NASCAR Employee Reviews

Good experience and had fun while working.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 5, 2017
It was a great job i had fun while working, everyone was nice and would greet you as well. I love the experience and would love to work for them once again.
Great Place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Job was fun, I like data entry. The people were awesome, helpful, supportive, and great to work with! Thanks so much to SNI Staffing for this position!
Loved working at NASCAR
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 27, 2016
NASCAR was a wonderful place to work and offered great experience for their employees. Management is super and they were willing to help at every turn.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
My internship ended
Great experience
SuperTruck Series Race Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2016
It was a great experience to be a part of the inaugural season of the NASCAR truck series but unfortunately it was a low budget team so we were always at a disadvantage
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low budget team
Traveling circus
Corporate Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 14, 2016
The NASCAR industry is a great place for those who are competition driven and wanting to travel. I have worked in the sport for 12 years for several organizations. You must love to be away from home. Also must be flexible on work hours since deadlines are what the sport runs on. You don't go home until the job is done.
Pros
Great pay, cool experience, travel
Cons
Long hours, away from home constantly
Fun and fast paced work place.
Manager Scoring Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 19, 2016
Our department is a zero failure environment with high pressure. Great talent succeeds but weakness in any area is highlighted quickly. Big disconnect from decision makers to technicians but techs always get those decisions done.
Pros
Free lunch, downtime
Cons
A lot of travel. Not much room to advance.
Fun
Las Vegas Speedway - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2016
I love the holidays and clothes so that was the perfect place for me. the employees were nice. although I was a kid people treated me as if I was an adult
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks
Peaks and Valleys
Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2016
NASCAR has a great culture full of young and upbeat employees, however, there were many shortcomings when it comes to management, internal communication, and efficiency. While most individual departments do great work, there is a clear lack of structure and communication. It is very normal to find multiple people between multiple departments working on the same task or searching for the same piece of information. Also, external communication with race teams and the various stakeholders lacks structure and is incredible frustrating. Another major downfall is compensation, benefits, and ability to advance you career. Again, while there are great people working for NASCAR and I have made many friends, it was not the ideal place for ME to work for a number of reasons.
Very few opportunities for advancement
Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2016
As a fan of the sport for most of my life, I enjoy being employed at NASCAR. I find it easy to relate to people I meet when they ask me what I "do".

In the seven years I have worked for NASCAR, I have been given one promotion. I feel that I have so much more to offer the company, considering my knowledge of the sport and my broadcasting background.
Pros
Telling people I work for NASCAR.
Cons
Salary, tense and often hostile workplace environment.
Exciting and Constantly Changing
Corner Marshal (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 29, 2016
A typical day of work starts at 7:30 am and ends around 6 pm. There is a one hour lunch break. Corner Marshals work outside in the elements so you may be in 100 degree weather or 30 degree weather depending on the season. There is not much room to grow if you are a corner marshal. Salary is pretty much capped. The co-workers are great and very welcoming. It's a great part time job if you're looking for some extra money.
Pros
free access to track events
Cons
no room for growth
Nice job but long hours
Arcade Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMarch 13, 2016
I loved working at Nascar because it was a fun job with amazing people. The hours were long though, but it was totally worth it. The longer you stay the more they pay you. I learned how clean and fix the arcade games and machines, new peoples skills that I didn't know before, and how to stock and label things properly. The management is wonderful and will work with you to get the perfect schedule. The people are wonderful and very fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was standing for so long. Except for my thirty minute break I had to stand behind the counter of prizes for my entire shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the kids were when they got their prizes, and how fun my coworkers were.
Pros
Discounted food, free access to other places
Cons
Long hours, sometimes physically demanding
male dominated company
manager of credentials (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2016
male dominated company
hard to get promotion
loved my position
hard to work for power executives
co-workers were good and team workers
loved working with the teams and sponsors
Review
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 19, 2015
I have learned a great deal about accounts payable. The management is top notch and employees always come first.
40 hour work week.
Co-workers are very intelligent
Pros
great management
Cons
sit a lot
Hard worker with great work ethic
Field Investigator & Race Official (Sprint Cup (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
Looking for a career and not just a job. Like to have fulfillment out of my work and great end results. Work well with others.
Pros
Work way to hard
Cons
Long hours and hard on myself.
Sophisticated, forward-thinking organization with an eye on the future
Senior Coordinator, Communications (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 1, 2015
NASCAR in general is far more sophisticated and forward thinking than its public image. Senior leadership is always looking for ways to innovate and improve the sport so that the product is more enjoyable to the fans and brings more value to partners and stake holders.
Pros
Forward-thinking, innovative
Cons
Lots of travel
Productive work
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 21, 2015
Fun work place and friendly co-workers.
Grew personally and developed new ways to interact with
the public and with people I already new
Fast Paced Productive
Track Services Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 9, 2015
NASCAR is the premier motor sports sanctioning body in the world. Its fan base is like none other. Fans are dedicated to the sport, competitors and the industry.
Pros
Best in class
Great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  charlotteAugust 7, 2015
Great Job love working at nascar hall of fame learned alot about racing and race cars enjoyed the customers and all the racing fan base.
Pros
Meeting new people
Very committed
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2015
It is a great organization to be a part of. Employees are very nice and fun to be around. Great company and organization. I would recommend this to anyone
Great place to for career development
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
 Conducted sales appointments to identify business' needs/goals for corporate partners and disseminate course and program information to potential partners
 Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation, and consumer insight development
 Communicates project status with the Director and other key stakeholders
 Brief and train sales personnel Launch and oversee advertising and media planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NASCAR. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval