Nars Cosmetics Employee Reviews

very stressful
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYNovember 21, 2017
Very stressful environment, upper management speaks down to you as if you are uneducated. No room for growth. Make sarcastic comments towards you regarding family/balance/life.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
lack of empathy
Creative high energy
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2017
Nars is a great company. Everyone is excess able, which is a great thing. Some of the people in upper management had very poor integrity. I'm speaking to the cosmetics department.
Fun place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 11, 2017
Positive work environment, room for growth, constant learning and advancement. Great freelance team to work with. Great customers. Management is very supportive and always has your best interest in mind.
Loved this job the most
Headquarter Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
Great company- great team spirit. Make up artists are wonderful. They treat employees extremely well and they genuinely care about you. Can work from home. Treat you like adults.
Pros
remote work life
Cons
low pay, not easy growth within the company
Good company
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2017
I have limited experience as I only worked a handful of doors but I would recommend working for NARS. Their products are the best!!
Loved the experience with the company culture and products
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAFebruary 26, 2016
Working with NARS was the idea experience working for a company I admired and the products I had loved since using them in makeup training. The freelance opportunity was drastically reduced due to budget cuts after 2014 in the Washington DC Metro area.
Pros
Excellent products and company
Cons
budget cut for freelance opportunities
fun
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 15, 2015
great company to work for. the makeup is amazing. company itself is a little strict as far as uniform, hair tied back, etc. besides that it was great. lots of fun colors to work with and achieve fun cool and young looks.
Productive and fun work environment
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Company supports staff and their goals. Not all about numbers but how one can grow within the company. The most fun part of the job is working with clients establishing great relationships.
Pros
Reimburstment for uniform
Cons
Slow store traffic
Great Makeup Brand
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I love the brand and highly recommend it. I love the NEW HD Foundation. it feels light on the skin. Coverage is Medium to Full.
Must try!!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No health benefits for freelancers
Freelances are treated like dirt
Regional Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  new orleans, laMarch 6, 2015
I currently freelance for this company and they are terrible. I have been with them for 3 years and I can count on one hand the amount of Gratis (free makeup) they have given me. My accounts are all in very good standing and they never schedule hours correctly or train on new product. Don't freelance for this brand.
Pros
Prestige
Cons
No Gratis (free makeup)
sales
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Poor management, long hours, no work life balance. Salary is low.
Pros
samples
Cons
Excellent company culture that provided many tools for success.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2013
I demonstrated lifestyle products that helped boost my clients confidence. I gave detailed instruction on how to use cosmetics and skin care to enhance natural beauty. The Account Executive for Nars Cosmetics was directive and supportive of my daily business plans which helped me to achieve 30-35% increases at Nordstrom.

Cosmetic sales is highly competitive and I thrived in that environment while maintaining great rapport with co-workers. I created a welcoming and educational space for interested clients as well as enticed skeptical, yet potential customers. The products were outstanding and usually spoke for themselves.

The most important thing I learned as a product demonstrator was to listen to the clients needs. I asked more questions than I gave answers. My number one job was to satisfy the needs of the customer and consequently, that was the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
Pros
Semi-annual educational seminars, gratis, and excellent incentives for sales increase.
Cons
Very little room for advancement
fun workplace
Professional makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 3, 2012
overall fun with meeting new clients and doing what I love. You manage your own counter and really get to take control of your own way of selling the product.