NASCO Employee Reviews in United States

Warehouse
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIJune 23, 2016
Pick Orders
Put product on shelves
worked on computers checking in product
Management was goof
JOb Culture was okay
meet alot of nice co workers
busy
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 6, 2016
i would go in put up my items go to my line i build the windows for the tractor . then after i build them i put them in the rack then they get sent off after I finish i just go home really simple
Pros
good hours
Cons
hard labor
Friendly management personnel, overall good environment
Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed my two years with NASCO, I was laid off due to them losing a large contract and was very disappointed when this happened.
Nasco was a great company and great boss just contract ended
Superintendent/Safety, Duty (Former Employee) –  FT Gordon GA.October 22, 2015
I also worked for R&D Maintenance SC .and now working for Blakeland. LLC at Parris Island SC. But would like to get closer to home I am now the superintendent/QC/Safety/PM. I like the company and the pay but it's a long drive every day.
Great entry level job.
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 19, 2015
Nasco is a great entry level job to gain hands on manufacturing experience. More than 50% of your time is spend on the floor, which can be very hot during the summer.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Daily work load is constantly interrupted and changing.
It was a good place to work
Lead Catalog Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIOctober 17, 2015
Since I have not worked there in 13 years, it is hard to give a review as a lot has changed since I worked there. At the time I really liked my job and the department I worked for.
Amazing job
Quality Control & SSHO Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 5, 2015
Worked with some amazing people for almost 5 years until contact was complete with USACE, My self and co-workers worked together as a team and completed all job ahead of schedule.
Great Place to work
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2015
Daily activities included writing technical documentation, interfacing with customers, troubleshooting issue tickets, leading a team of developers.

I have learned many technologies here, specifically what worked and what did not work for the business.Using ETL to process and import large data for the business domain to perform operations on. The best technologies for intranet based web applications. The best technologies to interface with mainframes.

My co-workers are a joy to work with. A very supportive team environment. Everyone is cooperative and willing to go the extra mile to deliver solutions on time.

The hardest part was coordinating with customers and making sure that business requirements were feasible and then also being able to delegate this work to off-shore resources.

I really enjoyed working with different technologies. This gave me a great deal of experience with legacy platforms and how to interface with them.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great benefits, remote work days available
Cons
Too much process
Highly Efficient environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City , NJAugust 31, 2015
Extremely fast paced environment and very customer focus driven. The company strives to increase its customer satisfaction ratings to ensure all its objectives are met .
Cold calling customers job requirements
Direct Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNMarch 13, 2015
I was cold calling schools to help them fund raise for there school. I did public speaking to student bodies and PTO groups to sell the school spirit product lines in Southeast Michigan. I was working by myself with no co-workers. I was a self starter in getting my sales with a referral base to guide.
Pros
learning to public speak, gaining confidence in myself.
Cons
travel and salary.
i like this job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 8, 2014
My typical day at work was of course hardworking but we had a goal to reach and that was making sells
I enjoyed working at Nasco I learned a lot of things i did not know going in like working on project x and sorting parts and putting them into Microsoft spreadsheets.
My coworkers were great and very helpful
The hardest part of my job was trying to find parts that were rarely sold anymore.
The most enjoyable part was being able to find the lowest price on a part
productive
Phone Sales/Order Checker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 21, 2014
I really enjoyed working for the company. I learned all my work experience skills over the seven years I worked there. I enjoyed getting to learn the different departments from phone sales where I worked to the warehouse. I really liked how the management treated the employees with respect and had a flexible schedule.
Pros
family friendly, great co workers, good hours
Cons
not really any room to move up in the company
Good job to scrape by.
Order picker packer shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Order pick from a paper sheet that you scan afterward. (Prehistoric)
Get scored on how many scans you get complete.
Supervisor could favor people with orders they give.
Fun co workers.
Pay was a dollar over minimum wage at the time.
Enjoyed the 7am start time
Hardest part of the job was bulk picker pulling 2 gal paint jugs or reams of paper from a push ladder on the 3rd or 4th shelve.
Raises were miniscule but on time as well as a review.
Pros
employees
Cons
pay
Productive company, relaxed atmosphere
Senior Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIAugust 6, 2012
Nasco was a great place to work. I began my tenure at Nasco with no Accounts Payable experience. As my confidence grew, so did my responsibility. I was mentored by my Supervisor and learned protocol for meetings with other professionals (vendors, carriers and upper management). The most difficult part of the job was month-end close off due to deadlines & the associated stress. The most enjoyable part of the job was that management was approachable and open to suggestions.
Pros
free coffee, approachable management
Cons
parking
I enjoyed working there to be able to do something I enjoyed, fitting pipes.
1st Class Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2013
This was a good place to work ,where the distance to the job was less than a mile. It was 12 hours a day and 7 days a week. The hardest part of the job was doing the work and making sure it was correct. I enjoyed at the end of the day going home and making sure the work done that day was correct and under budget.
Pros
free lunches of crawfish boil and bonuses
Cons
lunches too short
Pay is a little low, advancement limited, but job security is high
Senior Consultant - Transformation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2011
Was offered a full time job after being a contractor for 6 months. The pay offered was abut $15k less then the going market rate. The company has a number of long time employees that were in high position that have been demoted. However, their pay remained the same. The moral was a little low due the number of unsuccessful change initiatives and the solo departments. That a really bad place, but would not be a place for senior level people that likes to make a difference. If you just like to do your "job" and not many expectations. This may be the place for you. But don't be suprised if you get bored or fustrated really fast.
Pros
nice building, nice people, can ride under the radar
Cons
low pay, many ego, low moral, lack of stratgic direction
Great company and culture providing BCBS healthcare payer solutions
Business Effectiveness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2012
Great company and culture providing BCBS healthcare payer solutions. I would recommend the company to anyone who has healthcare payer background; especially Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Good working environment
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GADecember 16, 2013
Experienced team to work with. Typical day was fast paced and with the combined team effort us as a team were able to accomplish our projects on time and within budget with no accidents or personal injuries.
Pros
good crew
Challenging Environment
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2013
The project was a great opportunity with many factors such as political, budget constraints and no resources; but we were still able to develop the project requirements, use cases and secure funding for the budget.
Fun training environment but alot of stong minded stiff necked senior workers
Benefit Coder (Former Employee) –  atlanta, georgiaMarch 4, 2012
Overall they are headed in the right direction but not everybody is on the same page.
Pros
excellent training program
Cons
fickle, finicky, no support for remote workers, jealousy