NASH FINCH Employee Reviews in United States

Store Director
Store Director/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MN 56560June 18, 2016
Fast paced work environment with many challenges. Ability to work with numerous individuals at once to achieve a common goal is a must. Ability to react professionally to multiple customer/employee situations.
Pros
working with people
Cons
Nights, weekends, and holidays.
Great place to work, great pay, applications development rewarding
Computer Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 8, 2016
Typical day at work entails meeting for project initiatives, application development for service requests, and employee interaction for development tasks. I enjoyed the clean, comfortable environment and the acceptable level of challenge for applications development. Coworkers can be angry or evasive, but leadership does the job well of managing personnel and bringing in new talent and also providing incentives for current talent to grow their careers within the company. People can sometimes be perpetually disgruntled which makes the job less engaging. The most enjoyable day on the job has one or two meetings for project efforts included and development work in between. Good people overall, though people are sometimes critical to a fault without just consideration of the effort peers contribute to a collective development goal.
Pros
Great workplace and application tools
Cons
People can be snobby and disgruntled even when they are handsomely compensated for their time.
great place to work
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 22, 2016
great workplace they take care of employees love going to stores and meeting people unloaded trailer as needed cooperate with store to get unloaded
its a good place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 24, 2016
the 4 and a 1/2 year a work there I make good money a year nothing to complain about it well sometimes there is people who dislike other people and you are not going to change that kind of persons
It was productive and fun working place.
RECEIVER UNLOADER (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 30, 2015
It was a fun place to, my co work and managers was really to me and everybody else. I learned a lot of things, I learn how to drive a forklift, a hand jack, how to unload from the truck and many more.
Pros
some time tive free lunch
Cons
short breaks, health, etc
Culture is very important, and involvment with most employees is the strong suit of the company.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 15, 2015
Nash Finch merged with Spartan Foods to create the newly formed SpartanNash in 2013. The culture of both companies appear to very closely matched, making the transition with most employees very smooth. I have worked in many areas of the company and would say compensation is average or slightly better than average for all of the positions I am familiar with. As the business continues to evolve, it appears adavancement opportunities are slowly diminishing. My co-workers have always been excellent, which says a lot about the culture, and many have stayed loyal for 20, 30, or 40+ years.
Pros
A vast array of positions withing the company.
Cons
Difficult knowing "Nash Finch" is gone.
company merger
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2015
future with became uncertain when the announcement of merger.
DATA center was moving to the other company.
With in 12 - 18 months of role elimination.
Great company and great people to work with
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNSeptember 25, 2015
Nothing but positive things to say. Clean environment, well organized, decent benefits. Management cares about it's employees and goes the extra mile to take care of them.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay could be better
Productive work team
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 28, 2015
A productive and efficient work team support the demands of this Fortune 500 company. A big influence within the community
Fast paced environment
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, Ohio 43318=1July 13, 2015
Very busy place. Hardest part was not being able to be social. The grocery business is always changing and is very competitive.
Great Workforce
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 5, 2015
Director is incompetent

Hours to long for the Salary paid

Never knowing what time the shift was going to be over.

Enjoyed the associates that worked for me.
Pros
Enjoyed the people
Cons
managment showed too much favortism
I loved going to work everyday.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 23, 2015
A good source of diverse job opportunities. The people I worked with were like a second family. I appreciated the trust instilled in us as employees.
Kmart once nice at one time
Order Selector/Grocery Pallet Leader (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 11, 2015
Kmart used to be a nice store. They performed some layoffs and I was one of them. This was so long ago that it is really hard to right a review about this.
Enjoyable place to work with many very professional and hard working associates.
Bakery Deli Specialist (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisApril 8, 2015
I would work on established priority stores as well as the day to day monitoring of store metrics.

I learned how to make a unit profitable and where to look when results were not satisfactory.

Most management were great to work with but as with all places, a few personalities cold be difficult. Coping with those few were the most difficult part of the job.

I enjoyed most of my co-workers and have stayed in contact with them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to identify strong performers, training them, promoting them, and then watching them grow and blossom into their new positions. I also loved the personal interaction with our customers.
Pros
Competative pay and good benefits.
Cons
Sometimes corporate egos were difficult to work with
Great supervisors and working hours.
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Westville, INApril 6, 2015
The HR Manager and supervisors in the warehouse were wonderful! The job was temporary or I would still be there. Treated with kindness, respect and professionalism. Supervisors were patient in training me and quick with a joke. Never had so much fun on a job before!
Pros
Great supervisors - lots of fun
Cons
Compensation was low.
A fun and Functioning Company to work at
Driver (Current Employee) –  LandoverMarch 22, 2015
I been there a year now I have no complaints at this time other than that I need more money for what I do for them and that I could have a better schedule with more communication
Pros
Dont get lunches there
Cons
Health Care is Good
mdv is a great place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 7, 2015
select product, unload and load trucks, replenish product on racks, breaks are every two hours...its a cold, dry storage warehouse
Pros
management treat their workers good
Cons
working during the snow
Productive and enjoyable
Regional Advertising Layout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work included designing grocery store newspaper ads and shelf signs, data entry, and assisting customers with orders. The best part of the job was learning to use the Apple Mac for the layout and design of the ads and then admiring the work you completed. The hardest part of the job is that I worked so fast I would run out of things to do and would get bored.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
not enough work to do
Fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MDJanuary 12, 2015
Constant movement of equipment and personnel military supply contractor all Air Force Bases commissary
all over okay
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  edina mnOctober 22, 2014
communication needs allot of improvement, benefits were great, hours were great
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no communications

2.9