NASA

NASA Employer Reviews

One word...Awesome
System/IT Security Administrator (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: it was nasa; hello space junkies?!
Cons: it was an externship out of college and not dirct dod employment
This was the first job I obtained before I fully attained my degree; I worked closely with fellow classmates finishing college and learned the everyday pressures we were going to face in our future careers.
Interesting job
Operation Safety Officer (Current Employee), Wallops Island, VaAugust 12, 2014
My day normally consist of procedure reviews, safety evaluations, missle build up and launch, enviromental safety. All of these functions are apart of my responsibilities as well as the safety of personel being monitored.
contributing to the US Space program is a very rewarding experience
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: space flight
Cons: paperwork
No matter what obstacles or personal agendas the program must move forward.
A perpetually fascinating job. . .
Mirror Replication Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 10, 2014
Fabrication of x-ray mirror shell optics in the electroforming facility was not a typical office job. Facility did not have air-conditioning and working conditions were less than ideal for one person. . . While the work was certainly fascinating, the lack of manpower and funding to maintain equipment and hire personnel can lead to more work and greater – more... responsibilities and stress placed on only a few individuals. – less
Crawford Consulting/NASA
Directorate Planner (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDAugust 8, 2014
 Provide oversight to planning projects, ensure compliance with technical standards, and long range strategic guidance for major capital investments. Provide planning and program expertise to develop requirements documents, project scope, justifications, schedule and cost estimates. These products shall accurately describe facilities, systems, and – more... equipment used in the conduct of aerospace research, development, and operations programs at GSFC – less
Very worthwhile projects. Good wojrking atmosphere
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 31, 2014
A lot of work and overtime, but rewarding experience for its objective
No comment.
Integration Analysis Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2014
Had a summer internship there. They have a big internship program which is great.
astronaut training
Certified Space Shuttle Instructor (Former Employee), Center, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: astronauts
Cons: jpb security
fun working with astronauts
interesting systems
highly productive staff
Productivity
Computer Security Engineer (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FloridaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: invited to view processes most would never have the opportunity to see.
Cons: numerous meetings
Expectations and standards are high. Quality of and quantity of participation was commendable.Employees understood, although they had their place in the big picture of the mission at hand, IT security was there to assist in doing so without compromising the confidentiality, Integrity,and availability of the systems involved.
Great place to work, good people, interesting assignments, important goals
Senior Conference Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 22, 2014
Facilitating communication among the international partners in the aerospace industry
Graduate Student Research Assistant
Swift Science Operations Team Member (Current Employee), State College, PAJuly 21, 2014
I worked for Penn State/NASA as a graduate student research associated in conjunction with my Ph.D. program. Rating of company, salary, and personal experience are not typical of a regular full-time employee.
Great
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJuly 18, 2014
This was an awesome place to work. I learned a lot and got excellent experience needed to perform my job tasks at the best of my ability.
Family Business
Sports Columnist (Current Employee), Westminster, COJuly 15, 2014
Family Owned Business. I am the State chairman in Colorado for this lifting Federaion
Great Association
Vice President of Native American Student Alliance (Former Employee), Cuyamaca collegeJune 27, 2014
Me and my fellow Native American students at Cuyamaca college created this association to help promote cultural awareness.
Productive and a Learning Enviroment
Floor tech (Former Employee), New Orleans LaJune 25, 2014
Working in the NASA building I learned a lot of different things. I would start my day off cleaning up the machine room. A lot of small metal shaving that would fall out of the machine as they made different parts.
a fantasy career
Project Support Manager (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJune 22, 2014
Pros: very interesting every day
A great place to grow educationally as well as personally. Advancement is there for all if you want it. Gorgeous campus, great people, and very exciting.
productive, never not working work place
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), louisianaJune 19, 2014
Pros: off on national holidays and wekends
Cons: everything is an experience to help build your life
Here at the USDA you work with over 500 people, You are never not working. You have a work phone which allows the people who need my help to be able to contact me and I can set up a time to come work on their computer. You will for sure get an exercise in due to the building being so large, therefore I'm always on my feet. One of the best part is that – more... I'm not suffocated with everything because i set them up with times therefore they know when to expect me. Management is very well put, this is a government company. Their also very understanding, not saying that i take off just because but when I had my first child they allowed me to leave to go out of town to see my baby being born. – less
Great place to work. Management and benefits are not desirable.
FOREMAN-BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 16, 2014
Working here has been a great experience and I have learned a lot. The management and benefits are less then desirable. EMCOR is a 3rd party contract to NASA and our headquarters is located on the east coast. HR/Payroll not attentive to employees needs
Great Experience
HHMI Researcher (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaMay 21, 2014
This position was a research position. I was fortunate to work as an undergraduate researcher. The research culture at Carnegie Mellon University is great, and I am very happy to have been a part of it. I gained experience working as a researcher in a professional setting with the most brilliant minds of my field.
NASA
Senior Design Project - Texas A&M (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 21, 2014
Great Ideas and innovative projects. people are very driven

1 2 3 4 5

About NASA

The NASA Innovative Lunar Demonstrations Data (ILDD) contracts provide for issuance of delivery orders that will specify data – Read more