NASA Employee Reviews

Inspiring place to work
Strategic Analyst and Integrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2017
NASA is the heart of exploration! It's fun, the projects are interesting, and the people are creative. The schedule is decent, however, they are not big on teleworking or as flexible as they could be.
Pros
great vacation and sick leave, exciting projects
Cons
not flexible, too conservative
Fun place to work
Programmer/Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
Technically a little behind the times
Class separation contractor government employees
a lot of red tape
Cool projects
Secure safe employment
Has its own daycare
Pros
Cool Campus
Cons
not a lot of advancement
Poorly Put Together Internship Program
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 14, 2017
I'm not saying anything bad about NASA as a whole. All I know is my experience as an intern was rough because I was by myself working in a lab all day all summer. The other interns were weird and I had trouble making friends. Work was very interesting and very difficult. Of course, one of the Lead Engineers daughter who was a complete moron won the intern competition at the end of the summer. Political stuff in the government is a little ridiculous and gets old.
Very nice place to work minus the cut throat activity
Secretary (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoy working here, however I am a contractor so we are not treated the same way. They care about most of their employees and they live by "family first" creed.
Pros
fun events
Cons
cut throat
The Summer faculty program was great, unfortunately it is no longer funded.
Summer Faculty Fellow (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
This was a great experience for me as a new faculty member. I was able to make collaborations with NASA scientists and get my undergraduate students involved in NASA research.
Pros
Great
Cons
Funding has stopped the program
Excellent
Newest technologies.
Great management.
Federal employee benefits.
Federal employee discounts.
Pros
Super Friendly
Cons
Budget
Nasa!
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2017
This is a great place to work. You're a rocket scientist and no one is smarter than you. The culture here will make you believe it no matter what because of how encouraging everyone is here.
Very Interesting Place to Work
Data Management Coordinator (DMC) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2017
NASA is a very interesting and diverse place of employment. There are so many things to see and so many projects to possibly get involved in if you know the correct avenues to go down to get involved with each project.
good workplace as civil servant
Exhibits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
I am a contractor. I promote NASA and its missions to the general public. It is a really good job because you meet a lot of people and inspire many to achieve.
Great place for an internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLAugust 6, 2017
Everyone was very friendly and helpful and excited to show the interns around to the different places on center (VAB, launch pads, etc.). Only difficulty was lack of records when going back to research previous material/protocol/equipment.
Training and Management Developement
Mission Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 2, 2017
Many opportunities for career and management training. Outstanding education opportunities. Voted the best place to work 5 consecutive years in a row.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  KSC & GlennJuly 30, 2017
NASA allows you to learn new skills. Many different challenges and enjoy those. I have worked in many different areas over the years and have enjoyed the work.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Sometimes an over indulgence in minor safety issues
Awesome
Life Science Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
Working at NASA is the dream. I interned there and would love to work there long term if I can find a suitable job. I support the space program in its entirety!
Good project experience
NASA NexT 2017 Challenge (Participating Team) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
It was a competition where undergraduate students were participating in that event. It was unpaid, but for teams being selected to visit their Neutral Buoyancy Lab at Houston get the chance to network with NASA crew members. And we are one of the 16 teams being selected to test our prototype at their facility. We were being assigned a mentor to have weekly Skype meeting, and she is a Senior Engineer from NASA. Perhaps she was very busy on some other work, she missed twice the scheduled call and took a long time to respond to our email.
Prooductive and Fostering
Inventory control and Property Officer (Current Employee) –  Tech 3July 25, 2017
The most amazing experience one could ask for. Positive, team oriented and constructive. The ideal place for the scientifically inclined and tech guru.
Government job with decent pay and benefits
NASA pre-coop and coop student (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJuly 25, 2017
I worked with engineers while I alternated working with school. I learned more on the job than in my classes. Eventually I had to give it up because of doing poor in my school work and a grocery job that had the possibility of advancement. I think I would do better today and hope to finish my degree and maybe co-op with NASA once more. I know there's a hiring freeze right not but it may go away with all the private launches and the need for updates to the GSE (ground support equipment) which they are responsible to keep updated.
Pros
government job, good pay and benefits
Cons
Hiring freezes
Hebrews 11:3
Engineering Aid (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 22, 2017
"...Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear...."
It was a fun and loving workplace where I made a lot of friends
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 22, 2017
A typical wok day would trying my best to meet ,my quota for that day as well as being productive in meeting and being better than the best clerk.I learned to work hard and paying attention to detail. We had to be able to learn what management wanted and manage our work in accordance.It was a place strictly for producing what was needed.The hardest part was sometimes getting along with others who were sometimes jealous of your work,but you had to ignore the foolishness to be productive.The most enjoyable times were when you completed your without having to do it again because you weren't paying attention.
Pros
I always went out to get lunch
Cons
Breaks were the same as usual 15 minutes twice a day
Great Experience
Mechanical Engineer Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 22, 2017
Working for NASA has been a great experience for me. It was unpaid project for about one year. The project is called micorgravity and the main task was to simulate zero gravity on earth. :)
Company Culture
Applications Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXJuly 20, 2017
Company Culture was relaxed and friendly as long as your performed your job duties. I learned a lot while I was there such as team work, meeting with users to unravel hidden requirements.