NASA Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

do not work here
Member Service Associate (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 7, 2015
the pay is terrible, the management sucks, and there's no room to move up. unemployment pays better than NASA smh...stay away!!!
Decent
Debit Card Associate II (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 13, 2014
Pros: back office receives more incentives. appreciation is felt. decent benefits.
Cons: back office receives more incentives. management is always right.
Aside from lack of management support, it's an okay place to work.
Worst Management/VP in Loan Servicing and Collections
Loan Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: company training department keeps things exciting with skits and new hire parties.
Cons: incompetent and racist management team in loan servicing, quick to fire people of color.
Hard working employees are taken advantage of, used and abused with no appreciation from management. Manager is incompetent of all departmental duties, does not back or support employees. No training or structure in the department and no pay increases or growth potential. The more you do, the more they expect you to do and figure out on your own. The moment you feel like you have been taken advantage, out the door you go! Worst management team I have even seen in my 15 years experience in servicing!! Incapable of empathy for employees or how to assign duties. Single Black females...please don't waste your time. You don't stand a chance! 4 single black females gone in 2014 alone...8 single black females gone in 3 years time under the same management team!! Get the picture??
A unique experience
Assistant Manager of Member Services (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDOctober 31, 2014
The customers were amazing and became like family. Management was 50/50 as far as employee satisfaction.
Experince is everything
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 9, 2014
Great place to get your foot in door with unlimited growth potential.
Supervisor Experience
Head Teller (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great working enviroment, technology and systems were outstanding, very beneficial products and services
Open/closed branch. In charge of daily branch reports, Cash ordering, audits, monetary instruments, CTRs, cash dispense machines and ATMs. Supervised teller staff, month reviews, job schedules, training schedules.
great job if you have patience
MSA (Current Employee), MDJune 26, 2014
Pros: sick time
Cons: member can get the worst of you at times.
I really enjoyed my time here management was very great and understanding and I personally enjoyed the culture there.
Signs of decline
Member Service Associate (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 8, 2014
Pros: good credit union to have as a financial institution
Cons: management and politics are toxic
I did not enjoy my experience at NASA Federal. Things were great at headquarters for orientation. Once I got to the branch, I could not believe I left my prior institution to deal with the people I worked with.
Productive and fun workplace and team
FIRST MORTGAGE SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MarylandApril 14, 2014
I loved the team that I worked with and the work ethic was wonderful. Learned a lot about the title industry and grew as an individual and employee.
Very friendly environment
MSA I (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: have a set career path depending on what you want to be.
Cons: there are not many companies through out the world.
This is one company I can say make you feel like you are a part of a family. Everyone have a common goal and that is to succeed and help others to succeed also.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bowie, MDSeptember 6, 2013
• Performed customer service in person and via telephone for current bank clients
• Performed cross-selling of bank products as well as asset gathering through opening new accounts and sales to new clients.
• Handled high volumes of work in time efficient manner through organization, diligence and work focus.
Don't do it
Consumer Loan Processor II /Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 2, 2013
Pros: they have great benefits.
Cons: the employees there are complacent.
I learned quickly this is a place where racism still exists. You must befriend management and share nothing with co-workers.
Great Bank
Teller (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDApril 24, 2013
At NASA Federal I Perform various accounting transactions and reconciliation tasks, such as cash transactions, opening certificate deposits and paying customers’ bills, while following financial security guidelines.
This is a great place to work
Reseach Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 25, 2012
Pros: the lunch time is not long enough since we only have two short breaks in between.
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work and peoples are so nice there. Great hours to work there 8 to 4:30 .
Exceptional organization
Communications and Public Relations Manager (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 25, 2012
People and executive management are exceptional. Core values are in line with my ideals. Proud to work here.
Processing 2nd Mortgage loans
2nd Mortgage Loan Consultant (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 17, 2012
Verified income documents, ordered homeowners insurance, verified citizenship, determined DTI, determined LTV, provided rates, main point of contact for customers questions, prepared file for loan closing, created GFE and TIL, scheduled loan closing
Professional workplace with room to grow
Human Resources - Intern (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 14, 2012
I've worked here as an intern for two summers. This isn't just a paper pushing work place. I've gotten to dig my hands into several different disciplines... and they haven't just let me shadow here... They TRAIN me. It's been a great experience with a variety of characters here.

Different departments have their own vibe and energy. Management is great on all ends I believe though.

The hardest part of the job is that with a smaller company like this, actions have a greater impact. And sometimes things can get stressful with the workload. And with all of the things to do it can be hard to stay on top.

But overall it's a good experience, at least for me.
Innovative and cutting edge technology
Assistant VP of Sales & Business Development (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 15, 2012
Pros: benefits, great people
Cons: too many policies
Great place to work. Strong executive team that listens to employeess.
Financial Institution that lived up to it's billing
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 13, 2012
Most enjoyable part of this job was placing customers/members with product fit their immediate and long term needs.
Professional work Environment great place to work
ATM Specialist/Teller III (Former Employee), Greenbelt MarylandApril 18, 2012
Pros: learning more task
Cons: always being dependable
My work days are like a home away from home to me, I look forward to arriving on time first, once I've arrived I attend my job duties, and I try to stay busy on a daily basis. I am a people person, so communication is a big part in my life, i enjoyed working with co-worker. I had worked for this company for ten years and it was a great opportunity for me, i have learned many different trades with this company, such as processing loan, account opening, cash flow, in balancing (ATM) Automated Teller Machines. Overall Its a great business and was a great learning opportunity for me.