NASH FINCH Employee Reviews

A fun and Functioning Company to work at
Driver (Current Employee), LandoverMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Dont get lunches there
Cons: Health Care is Good
I been there a year now I have no complaints at this time other than that I need more money for what I do for them and that I could have a better schedule with more communication
Fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MDJanuary 12, 2015
Constant movement of equipment and personnel military supply contractor all Air Force Bases commissary
No review
Supervisor/ Receiver/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no team work
Supervised, worked right along side employees, Okay company to work for, no room for advancement
Hard Hours
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: management not very good
could be called at anytime and if not answered within ten minutes no matter what then you were wrote up.
APC
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sterling, COMay 31, 2014
I have been trained in many different areas along the front end ie: cashier, manager, customer service desk, and bookkeeper. This was a fast paced environment and I believe that I have thrived very well.
warehouse environment
Contact Person (Former Employee), Falls Mills, VAMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible with needing time off
Cons: nigh shift
Night shift job, no set schedule sometimes had to stay late, detailed work, lacking management, no structure or routine
Coworkers easy to work with
management didnt know what they was doing
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee), columbus gaMay 4, 2014
job was ok but supervisor had know clue what they was doing because had to lesson and follow the GM way. if they didn't they got demoted and/or fired.
A good place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Bellefontaine OhioApril 2, 2014
Pros: personal interaction
I would still work here today if they had not moved their accounting to Minnesota.
Physical Rewarding Labor
Order Selector (Former Employee), St. Joseph, MNMarch 11, 2014
Working at Nash Finch requires great attention to detail to make sure an order is on correct and on time. This job is very physical and is demanding on your legs and back. The shifts are long and require working awkward hours during the week and weekend. The hardest part of the job is to be efficient doing your job while not getting hurt.
Productive work environment
Order Selector (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2014
Room for growth with this company if this was the type of career you really wanted.
Nash Finch - Positive
MIS Manager - PC Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: low pay scale
25% Customer Service/Training

Hardest part of the job - Required relocation

Most enjoyable part of the job - Everything I did
Creative And Fun Workplace
Advertising Designer (Former Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 9, 2013
Being an Advertising Designer was a very enjoyable position. I loved exploring my creative side by designing ads and coming up with catchy slogans. My job consisted of working one on one with buyers each week and ensuring every circular that went out was exactly what each client wanted. I worked with great people and always felt I was being challenged in a positive way.
very phyisically demanding job .good benifits with limited top end.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: no raises, very physically demanding
Job was a steady income but with little upside.but did have good benefits.vactions ect.
Challenging
Maintenance Manager / Project Manager (Current Employee), Lima, OHNovember 23, 2013
Pros: good job
Cons: union enviroment
Looking to relocate back to Texas. Manage 7 maintenance associates in a 500,000 square foot building. Maintenance takes care of all equipment and the building within our scope of work.
I really enjoyed working at this job simply beacause you can basically set your own goals and make things happen for yourself each day in a positive .
Order Selector (Former Employee), Omaha, NeOctober 31, 2013
Working on this job was very inspiring. This job allowed you the opportunity to get extra hours as well as set your own goals for yourself.
I enjoy working for nash finch when it was in lincoln. In omaha the mangenent change four times in three years that i was there
grocery,shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2013
productive and a fun place to work when it was in licoln ne. The management was not as good in lincon.I work with some of the best co-workers I have ever work with in the end was driving to Omaha was the hardest part of the job.
warehouse full of immature people
Sanitation (Former Employee), Midland, GAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: childish people worked there
a typical day consist of me on the sweeper/scrubber cleanng,it was negative energy in there all the time the poeple that worked there act like little kids and the management was only good when someone was visting.
Fun work atmosphere. Laid back and relaxing.
Warehouse Clerical (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 25, 2013
My typical day was running orders for the warehouse guys. Filling out the paperwork and getting that day's shipments loaded.
Great working environment, team oriented, well organized company.
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee), Edina, MNOctober 7, 2013
Pros: people i worked with in all department that worked well together.
* Duties sorting incoming and outgoing mail. Distribute mail to appropriate flrs. Ready out going mail for shipping, USPO and UPS with right labeling and postal regulations. Operate b/w and color copier. Maintain copiers on upper flrs.
* Learned to improved my organizational skills.
* Good management, very helpful
* Co-works at company worked very well in all departments.
* In fast pace working environment you have to multitask and prioritize your day.
* Enjoyable part of job was when company had days where they would have get together with all employees to meet and mingle with your co-workers.
A hometown grocery store that I learned so much from.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Gering, NESeptember 20, 2013
I no longer work here but a typical day here would be working in a produce department, meat depart and grocery department. I have learned so much from this company its where I had my first job when I was 16 over the years I worked in book keeping, grocery department, meat, dairy and produce department. I started off as a baggier then went to cashier and moved myself up over the years.