Naphcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

Dont do it!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
The worst place I have ever worked for. Hostile work environment. They work you like dogs. They throw you to the wolves after 2 days of training. Unprofessional management, favoritism, no team work. You are treated worse than the inmates.
Pros
Cons
Too many to write
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
I worked for NaphCare for almost 5 years. The only reason I left was for a county job. I need the retirement. I truly loved going to work everyday! I love the type of work I did for them, from working in the jail to working in the regional corporate office. I will miss the family feeling that was there.
Pros
Work environment, coworkers, bosses
Productive Work Environment
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 4, 2017
Naphcare Inc., administration began with an open door policy. Their middle management team was lackluster. The environment amongst employees was welcoming and informative.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
micromanagement
Not a good managed company
MA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2017
Lack of managment, low pay, job security low. Seems like you are just a number. Coworkers were great. Loved the job. I always felt like I was just a body filling a position. No raises.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
bad management, low pay
Great co workers
Western States Corporate Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Multiple statesJuly 28, 2017
Heavy last minute travel, no time off, on call for 2-3 facilities for weeks without a break. Salaried - working 60-80 hours/week in addition to travel, and on call 24/7. When saying no you are made to feel like your not a team player. Staffing problems. No regular merit reviews or raises. Expect to be terminated if you turn in your resignation. Good benefits. Low salary without recognition of experience or years employed. New Grads welcomed.
Pros
Free prescriptions, new grads welcomed
Cons
work life balance
Pay=Unnecessary Sacrifice
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2017
I reviewed this company before accepting the position and the theme of it is they treat their employees like peons which I find to be correct. The management spends more time passing the buck then they do learning how to be effective in their job. They do not place value on their staff instead they use them as pawns when they need to without ever considering the position that they place the employee in. The nurses are mostly LPNs that cannot spell and spend most of their time ordering food, complaining about their jobs, and plotting on others. The turnover is extremely high. A lot of sacrifice on your part to work here.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Expectations are unrealistic, the management is awful and has no proper training, no coordination, disorganized
organized, fun environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2017
always had what we needed to complete job tasks
management very professional
friendly staff
always was someone there willing to help if you have any questions
Horrible company to work for.
nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
They don't reimburse for licensure or compensate for CEU's.
They have no ethical boundaries - conflict of interest with managers dating correctional officers and Captains dating supervisors.
Low rate of pay.
Pros
Cons
Cheap company that doesn't value their employees
Unless You Are Already Use To Corrections Go For It
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
I would not recommend this working environment to anyone unless you are use to Corrections and working for Naphcare. Your only trained 4 days and then that's it. You receive no lunch break whatsoever and in actuality the patient to nurse ratio is unbelievable, 1 RN and 1 LPN working together can have 50 plus patients. The only thing that is good is the pay, if that's all that matters to you. Was scared for my hard earned license here. Management was completely absent, had to leave.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No lunch breaks whatsoever and patient to nurse ratio was dangerous to me.
High volumn work environment
Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
I completed x2 med passes and sick calls. I learned to rely on my gut when it came to prisoners. Use common sense and not be manipulated. Management was very controlling and micromanaged. The Culture was very low. The hardest part of the job was the extensive med passed and the most enjoyable was helping inmates get well.
Pros
job security
Cons
working in a hostile environment
Interesting workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2017
Rewarding job that allows nursing staff to serve an underserved patient pollution. Detention staff helpful and very professional. It is hard to be noticed or valued if you are over 40 years old.
Pros
never boring, great health benefits
Cons
barely every get a true lunch break
Supportive team and wonderful supervisors
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 4, 2017
This company contacted me about a job. I have not looked back since! Wonderful company that is owned by an entrepreneur and leader who is wonderful.....
Pros
Cons
I didn't start working here sooner....
Stable interesting company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2017
Great company to work for. Very interesting atmosphere with extremely good benefits. The doctors and nurses work well together and work extremely hard to provide adequate healthcare.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 16, 2017
Good place to work. Workload is manageable. 12 hour shifts. New medical unit. Management is good. Custody is friendly. Always protected and safe. Good learning experience.
Run from this job
medical director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2017
Run from t his job. I worked in a high level position in medical, and I was daily berated by people with no medical training on my decisions and my judgement. Sheriff's Dept personnel who have no medical knowledge feel they can root through charts and question care, and they will call you up on it daily. The admin HSAs are basically "yes men" who do the SO bidding. The basic staff, mid-level providers, nurses, MAs. are impaired because the SO criticizes them endlessly and the medical admin are too busy to do any teaching. Run from this job, you will never be able to do anything effective and you will be criticized at every turn. Naphcare is only interested in keeping the rather large contract, and will walk you off the property in a heartbeat, if they feel it is necessary to "protect the contract."
Pros
pays relatively well
Cons
everything about the job
Corrections Healthcare is Not for Everyone- Naphcare is Better then Most
Supervisor in Charge (Current Employee) –  Middleton, MAJune 1, 2017
Please understand what you are getting into, when you go into corrections healthcare, you are doing humanitarian work, that most do not want to deal with, in between all the bad guys are really nice people in bad situations, By going into corrections healthcare you will see a side of society that others never see.

There are many of these companies out there, Naphcare is one of the better ones, I question how long the people worked here, who wrote bad reviews. You will probably see, they were not there long, as this is probably because they were not prepared for the daily issues that come up in a Jail, One fight, and you are on hold for hours, remember, it is your safety and the officers safety Medical is usually left alone by the inmates, after all you are there to help. But watch a show like Jail Las Vegas, and then you will know what you are in for. It is exciting, interesting, and the pay scale is good.
Pros
Good Benefits OT if you want it.
Cons
Jail work is challenging
Unstable job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2017
Not very organized on my opinion I don't recommend this company to work with
I do think in overall employees are capable to do their jobs
Management sucks
Pros
Lacking of appreciation
Cons
Breaks are fair
Peasants
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2017
Management is great. There were just things out of managements hands that made the nurses feel like second class citizens compared to others in the facility.
Pros
Great Management, Days off, no micro managing
Cons
Parking, always short staffed
Very Poor Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
Management in Boston was very weak. Pretty much non existent. Always short staffed. Schedules were a mess. Very little accountability and the headquarters in Alabama would care less as long as there were staff hired. It was quantity not quality , nothing else mattered. This was not really a nursing job. A very long med pass is about it. Correctional Officers would usually cut the med line off and the inmates get upset that they did not get their medications. After about a month working here, you will feel like an inmate yourself. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Poor morale exists throughout the facility.
Pros
The inmates are actually cool
Cons
everything else
harsh environment to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 3, 2017
Hard work with little recognition - very harsh environment - i left voluntarily and would not return if requested ------------------------------------

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Naphcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7