Nars Cosmetics Employee Reviews

sales
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: samples
Cons: long hours
Poor management, long hours, no work life balance. Salary is low.
Excellent company culture that provided many tools for success.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: semi-annual educational seminars, gratis, and excellent incentives for sales increase.
Cons: very little room for advancement
I demonstrated lifestyle products that helped boost my clients confidence. I gave detailed instruction on how to use cosmetics and skin care to enhance natural beauty. The Account Executive for Nars Cosmetics was directive and supportive of my daily business plans which helped me to achieve 30-35% increases at Nordstrom.

Cosmetic sales is highly competitive and I thrived in that environment while maintaining great rapport with co-workers. I created a welcoming and educational space for interested clients as well as enticed skeptical, yet potential customers. The products were outstanding and usually spoke for themselves.

The most important thing I learned as a product demonstrator was to listen to the clients needs. I asked more questions than I gave answers. My number one job was to satisfy the needs of the customer and consequently, that was the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
fun workplace
Professional makeup artist (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 3, 2012
overall fun with meeting new clients and doing what I love. You manage your own counter and really get to take control of your own way of selling the product.