NASCAR Employee Reviews in United States

Very few opportunities for advancement
Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2016
As a fan of the sport for most of my life, I enjoy being employed at NASCAR. I find it easy to relate to people I meet when they ask me what I "do".

In the seven years I have worked for NASCAR, I have been given one promotion. I feel that I have so much more to offer the company, considering my knowledge of the sport and my broadcasting background.
Pros
Telling people I work for NASCAR.
Cons
Salary, tense and often hostile workplace environment.
Exciting and Constantly Changing
Corner Marshal (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 29, 2016
A typical day of work starts at 7:30 am and ends around 6 pm. There is a one hour lunch break. Corner Marshals work outside in the elements so you may be in 100 degree weather or 30 degree weather depending on the season. There is not much room to grow if you are a corner marshal. Salary is pretty much capped. The co-workers are great and very welcoming. It's a great part time job if you're looking for some extra money.
Pros
free access to track events
Cons
no room for growth
Nice job but long hours
Arcade Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNMarch 13, 2016
I loved working at Nascar because it was a fun job with amazing people. The hours were long though, but it was totally worth it. The longer you stay the more they pay you. I learned how clean and fix the arcade games and machines, new peoples skills that I didn't know before, and how to stock and label things properly. The management is wonderful and will work with you to get the perfect schedule. The people are wonderful and very fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was standing for so long. Except for my thirty minute break I had to stand behind the counter of prizes for my entire shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the kids were when they got their prizes, and how fun my coworkers were.
Pros
Discounted food, free access to other places
Cons
Long hours, sometimes physically demanding
male dominated company
manager of credentials (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2016
male dominated company
hard to get promotion
loved my position
hard to work for power executives
co-workers were good and team workers
loved working with the teams and sponsors
Hard worker with great work ethic
Field Investigator & Race Official (Sprint Cup (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
Looking for a career and not just a job. Like to have fulfillment out of my work and great end results. Work well with others.
Pros
Work way to hard
Cons
Long hours and hard on myself.
Review
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 19, 2015
I have learned a great deal about accounts payable. The management is top notch and employees always come first.
40 hour work week.
Co-workers are very intelligent
Pros
great management
Cons
sit a lot
Sophisticated, forward-thinking organization with an eye on the future
Senior Coordinator, Communications (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 1, 2015
NASCAR in general is far more sophisticated and forward thinking than its public image. Senior leadership is always looking for ways to innovate and improve the sport so that the product is more enjoyable to the fans and brings more value to partners and stake holders.
Pros
Forward-thinking, innovative
Cons
Lots of travel
Fast Paced Productive
Track Services Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 9, 2015
NASCAR is the premier motor sports sanctioning body in the world. Its fan base is like none other. Fans are dedicated to the sport, competitors and the industry.
Pros
Best in class
Productive work
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 21, 2015
Fun work place and friendly co-workers.
Grew personally and developed new ways to interact with
the public and with people I already new
Too much travel
Official (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Traveled so much I forgot where I was half of the time. $10 bucks an hour and no benefits.

The best part of this was getting to meet alot of celebrities.
Pros
meeting celebrities
Cons
hours
Great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  charlotteAugust 7, 2015
Great Job love working at nascar hall of fame learned alot about racing and race cars enjoyed the customers and all the racing fan base.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Great place to for career development
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
 Conducted sales appointments to identify business' needs/goals for corporate partners and disseminate course and program information to potential partners
 Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation, and consumer insight development
 Communicates project status with the Director and other key stakeholders
 Brief and train sales personnel Launch and oversee advertising and media planning
Great place to work, but the value system is below non exsisting
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 21, 2013
I loved my time with the company, however the value system on what managers get by with is absurd. I saw so many things wrong yet when I asked about aiding in fixing them I ended up losing my job. Room for advancement is nil, unless you do favors for higher ups....then you will gladly get moved up the corporate ladder. All in all I enjoyed my employment just way to many things I had to slide under the rug. If you aren't at the top of the chain, watch your back and trust no one. Sad that I got that advice from another employee a little to late.
Pros
you can go to races if ever granted time off
Cons
no one is there to help they are all worried about their own job, no value system, eoe does not exsist except on occassion
Challenging workplace
Brand Ambassador, Next Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2012
Typical day at work - Hanging out with NASCAR fanatics

What I've learned - Most of the NASCAR driver's names and backgrounds

Management - I was a fill-in tour manager

Co-workers - Seasoned NASCAR event marketers

Hardest part of the job - Doing my best for the amount of pay I received at the time.

Most enjoyable part of the job - Being introduced into the NASCAR culture.
Pros
traveling
Cons
the pay (at the time)
Very committed
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2015
It is a great organization to be a part of. Employees are very nice and fun to be around. Great company and organization. I would recommend this to anyone
Best Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 5, 2012
The call volume was always high when it came close to race time.
Customers where always friendly and knew what they wanted.
We always offered upsells and memorabilia for fans and we received incentives for most upsells for the month. I loved the work environment. We were able to go to the events at the track and discounted NASCAR merchandise. We got to meet some of the drivers also.
Pros
events, dicounts, incentives
Cons
n/a
Enjoyed my experience here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 9, 2014
Great place to work. Culture takes time to adjust to. Busy place.
fun place, rides, game arcade
Ride attendant (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 24, 2014
i really didn't learn anything from nascar. they where so unorganized at times .co-workers slacked off all the time. and favoritism was shown. the hardest part of my job was assisting kids that really payed no attention directions, and spin-outs. the most enjoyable part was having job.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
short breaks
Customer Service
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2012
When I started working at Nascar it was very fun and enjoyable around the kids and employee's,but over time the managers which and the company was falling and I felt it was a very high school and wanted more for myself.
Pros
lunches breaks, friendly employee's, and the little children
Cons
managers
Fast paced
Diversity Internship (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAAugust 18, 2012
Can you keep up? Experience like no other. I was able to experience over a short period of time the day in the life of working for NASCAR and make amazing connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NASCAR. Our community is ready to answer.