing to work there.
Productive,fast leaner,follow direction,good physical conditon,postitive attuitude
Environmental Technician (Former Employee), Kotzebue,Maniilaq Health CdenterJuly 8, 2014
I am a fast worker. Am able to work on my one with little or no direction. Most enjoyable part of the job is doing the best I can while on duty,
Alright to work their if you don't have a particular life style
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oxnard, CaJune 16, 2014
Pros: paid lunch hr
Cons: favoritism, hours cut, bad management, no benefits for regular security officers working over 37hrs a week
Great team
Nice Location
Learning the ropes of the company
No good Management!!!
Hours cut and expect for someone to quit to get hours... ( Sad )
Not enough pay for the jobs that has to be done
Change of schedule without notice
Co workers are great management and pay sucks.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: cohesive environment with co workers and government staff, they supply you with work polos, every no and then, they will supply lunch.
Cons: this review is actually for ikun, llc who is a part of nana
This review is actually for Ikun, LLC who is a part of Nana.
Never tell your employees that they make too much money based of what title they have you as when you know your staff is greayly underpaid for the work that is actually being done.You are hired for a specific position, but are required to be a "team player" and do all jobs because they underbid on contracts and don't hire people to do the work. Must be with the company a year before you get vacation time. If you leave like I did before one year, you don't get any vacation pay you may have accrued They put too much on you with no back up Their are no raises and no training classes to expand knowledge to broaden your opportunity at the company Advice to Senior Management. Don't underbid on contracts so you can't hire enough people to do the mission. Ikun will rewrite your job title so they can pay you as much as 20% less than what you were making doing the same job with the previous company who lost the contract. Even though you give a two week notice prior to leaving, they have major issue with you leaving early on your last workday due to their lack of planning.This are CONs by the way.
Fast paced majority of the time you're working
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great pay, busy location, healthcare benefits, great management staff
Cons: cold location
A typical day at work was always predictable which I don't mind, I learned how to do and complete food and beverage inventory on a weekly basis, my co-workers were great to work with, management were careful and understanding, the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the busy pace during rush hours but was a great challenge to accept on a daily basis, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing regular customers daily and conversing with them
mt.edgecubme
sale exclusive (Former Employee), Alaska Ak 99835November 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break healcare ect.
It's good it fun,and I really like it and I deserve in this kind of work..people around it so great.it's fun to work with them,the hardest part if some body call and sick,the most enjoyable is time to take a lunch break and etc.
GREAT ENVIROMENT
LEAD SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good work place
Cons: sometimes crazy schedule
NMS IS A GREAT COMPANY! OVERALL GOOD BENEFITS. YOU WILL WORK WITH THE BEST SELECTED PERSONEL FOR THE JOB.
Excellent opportunity!
Licensed Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Today, with dozens of corporate clients in both Alaska and the Continental US, NMS Security is proud to maintain its role as an experienced and responsible security provider throughout the country.

From the excellence of our daily workforce to the strength and leadership of our management team, no other security company will provide a greater value to your operation. In addition, we are Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified, delivering yet another opportunity to benefit your business through our mutual partnership. Our commitment to the environment is evidenced in our work with every client – more... we serve.

NMS Security is the largest and most experienced security provider to the oil industry in Alaska. We provide year round security for the Conoco Philips Alpine field in the National Petroleum Reserve, and all the security services for the greater Prudhoe Bay field for British Petroleum. Our experience at working in cold, remote and difficult climates is second-to-none, with a safety record of more than 5-million man-hours without a lost time incident.

NMS Security business development continues to expand our client sphere, reaching out to deliver security services to a wide variety of businesses and institutions. Today, we are proud to serve not only our oilfield clients of 30 years, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, health care providers, manufacturing centers, the telecommunications industry and museums. – less
A BETTER PLACE TO WORK
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mehoopany, PAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: secure position, co-workers, cafeteria
Cons: health insurance is expensive
JOB TITLE: Security Guard

TYPICAL DAY: Arrive at work, verify assignment, work mostly independently with other guards and supervisor always available via radio.

LEARNED: Responsibilities and procedures used at the world's largest Proctor & Gamble plant.

MANAGEMENT: In touch, do not micromanage, reasonable. Some nonsensical rules, but fewer than many companies.

CO-WORKERS: Co-workers are KEY to job satisfaction. There is a small team, so one person calling off or reporting to work late affects others. Over time, the bad apples tend to leave.

HARDEST PART: See co-workers. Also, some of the work is outdoors. (It IS cold in February in Pennsylvania.)

MOST ENJOYABLE: Camaraderie with co-workers. Mostly, the posts are routine, but there is always the possibility of fire or medical emergencies to be prepared for.
Great Place
HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Denali National ParkDecember 12, 2012
Good upper management and a great work life balance.

A typical day invloves running two seperate hotel in a remote Alaska location.
Worked two days a week.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2012
Pros: extra pay was good.
Cons: sometimes not challenging.
I liked this job because it was a nice break from the hospital. The days and hours were perfect for me at this time.
Headquarters