NASA

NASA United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
This is one of the best places I've ever worked. Except for the lack of advancement opportunities, I have nothing negative to say.
There's no micro managing at NASA, however the chief of TAO has no clue to what HR consist of
Jr. HR Specialist/Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDApril 20, 2015
Pros: Team building/Luncheons
Cons: Not having good leadership
Management(Chief) of TAO is AWFUL! No team ethics, co workers throw one another under the bus and specialist want their hand held. The most enjoyable is when we have team building activities.
Excellent place to work prefessionally.
Senior RM Analyst / Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Professional freedom envioronment in working for NASA.
Cons: No job security nearly with all defense agencies.
Defense contractor such as NASA do not have satisfactory job security. When Governments in Washington DC change projects get cancelled.
Great Place to Work
Chief, Program & Project Integration Division (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Being a part of history
Cons: Losing two Orbiters
Working with NASA from the beginning of the Shuttle Program to the last touch down of the Orbiter was something you never forget. Additionally being responsible for the infrastructure to assemble and test each element of the International Space Station is the highlight of my time at KSC.

Words cannot describe the fulfillment and enjoyment of all the highs and lows throughout the years at NASA and KSC.
A wonderful place to work with great opportunities to travel
Team Lead and Senior Meeting Planner (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits package, flexible hours, culturally diverse work culture, and lots of work
Cons: Poor enhanced skill development and advancement opportunities for contractors.
NASA seems like a fantastic place to work for official NASA employees. As a government contractor it is an honor to support such awesome work. My position affords me a number of great opportunities to travel and work with some really incredible dynamic people.
Not for all
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), merritt island, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Work life balance is amazing
Cons: Very little challenge from daily work, and not much room for advancement
Worl life balance is nice, considering you don't work any more than 40 hours per week, this comes at a price however. The pay is small, and the work is dull.
Great High School - College Co-op Programs
Admin Assistant - Research Science Division (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: great community, high class security
Enjoyed a high school and college intern position at JSC. They pay was great for a high school/college student. The co-workers were very helpful and provided good direction to the interns. I learned a lot about NASA and its operations.
Great Job
Internship (Former Employee), Cocoa, FLMarch 29, 2015
Great company to work for. Amazing work environment. They provide extra training and classes to help employees. Great benefits(health, vacation, investing). Amwesome management group and support.
Fun exciting space, but laid off anytime
Calibration Specialist (Current Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLMarch 27, 2015
Great exciting time for NASA, culture is very exclusive. Paid well, and work hard, but every October you job is up for being gone due to a Senator's whim. Sick of it.
fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: gym
Cons: pay
I learned something new everyday. exciting environment where you will work on a different every single day. My boss was very easy going
Amazing opportunity
International Space Development Conference (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: positive work experience and beneficial experience.
Working for NASA was, quite simply, one of the best work experiences that I have ever had. Provided untold benefits that I have benefited from - to this very day.
great place to work and learn
Hazard Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2015
always a productive day, learning was not limit. Co-workers were the greatest. there was always room for advisement. a very caring place to work
Space Comm facility.
Systems / Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), New MexicoMarch 9, 2015
Pros: steady work flow
Cons: slow pace
Nice place to work. Incredible what a limited amount of individuals can do. Excellent co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the drive to the location.
NASA provides a fast paced, challenging environment, with high job satisfaction
Lead Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: sense of personal accomplishment and a challenging, learning environment
Cons: growing federal bureaucracy
Working at NASA is very motivating because of the strong connection with the mission. Every day presented new challenges and opportunities to perform your best, and to help others succeed. In the big picture, that was my contribution to space exploration.

The hardest part of the job was being asked to solve high profile budget or management problems in which I had little previous experience, other than my business acumen. But, these challenges were also the most rewarding, because I was able to work with smart people to solve problems in a creative way and to present new options to management, often saving time and money.
Rewarding work at NASA
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work with the NASA Educational division, in the NASA Explorer Schools Program (NES), was very rewarding working with educators and student in a disadvantage school district. The NES Program help developed new innovative ways to teach educators and students in the Science/ Technology fields. I traveled to promote the NES Program all over the world. I registered educators to the NES Program. NES Program offered on-line Competition for students and educators to travel to a NASA Facilities to present their projectiles to an diverse career panel of scientists; and the educators attended and workshop to learn new curriculum to teach in the classroom.
Great atmosphere, fun hands-on experiments, awesome co-workers
Test Pilot (Current Employee), CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: get paid to practice different aspects of flying
Cons: limited hours
I got the job through another friend at SJSU who told me about SJSU's ARC-TH program with NASA. Each day of work can be strenuous and fast-paced, but I do what I love. Co-workers all have the same feeling. We have fun while working hard, and management is very friendly and give us room to work as they trust us pilots. I love the dense air traffic communication simulations. However, there are a lot more test pilot's than they have adequate work so hours are quite limited.
Overall a good work environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Professional and productive place to work. Slow to adopt the latest technologies. Overall a good work environment with friendly co-workers
Productive and Great Social Environment
Intern, Equal Opportunity Programs Office (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJanuary 28, 2015
A typical work day consisted of me assisting other staff members in their daily operations such as policy research and preparing documents for staff briefings. Sometimes it could involve me reviewing applications of individuals seeking employment. I learned a lot from reviewing applications and how to prepare documents for certain meetings. The hardest part for me would have to be actually having the opportunity to sit in meetings and trying to stay focused. The most enjoyable part was being able to see the whole campus at Goddard Space and Flight and being in the building where satellites are built.
gov"t contract
Administrative Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2015
nice place to work, the contract company was not good. really enjoyed the job
Wonderful Opportunity
Management Support (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Never had a position so wonderfully full of excitement and challenge on a daily basis. Always something new and fun going on here.

1 2 3 4 5

About NASA

The NASA Innovative Lunar Demonstrations Data (ILDD) contracts provide for issuance of delivery orders that will specify data – Read more

NASA Salaries