Nars Cosmetics

Nars Cosmetics United States Employee Reviews

Freelances are treated like dirt
Regional Makeup Artist (Current Employee), new orleans, laMarch 6, 2015
Pros: prestige
Cons: no gratis (free makeup)
I currently freelance for this company and they are terrible. I have been with them for 3 years and I can count on one hand the amount of Gratis (free makeup) they have given me. My accounts are all in very good standing and they never schedule hours correctly or train on new product. Don't freelance for this brand.
sales
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: samples
Cons: long hours
Poor management, long hours, no work life balance. Salary is low.
Excellent company culture that provided many tools for success.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: semi-annual educational seminars, gratis, and excellent incentives for sales increase.
Cons: very little room for advancement
I demonstrated lifestyle products that helped boost my clients confidence. I gave detailed instruction on how to use cosmetics and skin care to enhance natural beauty. The Account Executive for Nars Cosmetics was directive and supportive of my daily business plans which helped me to achieve 30-35% increases at Nordstrom.

Cosmetic sales is highly competitive and I thrived in that environment while maintaining great rapport with co-workers. I created a welcoming and educational space for interested clients as well as enticed skeptical, yet potential customers. The products were outstanding and usually spoke for themselves.

The most important thing I learned as a product demonstrator was to listen to the clients needs. I asked more questions than I gave answers. My number one job was to satisfy the needs of the customer and consequently, that was the most enjoyable aspect of my job.

About Nars Cosmetics

If you want to kiss and make up, Shiseido can supply the accoutrements. Shiseido Americas is a subsidiary of Shiseido, Japan's – Read more