NASH FINCH Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service/Transportation Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Fast advancements and very timely on giving raises. If the comoany was still located in Saginaw, MI I would still be employed here.
Under the micro-scope
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2017
You start your morning at 1am. Once you clock in you have certain amount of time to suit up. Certain time to inspect forklift and once you log in you are timed on every pallet you put away. You are giving block time for breaks and lunches. If you not doing your job or slow they will come and find you. It's called an incentive program.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
If you did your job well, all was fine with corporate
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 27, 2017
As usual, bookkeeping can be challenging due to the fact you have to be dependent on other personal (checkers), there accuracy makes the job a lot easier.
Pros
easy to take time off
Cons
I actually have no complaints
Productive and fast-paced place to work but needs better management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 11, 2017
A typical day consists of getting work orders picked and shipped out to customers per their requests. One of the many things I liked about Nash Finch was that I was able to work on my own with very little or no supervision at all. Although management could have done better in some instances they did make it an okay place to work. The hardest part of my job was having to pick orders that needed assistants (such as over 75lbs or more boxes) because I always had to wait on that assistant.
Great job
Network Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2017
Worked at this company for 22 years, it was sold 2 times, once Nash Finch took over there was a downward decline and the job started to not be enjoyable. Nash Finch didn't understand the customer base and eventually the closed the division due to lack of sales.
Pros
Learned how it do most of my IT leadership
Cons
Mismanaged company
The people are nice
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  West fargo 13th aveJuly 10, 2017
I had fun working with all the people they were easy to work with and they would help me if I needed help I would like to work there again PT to get my knee better
Poor management with no opportunity for career advancement
Retail Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MNJuly 3, 2017
High turnover rate...high absentee rate for employees...lack of heat in the pharmacy...often wore a winter coat and gloves while working. Lack of communication between corporate office and individual pharmacies.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
freezing weather inside the pharmacy
Great place to earn good money
Yard Jockey/Driver (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 30, 2017
Hate the management. Work long hours. Really don't have time to be with family and friends on holidays,work on Sundays. Very dangerous place to work.place really needs updating.
Pros
Cons
Short lunch after u work long hrs
Cool
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 10, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of great people. Some opportunity for advancement with some salary pay increase for full time employees and generally nice people.
N/a
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 5, 2017
It was a good temporary job but there were no benefits or any other improvements in the work field. The duties of this job were very simple and not what i was looking for.
Typical day at Spartan Nash
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 26, 2017
A normal day consisted of clocking in and immediately grabbing an order from case. We sorted the pics out based on whether it was dairy or freezer. After that we chose ordered items from shelves and placed them on pallets and wrapped them for shipment.
day at work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NEMay 2, 2017
always greeted with a smile, great people to work with and around love the customers, easy job fast paced fun environment not stressful boss is fun to be around
Busy place to work and the people were fun
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHApril 29, 2017
This job was busy phone work and customer service. Taking and placing customer orders. There were four of us in the office and we had a great time working together, we all worked together as a team and it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible lunch times
Cons
healthcare was not great
Loved it there
HR (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time I spent there. Very disappointed that they were purchased by another company. My manager was wonderful and so were my co-workers. Not the best paying company however I felt as if communication was great and I felt respected.
Good Company
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen SDApril 21, 2017
Nash Finch was a good company to work for. They provided a safe, clean and relaxed work environment for their entire staff. In my position I was able to work with other employees to benefit the entire company.
Productive and fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wahoo, NEApril 4, 2017
I loved working at Nash Finch, this was my first real job in high school and I worked through college their also. Its a great environment and you learn a lot!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working different hours
Going above and beyond
Graphic Design/Digital Composer (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 3, 2017
Worked in a deadline based atmosphere that could be hectic, but fun. I was there to simply do my job, but often times, people's personal lives were the driven force behind nearly everything. I thoroughly enjoyed working in the art department creating new and interesting logos each day.
Pros
creative work environment
Cons
Pay raises, again, were scarce
Average Retail Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMarch 31, 2017
Typical retail job. The management definitely could have been better, communication was constantly lacking between the managers as well as the supervisors.
Terrible
Picker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 29, 2017
Company did not care about employees, had a do more with less mentality, would fire, hire, train and fire employee after employee.

Showing up everyday at a job where you knew management didn't care one bit was the greatest challenge.
Lousy at retail
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 19, 2017
This company needed a change and the last CEO they hired drove this company into the dirt. There were several really good up executive branch officials but some bad ones too. I really wished they would of talked to us store managers on what could be improved. Never the less this company got bought out.
Pros
Potential
Cons
need a change across the board in all operations company wide.