Naphcare, Inc.

Naphcare, Inc. Employer Reviews

unsupportive management, no job security
Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: terrible management, hostile work environment, no praise for good work
management micromanages, unsupportive. Seems like they enjoy belittling and punishing staff. Hostile work environment. Dangerous for patients. No praise for good work, Most staff scared for their jobs due to incessant write ups for mundane non patient related things. However, certain Staff who make numerous dangerous errors on patients are not disciplined or dealt with because management is too busy harassing nurses who are working hard. Partially due to management playing favorites. Sad state of affairs.
Enjoyed patient population
Charge RN (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: not physically demanding
Cons: night shift
Triage Charge nurse, busy all the time, I learned how to deal with a wide variety of people, management was barely available, peers were fair, night shift was difficult, I enjoyed interacting with my patients, I enjoy working with underserved.
Run the other way
Healthcare professional (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 8, 2014
Cons: arrogant, poor pay, poor benefits.
Management is arrogant, if you question what they are doing, they say you are not a "good fit" for their company, if they hear you say anything negative, again,"you are not a good fit" for their company and you are walked out. They have their favorites who get what they want, others get shafted. They let individuals from another state transfer and take other peoples jobs. Policies that were in place prior to them, concerning patients are changed to save the company money, they are neglecting patient issues to save money. Those in charge make big bucks, those who do the actual work get low pay.
They boast about how low their medical insurance is, monthly it is low, but the co pays and deductibles are high.
ok place
Per Deim Nurse (Former Employee), Middleton, MANovember 30, 2014
management def had their favorites while I was there. there was an "in group" and if you were not there they treated you like dirt
Family friendly place to work.
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 28, 2014
It was a very good place to work. This was the first job I had in shipping/receiving, and I learned a lot.
Las Vegas NV CCDC
LPN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: was decent heathcare.
Cons: heavy unsafe med pass
Worked there just over a year. Monthly meeting were for us to "shut up not question and do as we were told!" Night shift nursing staff was rude and mostly Phillipino and if you weren't one of them u pretty much were on your own. Which is a good thing. Your times is mostly spent passing pills to the hundreds of inmates as fast as possible. I have to say I felt very safe there the CO's are hard working and always make sure the nurse is safe and by his or her side. There is No chance for advancement for a floor nurse. And if you report your charge nurse for coming to work drunk and showing dirty photos of himself your brushed off. When they are short staffed (which is often)the floor nurses r given more inmates to pass meds to while the charge nurses sit on their behinds. There is no mediation if a staff issue arises. At the end of your shift the boss shows up and your escorted out after being fired! Glad I was able to quit with my head held high!
Not a good Place to work/ Low pay
CMA (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 11, 2014
Pros: $1.25 for lunch daily
Cons: low pay, prn, no benefits, have to pay to park
I don't understand this company they want you to start off PRN and that is impossible( if you are looking to replace your old job) because your new hire paperwork states Full time. But for a undisclosed amount of time they want you PRN ( I thought that is what 90 probation was for) to make sure you are a good fit. The pay for Medical assistant is $14/hr which is really low and if you work downtown you have to pay for parking which is $5 a day or more. Don't waste your time with this company. I don't know anyone who get a full schedule with benefits in less than 6 months. It's not worth the hassle. The hourly pay does not match the amount of work they want you to do.
Poor spineless management
RN (Former Employee), Covington, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: clocking out
Cons: management spineless. lpn's uneducated
Do not apply for any job in this company. Upper management is clueless and spineless. They form their own conclusions without listening to the truth. They seem to enjoy seeing how many people they can let go instead of how many they can retain. This is why they are always scrambling for help to fill hours. This company sucks up to the wrong people. So, skip this job opportunity and find yourself a good company to work for. LPN's are uneducated and strongly lack professionalism.
Able to manage my own workflow with clear goals
Contract Liaison (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare, pto, time management
Cons: waiting on 3rd parties to complete a job
I have had many job titles in this company. I began as a temp and was soon hired on full time. I was given my responsibilities for each position held at hiring. It would be my responsibility to complete each task by the due date. Due dates issued were clear yet often changed. Multitasking was a definite skill acquired at this company. I learned how to manage accounts, read HCFA 1500 and UB medical bills and medical records. I obtained my HIPPA Certification my 2nd year through Naphcare's CE program. I learned how to verify legality of W-9's, NPI's, sub NPI's and groups by working with the IRS in laws and regulations. I would set up multimillion dollar facilities and physician groups for Direct Deposit payment and would report directly to the CFO. I would receive excel spreadsheets from the CFO of vendors whom would require further verification and documentation and complete lists in required time frame. Confidentiality was a major part of all of the positions held.
A stable medical management company with a great future.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: micromanagement from corporate.
Busy day with many people to see on a regular basis, never bored at work. Great support from onsite staff. Everyone at the company is very helpful and there when you need them. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the day to day. Most enjoyable part is making the difference in a person's life.
No decisions made by site management
nurse (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 22, 2014
Pros: some great skills and coworkers more on correction side
Cons: overworked, understaffed, management has zero integrity
Your site is managed by someone in Alabama that has no idea what is going on at your facility. They prefer nurses that are new grads due to the shady practices that are in place. Do not care at all about the patients you will hear all the time " we are not paying for this. It's only an inmate" As soon as you see something or realize people are working out of scope of practice or inmate care is subpar they will fire you. Run and never look back stay far away from this company especially if you have any integrity at all and would like to keep your license.
N/A
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work.
Very knowledgeable management staff.
Excellent experience
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYOctober 14, 2013
Pros: excellent schedule
Cons: no coverage for vacations, emergencies or illness. no room for advancement.
This company pays well, the schedule works out to be 12 days a month and is considered full time. It has been an excellent learning experience to work in a prison and learn to deal with difficult personalities and educate the inmate population on their chronic condition. It is a 6 station dialysis unit staffed with one RN and one technician. This poses some difficulty because two people running a dialysis unit is not ideal. The hardest part of the job is working in a basement of a jail and working without many of the amenities that you work with in an outside unit. There are drain flies which are a constant nuisance, it is difficult to get the state to maintain the facility as it should be. We are a contracted company and must rely on the state facility to address these issues. The schedule is amazing but it is hard to take a day off if you are ill, have an emergency or want to schedule a vacation unless you can find your own coverage which has been impossible for me to do since the per-diem staff have limited available time. There is no room for advancement since the home base is in Birmingham, AL and we are located in NY. Otherwise this has been a great job for me while i finished up my degree.
nice place to work
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee), massachusettsSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: 4 days off a week
Cons: long days
Long days 14 hrs but it is only 3 days a week so its nice to have 4 days off a week
Highly unprofessional
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2013
I was very excited to begin my career with NaphCare, however when I was asked in my interview how do I deal with mess I should of took that as my red flag. Now the company itself is a good one, but management is very unprofessional. This is the type of company that run in groups and if you do not conform they will get you out. The scheduler supervisor does not know the meaning of professionalism or confidentality and sooner or later it will all blow up in her face. I think the work environment itself is what makes the company as a whole look bad. There are a lot of excellent employees that come in and out of those doors, but women, their caddiness and having no inner peace is what makes it a high turnaround. I am not saying do not work there or do not apply, but if you do just keep to yourself, trust no one and cover your tail. Hopefully, the big guys on the 4th floor will one day take a deep internal look at why the scheduling department has a high turnaround and will figure out that management is all behind it.
Run in the opposite direction and don't look back!
doctor (Current Employee), USAApril 29, 2013
Pros: good compensation
Cons: terrible management, making workplace miserable and no support.
I have practiced for over 20 years as a doctor, and I have never seen such poor management staff! They micro-manage, question your treatment, undermine your professional decisons, and keep you in the dark about choices affecting your workplace. Communication is their worst characteristic. They attempt to control their staff by keeping them guessing. You will be fired at a drop of a hat, they will look for any reason to get rid of you if you are not one of the gang. You are always looking over your shoulder. Watch out if you choose this company. Ask how long the last individual filled your position until he couldn't take it anymore. You'll be shocked. Do yourself a favor and Google this company's track record. They have been involved in many lawsuits due to sub-par care. The compensation is very good if you can stand it for a few months to make a few bucks, but be very careful. I am leaving as soon as I find another postion. Otherwise, run in the opposite direction and don't look back.

July 13, 2013

I strongly agree with you...RUN as fast as you can!!! After 3 days , that was spent, "Shadowing" only, it was determined by the HSA that "I was not going to be a fit with the staff, & the facility's needs!" How "Unethical" is that, not to mention unprofessional! At least I know why Corporate hires people like these "So-Called HSA's as Mid-Management, its b/c they can't think for themselves...they're just puppets on Corporates strings!

Good company to work for.
LPN, RN. (Former Employee), A couple of them.April 25, 2013
Pros: promotes from within, good benefits, room for growth. if you love corrections this is the company to work for.
Cons: all companies have ups and downs.
I worked for the company for about 4 years. I was able to move up the ladder fairly quickly. Upper management is reachable and caring. I have to leave the company due to unfortunate circumstances in my private life, otherwise I would still be with the company. I hope one day I can come back and once again belong to the NaphCare family.
Amazing firm to be a part of
Anonomysis (Current Employee), AnonomysisApril 23, 2013
There are times when things do not go the way I expected, but it's usually for the good... This is a great firm to be a part of each day. With our growth we've encountered some growing pangs, but most continue to expand their own knowledge and strengthen the company's growth. If you work hard it doesn't go unnoticed! I am happy to come to work each day to be a part of a company with morals and standards.
Productive efficient staff and environment
Professional (Current Employee), AlabamaApril 16, 2013
Pros: work-life balance, benefits, pay, overall management team
Cons: none so far...
I am a fairly new employee but did some research before I accepted the position. I must say I got high remarks from everyone I asked who had connections to the company. No bad marks at all. Since coming to NaphCare I have been at ease with the decision and path I taken in professional career. The best thing is the wonderful work-life balance that all seem to adhere to. Family is very important to managers here! I think this was a good move for me!!!
Awesome Company!
Healthcare professional (Current Employee), NaphCare, Inc.April 14, 2013
Pros: benefits are wonderful and very inexpensive for employees
Cons: some people may not like being responsible for their results
I've been at NaphCare for a couple of years now and think it is a great Company to work for. The Company is growing very fast and remains focused on its patients, employees, and customers. I enjoy working hard and being trusted to do my job the right way and also being held accountable to that. The management team is super supportive and will sacrifice their own personal time to be sure I have everything I need to help others.

About Naphcare, Inc.

NaphCare, Inc. is uniquely qualified as a correctional healthcare partner, having provided a wide range of services since 1989. – Read more

Naphcare, Inc. Photos