Nanticoke Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

very small facility everyone knows your name
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEFebruary 20, 2013
Loved working here was my first hospital working at. Was an intern, received my training here, then was hired a few weeks in of my internship. I learned a lot here. Would come in 5 am do morning rounds then come downstairs and draw blood in outpatients or work inside the lab answering phones and processing specimens. My co-workers had been there for years, some had started the year I was born, so I had to go earn their trust and respect. Went through a "hazing" phase for the first year. Wasn't even sure I was going to stay. Everyone outside of my department loved me right of way and soon my immediate co-workers did too. I began training any new hires, and moved up the ranks. Management changed a lot when I worked there at one time we didn't have a laboratory director for 6 months and we were able to work together. This was a very small private hospital, after a while you would know all of the employees names. There wasn't much room for growth. You were a phlebotomist that's it, after a few years you reached a salary that was "maxed out" and you would be "grandfathered" in to that salary. I loved the job but I was driving almost an hour to get there, and would go a year and only get a 30 cent raise based on your eval. And 40 cent would be the highest you could get. I love the people I worked with, I loved the patients, I loved the job.
Pros
very personable
Cons
no room for growth, would be grandfathered into salary
Easy to get along with and a team player
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DENovember 13, 2012
My days very from day to day being that I am a floater and I move from office to office and trained to work as a MOA and MA my job can be exciting as well as a learning experience. In the network I work with 74 employess, from P&E, to Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OBGYN, PEDs, and Surgery. I learn a lot while on my job, due to the float position that I have I am able to absorbe a lot of information and see a lot. My co-workers are wonderful, they are willing to help me and answer any and every question that I may have. They seem to enjoy my company and my help. I can't think of one thing that is hard about my job, I love what I do and I enjoy being able to float through out the network working with different people and seeing differnent patients everyday. I'm ready everyday to learn something new.
Pros
able to float from office to office and obtain knowledge from each office
Cons
health insurance
Do yourself a favor and steer clear of NMH.
Registration clerk/Switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DENovember 13, 2012
Worked there for almost seven years. Loved all my co-workers dearly and had great times with them, but inept management totally ruined what could have been a good working experience. Employees in my department were micromanaged to death and spoken to inappropriately almost daily. Multiple employees reported these incidents to HR and nothing was done about it. Well, actually, something was done because you will notice my review says that I'm a "former" employee.
Pros
great co-workers, decent health insurance
Cons
unprofessional management, 10 cent yearly raises, no opportunities for advancement
fun and instructive work environment
Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEJuly 24, 2014
1, start at 7am to 5pm
2. usually see 8 to 12 patient every day
3. hospitalist practice with 7 physicians and 3 nurse practitioners
4. I have learned to management acute illness, respond to medical emergencies
5. Hardest part of the Job is Longer days at work. End of tshift time is unpredictable, It depends on patient acurity level, number of admissions and discharges
6. Most enjoyable part is being able to provide effective Care for patients during acute illness
Pros
great learning opportunity everyday
Cons
long hours, 10 to 13 hours days
Nanticoke Memorial Hosp
HBOT/CNA/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DESeptember 19, 2012
Inspection of equipment, patient care, patient safety.
I learned how to treat a patient with care and dignity.
The management team has trouble respecting persons of lower grade in the work environment.
The hardest part of the job was that it was not full filling in my career goal.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of patients and loving them and making them smile.
Pros
pros: i meant some truly wonderful people that are still in my life
Cons
cons: not much time for lunch and breaks
Productive and fast paced place to work.
Emergency Room Scribe (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEJune 30, 2015
I learned how to listen attentively and document what I heard at a very fast pace. On a typical day, I would document all interactions between patient and doctor in the Emergency Room (ER), varying anywhere from 10-20 patients (dependent upon the shift). I enjoyed learning about each patient as an individual and being able to complete their charts in a timely fashion which, in many cases, limited their time spent in the ER.
Medical Assistant - check pt in take vitals, obtain prior auths., answer telephone calls
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEMay 31, 2015
Pay is not very good at all considering all that one has to do. Management not to involved with different offices. And it seems that they don't want to be bothered with the problems of the office, and loose a great deal of people, because management does not take care of the problems after on employee leaves and another comes in.
Cons
Management doesn't seems to want to be bothered with office staff
Fast Pace
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEDecember 12, 2014
Even though beeper position is suppose to be a 2 person position you will find yourself on the position alone with no help. You may work straight through the day with out a lunch break or a 15-minute break. Outpatient is more laid back and you have more help if and when you need it.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no breaks when it gets busy
Nanticoke
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  staff nurse-med/surgSeptember 23, 2013
Hardest part of the job is working holidays, since it is a 24/7 facility. Pay is average, but no cost of living increase like other area hospitals. Communication with upper management can be poor with certain directors & there is little room for advancement. Overall great learning experiences & good place to work & learn.
Very productive place to work
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEFebruary 13, 2014
My position is PRN. I have learned that the nursing staff is very helpful and the management is great and also my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is not knowing what kind of patient I will have from one day to the next. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients smile. That makes my day.
My first medical technology job
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEJanuary 8, 2014
I worked at Nanticoke Hospital while I was in school and once I graduated. It was a great place to get my feet wet as a technologist. My experience there was rewarding and I liked how the departments worked so well together.
Pros
tight net staff
Cons
i worked night shift
Hospital enviromnment
Charge Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEMarch 24, 2015
Enjoyed caring for patients in acute setting. Co-workers for the most part very good. Alot of younger nurses who have a different outlook on patient care. Normal work hours with alot of overtime available.
lowest paying hospital on the shore.Very much tavortisium in the dept.
Cooked food for the patients/ Prep- cook (Former Employee) –  seaford del.September 9, 2012
I loved my job but management was very poor. Kitchen full of women & thats when things get very catty!!!
benefits
Cons
poor management
its a great place to work.
Phlebotomist/EKG (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEJanuary 8, 2015
inpatient and outpatient blood draws, specimen processing for quest, receiving specimens, getting specimens to appropriate departments.
Pros
fast paced, always something to learn
Cons
more volume than we can handle sometimes
great experiance
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  seafordApril 27, 2015
I learned a lot while being employed with Nanticoke hospital. while working in the emergency room I was placed in situations that helped my medical knowledge
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEOctober 26, 2015
This hospital was a good learning environment that dealt with a multitude of complex conditions. They were striving to increase their trauma status.
Good company to work with
PCU RN (Current Employee) –  PCUOctober 10, 2012
Love my job and the people I work with. Management is fair but firm. Hardest part is the travel.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
long drive
BAD!!!
Staff RN in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 7, 2012
This company allows bullying and gossip with no ramifications to the perpetrators. Bad experience working there!!
Cons
overall very bad experience as an rn

Comment – November 14, 2012

I have worked at four major Er's in my lifetime and this old school ER is the worst I ever saw. The ED director would make up new rules daily and email/text them then write you up for doing what she asked. Back stabbing non stop, making fun of patients, staff was good though but director knows nothing about ED operations- I know because I ran a ER for seven years. If they got a new director and removed her pawns she would place in positions to help her then the ER would not be bad. DR's are 100% top notch and rest of NMH is great but they need to fire her big rear and fix it before it goes down hill any more. Ever DR's and PA's do not know what she is doing-LOL...NMH fix it before it is to late.

Great Place
Registered Respiratory Therapist-PRN (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEDecember 21, 2014
Great Place to Work.Great Culture. Great co-workers. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to find work in the Delaware area.