Nars Cosmetics Employee Reviews in United States

fun
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 15, 2015
great company to work for. the makeup is amazing. company itself is a little strict as far as uniform, hair tied back, etc. besides that it was great. lots of fun colors to work with and achieve fun cool and young looks.
Productive and fun work environment
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Company supports staff and their goals. Not all about numbers but how one can grow within the company. The most fun part of the job is working with clients establishing great relationships.
Pros
Reimburstment for uniform
Cons
Slow store traffic
Great Makeup Brand
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I love the brand and highly recommend it. I love the NEW HD Foundation. it feels light on the skin. Coverage is Medium to Full.
Must try!!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No health benefits for freelancers
Freelances are treated like dirt
Regional Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  new orleans, laMarch 6, 2015
I currently freelance for this company and they are terrible. I have been with them for 3 years and I can count on one hand the amount of Gratis (free makeup) they have given me. My accounts are all in very good standing and they never schedule hours correctly or train on new product. Don't freelance for this brand.
Pros
prestige
Cons
no gratis (free makeup)
sales
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Poor management, long hours, no work life balance. Salary is low.
Pros
samples
Cons
Excellent company culture that provided many tools for success.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2013
I demonstrated lifestyle products that helped boost my clients confidence. I gave detailed instruction on how to use cosmetics and skin care to enhance natural beauty. The Account Executive for Nars Cosmetics was directive and supportive of my daily business plans which helped me to achieve 30-35% increases at Nordstrom.

Cosmetic sales is highly competitive and I thrived in that environment while maintaining great rapport with co-workers. I created a welcoming and educational space for interested clients as well as enticed skeptical, yet potential customers. The products were outstanding and usually spoke for themselves.

The most important thing I learned as a product demonstrator was to listen to the clients needs. I asked more questions than I gave answers. My number one job was to satisfy the needs of the customer and consequently, that was the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
Pros
semi-annual educational seminars, gratis, and excellent incentives for sales increase.
Cons
very little room for advancement
fun workplace
Professional makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 3, 2012
overall fun with meeting new clients and doing what I love. You manage your own counter and really get to take control of your own way of selling the product.