NASCO Employee Reviews

Health Insurance Exchange Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 9, 2017
NASCO's professional staff are customer-oriented. NASCO has been voted best place to work multiple times. They also have won multiple awards for their work.
It’s a good company I learned a lot from that client
Senior Pega Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2017
It’s a good company I learned a lot from that client I learned many thing from project manager I thought of continuing with this company we are unable to do .
Contractor
Internal IT Auditor, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Good opportunity, I was on contract so its hard for me to make an accurate assessment of the company. It was great support and good work environment. Office lacks windows which made it feel a little institutional.
Pros
Good work hours and commutes
Cons
contract ended abruptly
Team environment
Sr. Manager, Integration Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
NASCO has as an excellent customer focus and a great team environment. Everyone is focused on getting results and all work is in support of that. The customer is everyone's primary focus.
Pros
People
assembly
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  unknownJanuary 8, 2017
All you do all day is assemble assemble and more assemble. It is allot of fun if you like to work with your hands, but you do not get paid hourly you get paid bye item. So if there is only 3 items for the day that is how much you will be paid for. the way it works also is if the item is say a wheel barrow it might give you maybe 1.00$ for each one you build.
Pros
working with your hands
Cons
low pay sometimes no pay.
Productive and fun workplace at pirates cove waterpark (NASCO)
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAJanuary 4, 2017
The process of becoming a lifeguard consisted of extensive training, which included in-class teaching, and training in the water. I have learned that being a lifeguard consists of many responsibilities. Thus, staying hydrated, using proper skin care throughout the day, staying alert, and being aware of your surroundings. It is my responsibility to insure safety for all patrons, including prevention of dangerous situations. I learned how to properly give CPR, scan the water, and how to retrieve drowning passive or active victims. Whether the patrons are submerged, or not submerged. A typical day would include a meeting every morning, preparation before openings, scanning the water, rotations, and closings with cleaning maintenance. Working there has provided me with many skills. Such as, learning to work as a team, managing and maintaining a clean and safe environment, and using good communication. The people whom I work with are very responsible, and friendly. They're no problems I have witnessed, or received. Personally, the hardest part of my job was communication with the parents of the children. There were slight situations where parents wouldn't like for me, or any guard, to correct certain behavior that was not safe for their child. The most enjoyable thing I admire about being a lifeguard, is that I am extremely privileged to be around many children with many lovely personalities, and being in a very fun work place.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Unreasonable patrons
Flexibility
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at NASCO for the Flexibility and working with the Plan. The employees were good. My immediate manager was FABULOUS.
Fun place to work
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2016
Depending on the department you are a resource in, you can have a great work life balance and your co-workers are talented individuals. Stuck in the wrong department can have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Work and Life Balance, Management in some departments and Tele-commute is available
Horrible
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 27, 2016
Packaging springs into crates, it was a bad job to be honest as a temp the pay is horrible, its hot and they have you working like a machine trying to pack those springs.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Warehouse
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIJune 23, 2016
Pick Orders
Put product on shelves
worked on computers checking in product
Management was goof
JOb Culture was okay
meet alot of nice co workers
Great pay but a lot of OT
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 15, 2016
The work is demanding but not to physical, the difficult part of the job is the OT and work culture. The pay is good and the insurance is great. Just be prepared to work every day.
busy
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 6, 2016
i would go in put up my items go to my line i build the windows for the tractor . then after i build them i put them in the rack then they get sent off after I finish i just go home really simple
Pros
good hours
Cons
hard labor
Friendly management personnel, overall good environment
Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed my two years with NASCO, I was laid off due to them losing a large contract and was very disappointed when this happened.
Nasco was a great company and great boss just contract ended
Superintendent/Safety, Duty (Former Employee) –  FT Gordon GA.October 22, 2015
I also worked for R&D Maintenance SC .and now working for Blakeland. LLC at Parris Island SC. But would like to get closer to home I am now the superintendent/QC/Safety/PM. I like the company and the pay but it's a long drive every day.
Great entry level job.
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 19, 2015
Nasco is a great entry level job to gain hands on manufacturing experience. More than 50% of your time is spend on the floor, which can be very hot during the summer.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Daily work load is constantly interrupted and changing.
It was a good place to work
Lead Catalog Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIOctober 17, 2015
Since I have not worked there in 13 years, it is hard to give a review as a lot has changed since I worked there. At the time I really liked my job and the department I worked for.
Amazing job
Quality Control & SSHO Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 5, 2015
Worked with some amazing people for almost 5 years until contact was complete with USACE, My self and co-workers worked together as a team and completed all job ahead of schedule.
Great Place to work
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2015
Daily activities included writing technical documentation, interfacing with customers, troubleshooting issue tickets, leading a team of developers.

I have learned many technologies here, specifically what worked and what did not work for the business.Using ETL to process and import large data for the business domain to perform operations on. The best technologies for intranet based web applications. The best technologies to interface with mainframes.

My co-workers are a joy to work with. A very supportive team environment. Everyone is cooperative and willing to go the extra mile to deliver solutions on time.

The hardest part was coordinating with customers and making sure that business requirements were feasible and then also being able to delegate this work to off-shore resources.

I really enjoyed working with different technologies. This gave me a great deal of experience with legacy platforms and how to interface with them.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great benefits, remote work days available
Cons
Too much process
Highly Efficient environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City , NJAugust 31, 2015
Extremely fast paced environment and very customer focus driven. The company strives to increase its customer satisfaction ratings to ensure all its objectives are met .
Cold calling customers job requirements
Direct Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNMarch 13, 2015
I was cold calling schools to help them fund raise for there school. I did public speaking to student bodies and PTO groups to sell the school spirit product lines in Southeast Michigan. I was working by myself with no co-workers. I was a self starter in getting my sales with a referral base to guide.
Pros
Learning to public speak, gaining confidence in myself.
Cons
Travel and salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NASCO. Our community is ready to answer.