Napleton Automotive Employee Reviews

Good learning experience while it lasted.
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ellwood City, PAOctober 13, 2017
I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. They all lie to your face saying that they are happy to have you on the team and then it’s over. It could of been better trained.
Pros
Learned from a person that has been in the field for over 30+ years
Cons
Let go after 3 1/2 weeks. POOR communication and management.
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILSeptember 17, 2017
great place to work, productive and fun workplace with ping pong table, free lunches. great fast paced enviorment, great employees, and customers at that location.
Pros
free lunches
Tough Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Very tough upper management. Unrealistic expectations. Inexperienced. High turnover rate and generally poor pay plans. I would highly recommend staying away from this group.
Management lies, screams at you and cheats customers
Service (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 3, 2017
Bad company to work for! Horrible management! Unrealistic expectations from the owners. Leadership is needed, not someone just literally yelling demands.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Tension in the air, everywhere
Not a good company to work for
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLMay 17, 2017
There is so much that can be said about the Napleton Automotive Group but I'll start by saying this, the management and the way that they run this dealership is beyond horrible and I feel bad for the customers, no respect for their employees, there is much unpleasant harassment, disrespecting of others and no confidentiality in this place. They rip customers, they throw away customers product cancellaions, they sign customers contracts which is "forgery" and there's no need to complain to higher management because nothing and I mean absolutely nothing gets done. I can only say that out of over 50 employees at this one particular dealership in Palm Beach Florida I may miss one person from the entire store, Napleton Automotive Group you all need much help and prayer.
Out of town owner
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOMay 8, 2017
The pay plan is a joke. Any managers that are good just leave. Have had friends in the past tell me to steer clear of the Napletons dealerships because it is a revolving door and now I know why. Basically if you respect yourself steer clear. They don't just lie to the customers. Corporate people come in and act friendly but I don't trust the types of idiots that put the people in charge.
Pros
Saturday lunch is free. Most of the sales people are good people.
Cons
Management. Pay plan. Unorganized
Worst place ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2017
So glad to have left that place the way they look down on all employees and treat you is horrible. Worst place ever!! They rip people off as much as possible until they are caught. Parts they mark the prices over double what list price is then yell at you for marking it down to even make the sale.
Pros
Non really
Cons
Poor management, peoples attitudes and to much more to list
#TheBestPlaceToWork
General Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOApril 3, 2017
I have been in the auto industry for 25 years.

I have worked at some of the largest franchises located in St. Louis and St. Charles County.

While holding positions that range from Sales, Finance Manager, Sales Manager, General Sales Manager and now as the General Manager of Napleton Honda in St Peter's. I am proud to say I work for one of the top dealerships in the country!

Napleton has 39 franchises and has been family owned since 1931. To have that kind of stability says a lot about a company.

I had the honor to meet Ed Napleton himself during a company semi-annual meeting. It was humbling to see Mr Napleton himself taking the time to explain the philosophy of this great company. Great ethics start at the top. We are always hiring great people. If your in the St Louis area, and looking for a rewarding career call me direct at the Honda St Peter's. God Bless the United States!

#TheBestPlaceToWork
Pros
Rewarded for hardwork
Hard work pays off
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 28, 2017
I have been working with the Napleton Dealership Group almost 3 years and I can clearly say that I have finally found the perfect job for me. This company is very family oriented and I can clearly say that I have never worked with a family company that works as hard as this family. Everyone of the family members that I work directly with works just as hard, if not harder than most of the employees. I respect each and every member of the family, company and the Management Team. I work with a great group of people and have to say that if you work hard, you are recognized for doing a great job. Napleton has turned out to be a great company to work for.
Cons
It's too bad that there is no company match on the 401K
10 Years and Counting :)
Controller/Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Central FloridaMarch 28, 2017
This organization has great people at all levels . Motivates new talent and gives opportunity to learn. I enjoy the challenging aspects of my job, always learning and growing.
Pros
Challenging, Great Support
Cons
No 401k Match
Fantastic family to work for!!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMarch 28, 2017
I have been with the Napleton family for 36 years and have learned everything I know from the excellent management staff and owners. They have always been good to me and I would not want to work anywhere else. Excellent business to work for!!
Pros
Great atmosphere and team work
Cons
I am very happy with my job with the Ed Napleton automotive group
Controller (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILMarch 28, 2017
If you are a good employee to them, they will be a good employer to you. They are more than fair.
I have learned many things in my years with the company. Being part of a big group means opportunity to learn and advance.
Pros
Discounts on vehicle purchases and service
Cons
Open holidays
Opportunity Knocks
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMarch 28, 2017
Napleton is a constantly growing organization, and one of the best dealer groups to work for. There is "huge opportunity" here.

I am blessed to part of one of the best management teams, that I have ever worked with, in my 30 + years in the car business.

I can honestly say that since I've been employed at Napleton, I have had the opportunity to improve. I have always been somewhat of an overachiever, and I have had the chance to make improvements (in myself, and in the store itself), and to achieve my personal goals as well. I do make very good money, but I work very hard for it.

Anybody who thinks that they can be successful by just "showing up at the dealership, and doing the minimum", is in the wrong business.

The hours are long. (It is the automobile business). I have never been denied needed time off, If you come to work to work, and do your job, you will make money. Nobody here wants to see anyone fail. Quite the contrary.

Overall, I have been very happy in my 3 + years here at Napleton.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
None, other than "Its the car business".
Outstanding Team to be a part of
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILMarch 27, 2017
I have worked for Mr. Napleton for almost 15 years now and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I started writing service and became Service Manager down the road. I feel that it is a great working environment with room to advance within the company.
Have been employed here 35 years - obviously a great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, IlMarch 27, 2017
Great company for promoting qualified people from within the dealership. Love the family, caring, attitude of all the employees.
Daily duties here include, accounting, HR, and payroll. Find that the attitude of the leaders, GM's , Controller etc. are uplifting, and positive. All willing to train and teach which makes taking on different tasks easier.

Office has very little turnover and has very qualified long term staff
which makes the paper flow efficient. Have many long term, knowledgeable salespeople, that promotes return customers.
Pros
Provide lunches on Saturday to the sales staff and Friday lunch to the office staff
Cons
Only issue, as a long term employee is that they do not participate or match the 401K contibutions.
great company
mgr (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 27, 2017
if you do your job its a great place to work they reward people for doing good , they don't want to have a lot of turn over they want to take care of people
Great Place to Work
Controller (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 27, 2017
Everyone at the Napleton group is family oriented. The company is very flexible with time needed to attend children's functions, and they are always more than happy to work with you as you need. The company is extremely geared towards family, and that sometimes difficult balance of family and work life. Napleton group takes care of those that work hard for them. A great company to work for.
Life Changing Opportunity
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMarch 27, 2017
I first came to this company with the idea I was going to be a finance manager at the CDJR store in Saint Louis Missouri. I was brought into the company with years of General Sales Manager and F&I training and was looking to grow with the company.

I was given the Opportunity to run the Mid Rivers Kia store as the General Sales Manager. We completely turn the store around in a matter of 12 months with the support of the amazing corporate support staff and the store is now running great numbers and continue to grow month over month.

In 2016 I was promoted the the General Manager at the Mid Rivers Kia store and just a few months ago I was made Partner in this GREAT Company.

The amazing thing about the Napleton Automotive Group is that even with the size they treat each store as if it was the only one and give us all the support we need to be successful in operating one of their stores.

They offer huge opportunities to grow with the company and I plan on staying as long as they will have me.
Pros
Support, Income, Growth Opportunities, Healthcare
Great place to make a career!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 27, 2017
I have worked for Napleton for 6 years and after 20 years in the automobile industry this has been the absolute best. Open communication with the General Manager and Owner is encouraged not discouraged like so many other dealers.
I have more vacation time than I've ever had at the dealership level. Being part of a corporation I always feel they are striving to better all situations. I would recommend Napleton to anyone in any position.
Awesome Company to work for!!!!!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellwood City, PAMarch 27, 2017
Napleton Auto Group is a wonderful place to work. Owners are great people. It is a pleasure to work to this Company. If you are thinking about joining our company you should!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Napleton Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9