The Network and Data Specialist is a flexible technical generalist who provides support and manages all aspects of the technology infrastructure of Nashoba Brooks School to provide a strong framework on which excellent teaching, learning, and data analysis can take place. This includes, but is not limited to all servers, all network/wireless infrastructures, all firewall and security issues, all student information, all backup systems, as well as all computers and related peripherals. The Network and Data Specialist will report to the Director of Finance and Operations, and will work closely with the entire Information Services Team to provide responsive support to all users of the school’s network and data systems.
- Work closely with the Information Services Team to make informed decisions about equipping the school with efficient and effective network equipment, and managing program needs within budget.
- Provide technical support for faculty, administrators, and students.
- Manage and maintain voice and data network infrastructure.
- Manage inventory of hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of strategic planning and cost forecasting.
- BA in related field with Macintosh and windows server experience (3+years’ in Mac/Windows Servers environment);
- Network, Hardware and Software: Basic TCP/IP networking, including DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP addressing and subnets, at both a client and server level; Basic firewall concepts and management; Basic wireless networking, including radio frequency band management, security options (WEP/WPA/WPA2), and connection setup; Windows XP/7 and Macintosh systems operation;
- Experience supporting SMART Boards, projectors, digital cameras, document cameras, VOIP and AV equipment;
- Systems: Familiarity with Filemaker Pro database use from a user standpoint; Previous experience integrating and administering Google Apps for Education - modules include Gmail, Calendar, Docs; Intermediate experience developing websites;
- Integration: Experience planning and forecasting in the technology field; Effective written and verbal communication skills; Comfort with and experience in presenting to small and large groups.
- Advanced TCP/IP networking experience;
- Firewall configuration and management experience;
- Advanced Windows and Macintosh systems management experience;
- Familiarity with Cisco network solutions including Call Manager and Aironet products;
- Experience deploying and managing Open Directory, Mac, Chromebooks, and Google Apps for Education;
- Blackbaud and Filemaker Pro experience in an educational setting;
- Previous technology integration experience in an education environment.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent day school that fosters community, develops character, and builds student confidence around a core...